Balance of Power

Discussion in 'Warbirds International' started by lnewlf, Dec 1, 2000.

1. lnewlf

lnewlf New Member

Horrido, all [​IMG]

as i see there is something new in development... an I-16 we got (nice little Thing [​IMG] ) and an IL-2 to come...

but then... there will be 35 allied Planes against 23 axis Planes... a bit of unfair in my eyes [​IMG]

whats about an He-111 or an FW-200 for the axis??? or an He-162 Turbo [​IMG]

Just an impresion of my thoughts... feel free to discuss it [​IMG]

lnewlf

2. -exec-

-exec- FH Consultant

Originally at iEN:
    Americans have 25 airplanes ! [​IMG]
    British have 9
    Soviets have 2 [​IMG]
    Germans have 15
    Japans have 9

So, we just try to introduce soviet planes - the only bad represented side.

The least set of soviet aiplanes must be:
    Yak-1,9,3; La-5,7; Il-2; Il-4; Pe-2 [​IMG]

3. -exec-

-exec- FH Consultant

My personal opinion is that we can decrease the variety of yankee's flying apparata in favour to all other sides ;D

4. mcosta

mcosta Guest

OK... I'm not here to defend anyone... but you completely forgot... the Italians... they were not fighting with kites or blimps! ( CR-32, G-50 Freccia, MC-200 Saetta, C-202, C-205, Re 2000, Ca 135, Z-1007, CA 133, Ca 309/316, etc... )

And the French? They only fought for a little time as French ( when they capitulated, the germans used their planes in other fronts ) ... surelly they were not fighting ( again ) with kites and blimps [​IMG]
    Bloch 174, MB 150/157 , D 520, MS 406, Potez 63, etc... )

As I know, the Australians and the Romanian had some of their own planes... ( not modelled here, as well )

Well... not running away from the topic... the Axis is being beaten up! Some new planes are needed!

mcosta
    Sturmtruppen

5. -nicae-

-nicae- Well-Known Member

i think axis need hvy bombers, allies need JU substitute and that thing of country balance, seems fair, because most pilots and all admins are russian.. but red side will be stronger! complicated situation!

why dont we open a new color for russian planes? (just kidding! [​IMG] )

6. mcosta

mcosta Guest

YES! It is a great idea.... the Red should be the russians, green( or purple ) the rest of the allies.... from 1940-1945, Red+green vs goldies .... then the goldies disapear and we'll get Red vs greens.... ( Korean war anyone? [​IMG] )

Impossible? Dont think so... we dont have missiles yet, and it would add a completelly new dimension to the game... ( F86, MiG15, Il28, etc... ) we are only limited by imagination... ( based on historical facts, of course... )

mcosta
    Sturmtruppen

7. Boroda

Boroda FH Community Officer

What a shame that my writeups on Korean war on AGW are lost now [​IMG]

UN pilots were like blind kittens against the best fighter pilots flying the best fighter planes of the world...

Heh, what else could they expect fighting with units like 176th GvIAP?!

------------------
    --
    With respect,
    Pavel Pavlov,
    wb:boroda
    Commissar 25th IAP VVS

8. vadimchik

vadimchik Member

Sure thank the new aircraft creators! Also sure that we dream of something tasty for the golden as well. It'd be nice to get Bf-109G10 to reduce huge speed superiority of the reds in early 1944 until arrival of Dora.
    But the best I wish is the Japs' George fighter that entered service in the end of WW2 (don't remember now its exact specifications). Its high speed+4x20mm+Jap maneuverability would be a great alternative to the German boom-zoomers.
    About He-111 : is it better than Ju-88 in any aspect? The same about Hs-129 vs 110G.
    But attaching the Norden to Ju-88 would be nice.

9. mcosta

mcosta Guest

The Hs129 is a ground support aircraft. has 2x7.92 and 2x20mm MG/FF on the side of the fuselage, and 3 possible 'extra' weapon configurations : 1 '6-pack'* , 1x37mm cannon or 1x75mm cannon.

the '6-pack' is a group of 6 mini-howitzers connected to a metal detector... when enable, they woulf fire it all against the poor tank in the ground [​IMG]

the bf110 is a fighter-bomber / bomber-intercptor as you know... we can't mix them because they were used in different roles...

The ju88 has a norden gunsight in warbirds...

mcosta
    Sturmtruppen

10. vadimchik

vadimchik Member

Indeed, the 110G is a fighter-bomber and this is why it is regularly requested for dual roles. But the need in Hs-129 as well as Ju-87G is very limited in the absence of armored ground targets like tanks. The case is playability.

11. mcosta

mcosta Guest

I agree with you on the lack of targets for the Hs129... but there's a need for a plane carrying a 75mm weapon for naval attack ( the Allies have the B25, the Axis has none ).
    Besides, the Il2, that is being implemented as we speak, was also a support aircraft...

mcosta
    Sturmtruppen

12. -exec-

-exec- FH Consultant

I said "the only bad represented side", meaning Soviets. Sure I know, that in WB there are no Italian and French airplanes. That means not represented at all.

Yes, I know a little about Italian and French aviation. I did not forget about them.

But WarBirds can count only 64 aircrafts.

o.b. If we give you the forms of the data needed, will you make LN.401/411 dive bomber, or He-177A-3/R1 heavy bomber, or SM.79-II Sparviero medium bomber?
    Besides, you should provide 3d shape, and cockpit of the airplane. Ready?

------------------
    Luck
    Yedyge aka exec[228] aka Killer Crayon
    mail2duc@stones.com

13. lnewlf

lnewlf New Member

Hoi [​IMG]

What a nice Discussion [​IMG]

So i got something to make u understand me right. I dont even meant that LW is outnumbered. But as i saw that u r going to create some new Planes, i thought about new LW-Planes [​IMG] I dont know that only 64 planes are supported. So it will be great, that the IL-2 will be availlable soon [​IMG] Want to get some down [​IMG]

lets get the new wbmedrl2.trn and play Kursk or Stalingrad [​IMG]

bye
    lnewlf

14. -exec-

-exec- FH Consultant

Last Tour Of Duty was on this arena.
    Hope, next will be there too [​IMG]

15. Alexej

Alexej Member

Good point to create a ME 109 G10. Esspecially the version with the "Hoehenlader". Means with the water / methanol injection. As far as I know the 109 G10 was built on 109 G6 airframes with an updated engine and pressured cabin.
    The G10 has the same speed then 109 K, may 5 km/h less.

For bombers I suggest the Heinkel HE 177 would be a great plane for the axis pilots.

What about the special versions of the 190 A series? It would be realy beneficial and would suit the history if the designers of the plane would reinforce the armor of the A8 and F version.

Overall it is very benefit that the team of the russian server create new planes.

JG 26 rules! Alexej Adjudant

16. -exec-

-exec- FH Consultant

Heh [​IMG] What against? La-5FN? [​IMG]
    Ok! Let's make La-5FN and consider the need for Gustav-10 [​IMG]

Never mind, just goofing [​IMG]

17. grobar

grobar Well-Known Member

Don`t forget the Bulgarian planes! [​IMG] Some DARs in 1939 would be fine. [​IMG]

------------------
    Axis Foreign Volunteers Squadron
    "Nationalists of all countries - UNITE!" ;)
    http://grobar.search.bg/volunteers
    Leader

18. mcosta

mcosta Guest

Ouch... is there a way of increasing this number?

Yup, I'll email you now about this...

mcosta
    Sturmtruppen