Blasphemy of Muhammad

Discussion in 'Warbirds International' started by Glas, Feb 2, 2006.

1. Glas

Glas Well-Known Member

One more small thing squirl I would like you view on. Re this passage from my first post;

If 2 young black kids from the Bronx were murdered by a sexual predator, would it receive the same press attention as, for example, 2 young white girls from Greenwich?

I would think not. You?

2. squirl

squirl Well-Known Member

You want me to defend the media?!

I have no problem saying that black victims do not receive as much coverage as white victims do.

If you are gearing up for a war on racism, however, you had better decide which one of these you promote:

Diversity

Equality

You can't have both.

I don't see February as "Black History month." I see it as "just another month."

3. Aser

Aser Well-Known Member

No wanting to discuss if it is wrong or not.

I only want to comment that for muslims, any graphical representation of Alah (for sure) or Muhamad (I am not so sure about this one) is a terrible sin. Maybe that is the main reason why the are so ungry.

(Well, thinking it, it is a bit stupid, as for muslims it is also forbiden and a sin to eat pig meat, but as I am not muslim I eat it with no problem).

Difficult issue to discuss about anyway. (I think they are going to be much more problems in a near future; Iran and their nuclear project, Israel/Palestinian; Irak war; this begin to worrying me)

4. Glas

Glas Well-Known Member

squirl: Nope, not wanting to get drawn on any arguments over it, I really was just wondering your views on it.

5. Jacobe

Jacobe Well-Known Member

I wonder if WW3 starts initially from danish cartoon... weird world (read : idiot world)..eh?

A tip for selfdextruction for desperate :

Make a website in which Muhammad takes blowjob from GW.Bush ,and attach your name ,address and all vital contact info for god's people to get 'contact' with you below.

6. Broz

Broz Well-Known Member

That's plain stupid (not weird coming from you). In this forum there's a big diversity of people posting, and we're all equal towards moderators (or should be ;)). Women are different from men, but we can all be equal regarding our rights. Don't you think?

7. Glas

Glas Well-Known Member

Yeah, it is plain stupid. They are not mutually exclusive by any means.

8. RolandGarros

RolandGarros Well-Known Member

brokeback euros

9. Broz

Broz Well-Known Member

is that supposed to be an insult?

10. -afi--

-afi-- Well-Known Member

A poor attempt at the most.

But I agree with Glas, media attention definetely would focus on whites over blacks. A perfect example is the Elizabeth Smart case. There was intense media coverage of her throughout her ordeal, while a few years before a little black girl had gone through nearly the exact same thing. The little black girl's case got about 0 airtime. Perhaps it's an oversimplification that doesn't take into account various other factors (other perhaps larger stories, lack of information, etc), but I would tend to agree with Glas on this.

11. SteveS

SteveS Well-Known Member

Trouble is these muslims are led by fanatics who never developed a sense of humour. Mark my words the next World War will be religion based..Muslims v The Rest.

12. airfax

airfax Well-Known Member

I never thought islam can be so intolerant as a religion. But I fail to understand why a nation should apologize from religion. Furthermore, who decides when religion overrules civil rights?

13. big-jo

big-jo Well-Known Member

civil rights? what is that? remember that bush sended prisioners there to be tortured, for example to egypt

14. airfax

airfax Well-Known Member

@biggie: I ment that Danmark is after all a democracy. And a good democracy if their PM says openly that govermet can not apologize on behalf of news paper or interfere with it's publishing. So the correct way for the insulted muslims would've been to make a lawsuit against the paper and proceed like it's ment in danish laws. All this fatwa shit is unacceptable behaviour.

Freedom of press is a necessity in a democracy, don't you think? (although the press uses that right wrong sometimes)

And I'm not getting into (alleged) human rights violations (that might've never happen) that (allegedly) US made.

15. Ziomek

Ziomek Well-Known Member

16. ronin

ronin Well-Known Member

holly shit, and they can display those slogans at the street, freely!?!?....

17. Glas

Glas Well-Known Member

The (over)reaction by muslims to it is another matter, and just as serious (given those pics posted by ziomek).

Its ignorant of us to think that this wouldnt have happened though. As I said, we knew the depth of feelings that muslims have towards islam, but we just decided to run roughshod over them.

18. big-jo

big-jo Well-Known Member

sorry airfie, i didn t express myself well, i only mean that fuck them, they complain about a caricatures of a newspaper of a democratic country meanwhile they don t do that with other things

19. big-jo

big-jo Well-Known Member

what curious
    [​IMG]

i dont know why this manifestation was allowed, it s apology of terrorism

20. airfax

airfax Well-Known Member

Yep. And if such "protesters" are to criticize, you end up being called a racist. I'd personally would give each and everyone of those "protesters" a one way ticket to Teheran.

If they don't feel comfortable, they should leave.