FHL 1.66 released

Discussion in 'Warbirds International' started by hardy, Mar 19, 2006.

1. RolandGarros

RolandGarros Well-Known Member

lol, guess who died from stalling last night, then came & edited her post
    "waaaaaaa, i died, not fair! change it!"

2. graatz

graatz Well-Known Member

You must have been talking of german rockets. American rockets DO take yaw into account, and russian rockets i dont launch much, so cannot really tell much. :)

3. pietas

pietas Well-Known Member

I have a surprise for you.
    Developers dont give a shit hat you would like to see.
    Next update you will get 3rd pe-2 with 75mm autocannon in nose and rear otto with 122mm is-2 turret.
    Welcome in real world baby.
    Easy, kills does not count while you are driving jeep. But if you quit jeep before yout victim gets ground - normal kill +1 (magnificient way to collect 300 or 500 fighter streak, without no risk, you will get all your medals only if you go otr fighter and just exit, remember)
    Welcome in russian lame world baby.
    Game Engine does not recognize runways. Field is simply flat square on the map. All field area reacting the same as runway. Its just a texture.

4. Broz

Broz Well-Known Member

You know the trick very well

5. saves

saves Well-Known Member

166 perfect for reds the "easy side"

6. Red Ant

Red Ant Well-Known Member

1 person likes this.
  7. Broz

Broz Well-Known Member

Don't blame the game if you suck.

Have you even tried reds?

8. pietas

pietas Well-Known Member

cc agree, easier to fly red side now, poor 109, poor zeke poor ki, fw190 only average, golds are pretty easy targets now, long time ago gold side was perfect to make some milestones, now its only history, red side rulez
    developers are printing new history with 1.66 :fly2:

9. Red Ant

Red Ant Well-Known Member

I think most of gold's problems stem not so much from gold planes being crap but more from Spits and maybe certain Russian planes being overmodeled. Beaufighter also suspiciously good if you consider that it was pretty much dead meat when it encountered a half-capable fighter in real life. **
    Corsair also retains E far too well even when turning on the edge of a blackout IMO ... you guys should have fixed THAT instead of lowering its pitch responsiveness at high speed IMO.

** Not so on Warbirds FH, of course! After hearing much of the alleged uberness of the Beau and not thinking much of it, I finally ran into a gold Beau in my P-38. Not having any first hand experience with the Beau in FH but knowing that the plane SUCKED as a fighter, I swung onto the tail of the Beau and intended to blatantly OUT TURN it. Not smart you might say, but IMO it should have worked .... but not surprisingly, as our airspeed decreased more and more, it quickly became apparent that the Beau had nowhere near as much trouble maintaining a high turn rate as my P-38 did and before long the Beau got on my tail ... this despite my using combat flaps and tickling every motherf***ing last deg / sec of turn rate out of my P-38. :rolleyes:

10. reuben

reuben Well-Known Member

I have to disagree here, pietas.

I once set a JU52 down on a flat piece of land up west from F16 on oldmed map, hoping to roll over cliffedge at takeoff when field was closed.

The Lotte did not get enough speed rolling over the "flat texture" and went over the cliffside too slow resulting in a huniliating loss of right wing.
    Same is true if you set down too far from field and try to roll in to avoid ditch. you can not get enough speed to lift the tail , you have to either taxi at 10km/h or leave plane and then get a ditch counted

<edit>
    But now as I re-read what you wrote, I have to agree anyway :rolleyes:

...since you say "Fieldarea"...

My mistake, terribly sorry. ;)
    </edit>

Last edited: Mar 27, 2006
  11. -al---

-al--- Well-Known Member

I think he meant that the whole airfield is as rollable as the runways, which also isn't true for all fields

12. Broz

Broz Well-Known Member

cc, rolling through the grass isn-t like rolling on runway

13. pietas

pietas Well-Known Member

This happened because of map bugs. Some texels are placed bad at some airfields. Friction is the same, it is only upstairs-effect.
    I think the best way to check friction it is to use hvy buff.
    Imho should be no difference to keep runway or not.
    Just watch aa guns & structure to avoid crash ;)
    And keep space for proper takeoff, there is nothing longer than runways at field.

14. Lesiu

Lesiu Well-Known Member

I engaged beau with ki43. Scored severeal hits on enemy (like 40x12mm), and hell, it was turning like new. Very resiliant to damage. So I remined on beau tail, scored some more hits... Everything was fine to the point where second beau appeared out of nowhere. *PUFF*, here I'm. Really. Invisible plane. Of course I was forced to take defensive action, run to friendly field. Split-S. Still on my six. Scissors. Ah damn! 4xhispano ping! I'm dead meat.

P38 should be better plane than beaufighter. It is not. That's why p38 is not often spotted.

15. fatale

fatale Well-Known Member

Beau turns like new after 20x20 ;) Turns like single seat- one engine- fighter, and kill u from d8-d9...ask Badmad or Kaputt :rolleyes:

16. pietas

pietas Well-Known Member

Just like I said, develpers are printing new history, or classic history, straight from russian books 1945-1989 ;)
    P38 undermodelled, beau overmodelled... and they dont care international forum , its completely forgotten, damn black hole in developers mind :D
    They care new pe2 & hook in 109T, but this is what i know with 1.66 release :)
    Russians are like a women, nobody can understand them ;)

17. PressLuftHammer

PressLuftHammer FH Beta Tester

Pietass Grass-master :super: :D
    If u have other datasheets post to Engineering Retrospective

18. -frog-

-frog- Well-Known Member

Pietas is not the grass master...
    Perhaps one of the beloved devs has lost some lubricant... haven't you? ;)

19. PressLuftHammer

PressLuftHammer FH Beta Tester

FH plans have many bugs in FM, but pietass see only overmodeled BEAU but dont see overmodeled Bf.110., see overmodeled La5FN and dont see overmodeled Fw.190A-8 etc. ;)
    IMHO now we have overmodeled 109F and 109G-2 and undermodeled SpitVb
    Mb it Germany conspirace ?:)

20. Broz

Broz Well-Known Member

The question is: who stole the lubricant and what does he/she want it for? :)