Drink and Sibeerian Brigade

Discussion in 'Warbirds International' started by Harpoon, Sep 1, 2003.

1. Harpoon

Harpoon Well-Known Member

Someone has to do something about Drink. The guy is constantly getting asked to relog or told he warps like crazy and never does anything about it. Not once or twice but THREE times I've shot off his wing/tail section only to watch him run home and land as if nothing was wrong and it's also happened with other Sibeerian members.
    I can't belive the other day I got dragged through the mud for swearing and people like these guys can get away with flying with huge lag and cheating people out of kills, Maybe some admins should fly red once in a while and see exactly what is going on.
    Next time I see a Sibeerian chute I'm aiming.

2. Zembla JG13

Zembla JG13 FH Beta Tester

sjeesj u suggest all people with pings higher than 300 be banned or something? :rolleyes:

why would anyone do something about it? it is a free server, everyone has equal rights, why should he face measures?

can he help it his connection is shit? maybe you pay his broadband access then?

<Z>

3. -mart-

-mart- Well-Known Member

I see already yours

4. drink

drink Well-Known Member

:UU:<--Harpoon

5. Malino

Malino Well-Known Member

Hrpoon, I have huge warp problems tryng to kill you when you're flying that little I153.

Instead of complaining wonder at the technology that allows you to talk and play against people all over the world for only a few $ per month.

Malino

6. -exec-

-exec- FH Consultant

harpoon, recorded?
    drink, calm down, pls.

7. Harpoon

Harpoon Well-Known Member

Exec: No, Sorry the one time I thought I'd recorded it, it turned out to be someone else. Ironiclly enough another Sibeerian member. Don't worry if I happen to catch Drink on tape I'll send it.

Drink: By that post it appears you want to have sex with me, Sorry I don't swing that way. Try your squad page.

8. RedBull

RedBull Well-Known Member

I can only confirm hrpoon bad experince with Sibeerians. Me and other 312th pilots many times have been meeting their continuous dirty tricks (especialy defend warps).

They break FH gameplay and deserve only disestimation.

9. ozemale6t9

ozemale6t9 Well-Known Member

You warp, please relog.

This has to be the most idiotic request to make in a game where netlag is a problem. If a person is warping due to netlag, relogging is not going to help. The connection to the server is still going to be the same.

OK, they can try to connect to a different server, but I know there are people out there who only have one server they can connect to at present. I am one of them.

You would do better to send an email to every person on the net to log so our game can improve.

One thing to remember....If they warp to you, you warp to them, so they are having as much trouble as you.

regards, Oz

10. Malino

Malino Well-Known Member

Can I just point a few things out.

1. Hrpoon, you're in Australia right?

2. Drink, you're in Birusinsk, Irkutsk right?

3. I'm in Surrey, England.

4. Fla is in Rio de Janeiro, Brasil

5. Biles is in British Columbia (Wherever the hell that is :) )

Important facts about the above:

1. It's impossible to walk between these locations in a lifetime.

2 It's still bloody difficult and very expensive to phone each other.

3 I'd never even heard of Irkutsk before I though of replying to this thread and in my geography lessons that part of Russia is depicted as Steppes.

Requests:

Only one, I'd love for someone to add up the distance from Moscow to each of those locations just so I can go WOW! and how lucky I am that I get to play with people from all over the world.

I'm 33 and when I was a kid we had one TV, I was allowed to watch it for 2 hours a day and there was only 3 channels, BBC1, BBC2, ITV and my calculator I had for my exams was the size of my keyboard and cost about the same as my PC does now.

I hope this puts things in perspective.

Malin

11. -fla--

-fla-- Well-Known Member

This is indeed amazing, I always thought about it in this way. Just one thing, one could surelly walk by all this places in a few years with apropriated suport (such as money for shoes and food and a boat/plane to cross atlantic and reach australia). :D

12. biles

biles Well-Known Member

49deg 11min 35.97sec N, 122deg 51min 57.65min W
    I hate warps.
    But I don't think there is much I can do when a player is warping.
    Sometimes a guy I am tailing DOESN'T warp, then I am very happy and I get a 1000 dollar prize for killing him.
    Sometimes a guy I am tailing DOES warp and no one gets a prize.

Look at the bright side of this:
    At least online is the only place this sort of thing happens.
    Fuck, imagine looking in the rear view mirror of your automobile and seeing someone a kilometer behind you, you look to the front of your car and then the guy rear ends you at 1000 KPH and dies, you don't feel a thing, don't even know he killed himself, until a little message appears (where? On a street sign, okay?).

Or stand in a line at a bank, almost at the front of the line, it is friday, (PAYday!!!) and watch, in amazement as all the other people there suddennly re-arrange themselves, at lightning speed and now, you are at the end of the fuckin' line again....

See your newborn baby turn into a 2 meter tall adult RIGHT BEFORE YOUR EYES, POOF!

You and your wife are just sitting down to some nicely done pepperoni Pizza, you are just about to take your first bite when.....
    The fuckin thing dissappears.
    INSTANTLY!
    You ask your wife,
    "Hey, what the fuck happenned to the pizza?"
    And she burps and looks satisfied and says,
    "We ate it, you missed out... re-log!"

Last edited: Sep 13, 2003
  13. -fla--

-fla-- Well-Known Member

LMAO :D :D :D

This is priceless, I love you biles! :@prayer:

14. RedBull

Malino - this si not problem of connection in this case.
    Typical situation what me and our pilots have experience:
    you chase enemy, he fly and manuver normally - no warps, he still dont know about you. You open fire...
    Now when first bullets knocking on his plane - he WARP and again and again. In the moment when you disengage, warping stop. So its not question of connection, dont be naive...

15. spuint

spuint Well-Known Member

naive is thinking like this RedBull
    i know there are some ppl who cheats this way (or other way) but accusing smbdy of cheating is a rule on MA now...
    and why it is naive? because many ppl cheats themselfes: 'he couldnt beat me! this must be a cheat!'
    as i said: i know some ppl cheats, but maany accusations r just funny (cant tell anything about Drink in this case)

16. Malino

Malino Well-Known Member

Put a monitor on your bandwidth and look at it whilst playing.

As soon as you enter combat the amount of bandwidth increases, start shooting and it increases again.

It's either that or it's the famous "alt-s" trick, which in my whole time playing Warbirds I've sure I've only seen twice and neither of those pilots was from Siberian Brigade.

Mal

17. RedBull

i have 256/128 Kb cable line, so its not prob of increase bandwith here....

18. ledada

ledada Well-Known Member

hi redbull,

lags and warps have nothing to do with the possible bandwidth that one is connected, at least not in the case of small amount of data transferred by warbirds (in fact, for example some adsl-providers still only offer secure stream, which is 20-30% slower than dialup). so maybe malino hasn't got the appropriate word for what he wanted to say. lags and warps and packet-losses depend either on bad configured adapters or the routing in general (not regarding cheats). so a sudden increase of data to transfer may result in more losses, when routing is bad, imo.
    also the sum of lags (comparing 2 players) is to be regarded... and perhaps the servers capacity to further handle and transfer data.

19. biles

biles Well-Known Member

49deg 11min 35.97sec N, 122deg 51min 57.65min W
    Once, for fun, I downloaded a router simulator (was that what it was called?).
    In that program you could simulate hops, data, corrections connections, encoding, decoding, recording, reception
    and and
    other things I don't remember.
    I got some little windows with text in 'em to look at and some buttons in a widget thingie and a couple of them "radio" knobs widgets can have and a couple sliders and a couple other things I don't remember, allowing me to change things, to screw with the model.
    And at the end of what I was doing, I could take a look at some sort of an algorythm or something that was output to show me in numbers and funny symbols just exaclty what was going on, over time, a fuck you less
    um
    no
    calculus.

Right then, I don't speak calculus too well, but it was one NASTY looking algorythm thingie, let me say.

It was about THIS big and had more variables and functions and crap than I got ticks.

Ya know, to me, this looks a lot like what science fiction writers have to deal with in their own minds before they dare to utter the words, "Inter System Communications...."
    And funny, (who?)
    [you ]
    too that is exaclty what you're trying to do...
    here.
    It will NEVER get synched. The only way it COULD is if all the numbers in the fuck you less added together summed up a zero. And that ain't gonna be unless there is NO time and NO distance in this algorythm thingie fuck you less.

Jeez.
    What did I say?

Last edited: Sep 13, 2003