Cheat or game bug?

Discussion in 'Warbirds International' started by Vlamik, Dec 13, 2003.

1. Vlamik

Vlamik Well-Known Member

I was flying with my squad mate abblue from f18 to f30,intending to kill cons with few E taking off from that airfield.Ok.It was being a boring mission,coz no one took off, until I saw a Spit otr.Srwing was there and killled him fast.Suddenly a F4F,piloted by -yurf-,took off,and I tried to get a fast shot,but I missed.He was with few E and I explored that in my 109,quickly going to his 6.Iґve put about 12x20mm and some 7mm at d1 (or even less) and he burned almost instantly loosing his tail and other parts.What was not my surprise when he kept flying between the mountains at ~1k straight leveled? :confused: How can it be? :dunno: After that he landed safely..Iґm still trying to figure out "how"... Can it be cheat or game bug?If the 1st option is true he should be punished.If the 2nd one is true,plz fix it,coz itґs phisically ridiculous and impossible :nono: Iґm waiting for an explanation...:zzz:

Track here.

P.S.1: Sorry for the length of the track...is there a way to cut some parts making it shorter,like an edit command?

P.S.2: Plz type .extview to see more clearly.

Last edited: Dec 13, 2003
  2. -cbfs-

-cbfs- Well-Known Member

Where the flowers bloom like madness in the spri-i
    I think it has to do with shit connection... Has happened many times to me...

:cheers:

3. Kutya

Kutya Banned

It's one of gungun's standard maneuvers.

4. -ada--

-ada-- FH Beta Tester

Most likely he didn't receive packets with his damage from server. So its a connection issue.

5. Broz

Broz Well-Known Member

Maybe was a fuel fire. Sometimes, when i've gota fuel fire, people told me i was flying without wing, but it was due to that it's shown as already ripped off. Maybe he had time before fuel explosion to land, and that's why you saw him in flames, when actually, he wasn't still on fire. Maybe...

6. illo

illo FH Beta Tester

its bug. seen it happen many of times.

Once i fought burning f4f until it decided to land. He had only front fuselage left in my FE , but flew and shot like in perfect shape. ;)

7. spuint

spuint Well-Known Member

seen that couple of times, seems like unstable connection problem

8. lepper

lepper Well-Known Member

So good cheat and programming/reverse enginering experience will be to write some router based packet analysing software, which just drop those IP packets :)

9. -ada--

-ada-- FH Beta Tester

Yep, but it would be IMHO easy to recognize because server will send packets to other players telling that "cheater's plane" lost every part except cfus. So others will see burning cocpit which is flying around and shooting ;)

10. RolandGarros

RolandGarros Well-Known Member

probably not hard to write a cheat that works on your FE only or on packets generated by your FE.
    probably not hard to steal from your grandmother either.

11. Pufjer

Pufjer Well-Known Member

about ur question:
    P.S.1: Sorry for the length of the track...is there a way to cut some parts making it shorter,like an edit command?

iff u watch the track after u recorded it in WB u can also type .record XXX again from the moment it gets interesting and shorten the track this way

12. Vlamik

Vlamik Well-Known Member

Well,I donґt think it had something to do with connection problems coz my ping was really low that time...imho admins should add this to the "well known bugs list".And,perharps,fix it in the near future.

P.S.: Thx Pufjer! :)