FM data and Question

Discussion in 'Warbirds International' started by fn_crow, Jan 9, 2001.

1. fn_crow

fn_crow Well-Known Member

alright, first off it was said in another thread that the data i showed was "bad" the first Q is who determains if data is bad? Did those that said it was bad fly all the planes in real life to get data? How do we know that the sources you use are not the ones that are "bad"

also another note. As of now the only data i got is the one i linked to before and as i go through it i find that on both red and gold alot of planes are lowered in stats(just so you guys dont thing im only doing this to get gold planes better). But i was looking at the La-5 and with my data it lookes like you guys got it about 40mph slower then what it was, same goes for the 190D. your yak-3 data did however match with what i have.

By the end of the week i shall try to have Janes:World War Two Aircraft as Janes is considered to be the best data company in the world

2. -exec-

-exec- FH Consultant

You mean me, talking about rejecting your data? [​IMG]

This is my personal opinion, based on some mismatches with other sources I know.

However, I'm interested in reading your digest from Jane's Co.

[This message has been edited by -exec- (edited 10 January 2001).]

3. -exec-

-exec- FH Consultant

As for bringing WB characteristics to RL, RGreat need the data for all WB airplanes. It's because this tuning must be done simultaneously for all airplanes.

[This message has been edited by -exec- (edited 10 January 2001).]

4. Storm

Storm Well-Known Member

Yak3 is not "ours" it was modeled by Ien. And it was modeled wrong, like most other planes. Speed and climb are not the only characteristics of a plane.

5. Boroda

Boroda FH Community Officer

Storm, please don't touch sacred flight models made by Pyro! Yak-3 is absolutely OK, check the Yak-3 pilot's manual at Andrey Platonov's site. But it's all-metal, it must be a post-war production, that's why it dives so good.

------------------
    --
    With respect,
    Pavel Pavlov,
    wb:boroda
    Commissar 25th IAP VVS

6. fn_crow

fn_crow Well-Known Member

well as soon as my truck gets back from the repair shot im off to the local lib. to get some books.

i looked at online stores no one has Janes Book, but i did find 3 other books i might think about getting, Aircraft of WW2, Warplanes of the LW, Aircraft of WW2(not the same book as the first)

7. Storm

Storm Well-Known Member

Ok, ok [​IMG] I'm not touching anything [​IMG] It's just that I've been flying Yaks since my first flight in WB. Thus I saw some things that I thought are bugs. If you pull stick hard while performing a split-s yak becomes unstable. Yhis differs from evrything I've read. And a couple other things that are questions for me.
    Ok I've stopped [​IMG] I'm going away [​IMG]