Camera to buy, please help

Discussion in 'Screenshots and Images' started by Ricedd_EEB, Jul 17, 2006.

1. Ricedd_EEB

Ricedd_EEB Well-Known Member

Hi guys

Some time ago I posted something similar to this... But more than one year passed by, so I´d like to ask for some tips again.

I wanna buy a digital SLR, but dont know which one. I saw two that i like:

Canon EOS 350D (EOS Digital Rebel XT (a.k.a. 350D) 8.0 Megapixel, SLR, Digital Camera (Black) Kit with Canon 18-55mm EF-S Lens) - US$785

and

Nikkon D50 (6.1 Megapixel, SLR, Digital Camera Kit with 18-55mm DX Zoom Nikkor Lens and 55-200 DX Zoom Nikkor Lens ) - US$750

Which you think is better?
    And what about the two being almost same price, but Nikkon coming with two lenses?
    Could you make some coment about it please? I really want your opinion about it... I love photography, but dont understand much about cameras...

Thanks in advance

:cheers:

2. airfax

airfax Well-Known Member

After reading few articles about those two, I'd might prefer Canon. Both have good and not so good qualities, but seems to be quite similar all together.

Ask around what Canon zooms costs around there (there's 60+ zooms for 350D).
    But if you're satisfied with two zooms (which might in normal use be more than enough :D ) try the Nikon.

IMO all 750+$$ cameras should be good :D (I've bought cheaper cars over the years ):p

3. tpak

tpak Well-Known Member

In case that you DO NOT own one or few lenses for one of those photo systems - it makes no sense which one to chouse.

4. ppedott_vibora

ppedott_vibora Well-Known Member

Canon, ever...