How to win wars (easy way)

Discussion in 'Warbirds International' started by Platy, May 12, 2001.

1. Platy

Platy Well-Known Member

Just a little piece of my logs...

Sбbado, 12 de Maio de 2001 18:54:44 === Logging started ===
    18:55:19 -HOST-(Green): Planes: 18 (F) vs 26 (E) -> 1.444 times mult.
    18:55:19 -HOST-(Green): Pilots: 9 (F) vs 29 (E) -> 3.222 times mult.
    18:55:19 -HOST-(Green): A6M5b multiplier: 20.000
    18:55:26 seahwk(Gold): 666666
    18:55:29 -HOST-(Common): scooby <<--Enter the room
    18:55:29 scooby(Common): Hi all
    18:55:37 platy-(Common): lol 9 vs 29??

19:00:52 -HOST-(Green): Planes: 18 (F) vs 26 (E) -> 1.444 times mult.
    19:00:52 -HOST-(Green): Pilots: 9 (F) vs 29 (E) -> 3.222 times mult.

19:10:14 platy-(Common): ivan cant u do something to balance the teams??
    19:10:18 -HOST-(2): Reds:27 Greens:0 Golds:13 Purps:0
    19:10:20 mcgru-(Common): ya s vami bol'6e igrat' ne budu [​IMG]
    19:10:22 adler-(Common): an E-3, good idea ;-DDD
    19:10:23 mcgru-(Common): odin
    19:10:27 platy-(Common): 27 vs 13.. its a joke
    19:10:27 -ivan-(201): negative, platy [​IMG]
    19:10:31 nicaee(Common): lol
    19:10:47 platy-(Common): and its been like that mmost of the times..
    19:10:49 -ivan-(201): I can do nothing with a game balance right now

19:15:00 -HOST-(2): Reds:29 Greens:0 Golds:14 Purps:0

19:19:45 -HOST-(Green): Planes: 18 (F) vs 26 (E) -> 1.444 times mult.
    19:19:45 -HOST-(Green): Pilots: 14 (F) vs 33 (E) -> 2.357 times mult.

19:18:30 rdevil(Common): ivan commandos available for li?
    19:19:00 platy-(Common): god no... u havo more pilots and u want commandos too??
    19:20:27 rdevil(Common): hey ive been overwhelmed by golds many times also
    19:20:53 platy-(Common): how curios.. in this map i have rarely seen more golds then red
    19:21:33 rdevil(Common): depends on when you play

Note: its true golds sometimes have more pilots then reds.. but in this case i change to red.

19:22:49 -HOST-(Green): Pilots: 14 (F) vs 31 (E) -> 2.214 times mult.

19:23:57 -HOST-(2): Reds:30 Greens:0 Golds:13 Purps:0

19:29:08 -HOST-(2): Reds:32 Greens:0 Golds:12 Purps:0

19:31:02 seahwk(Gold): golds, man u sux

Note: with this odds we suck? no comments...
    btw seahawk i have the entire log and noone answerd or replied this unecessary msg

19:32:31 -HOST-(Green): Planes: 18 (F) vs 26 (E) -> 1.444 times mult.
    19:32:31 -HOST-(Green): Pilots: 11 (F) vs 37 (E) -> 3.364 times mult.
    19:32:31 -HOST-(Green): Bf110G-2 multiplier: 20.000

19:34:35 platy-(Common): lol 36 reds. 11 golds.. arent u guys good

19:38:35 platy-(Common): bb reds.. u are the most coward bunch of guys i have ever seen
    19:38:39 -HOST-(2): Reds:35 Greens:0 Golds:14 Purps:0
    19:38:39 -HOST-(Host): Sending file
    19:38:40 -HOST-(Common): korpus <<--Enter the room
    19:38:48 -HOST-(Common): nicaee <<--Enter the room
    19:38:49 -HOST-(Host): Sending file
    19:38:55 -HOST-(Host): guitar was killed by Ack Weenies!
    19:38:56 rdevil(Common): :_(
    Sбbado, 12 de Maio de 2001 19:38:57 === Logging stopped ===

Note: at this time i lost my temper, called them cowards and exited the game..

Whats the use of this post?? It's kind of simple do something that prevents this from going on.. it takes fun from the game.

Sorry for the long post

------------------
    platy-
    Sturmtruppen

2. mcosta

mcosta Guest

Platy is full of reason here, no matter what arguments the Reds make up for this...

3 to 1 odds is a very good way to win any virtual war in WB...

ivan, can you please add some sort of balance mechanism to the server? "Once upon a time" that mechanism was not needed, but from the last month until now, every time I get in I get myself into a lost cause ( except for one or two times, in wich golds were in numerical advantage.... )

As I still remember, the Ju52 has 1 commando and 8 paras.... the Li2 has 14 troopers and _no_ commandos....
    Rgreat, are you going to say that it's also going to have commandos? If yes, I suppose the axis should use it as well, unless we get another transport plane...
    My experience in field capture duty says that the Li2 has MUCH MORE possibility of delivering the paras to the tower than the Ju has...
    Yesterday Sturmtruppen made an attack to F27... I was on the Ju52 and dropped my 8 paras. 3/8 got in... if I was dropping from a Li2, I suppose the rest would have got into it, since the con who got the other 5 paras was shot down by our fighter cover ( rcosta, if I recall [​IMG] )

Personally. I don't have any problem to have to fly in inferior plane, because that's what I usually do here ( Ki43 in 1944 anyone? [​IMG] - even if latelly I've been abandoning that option....
    What I cannot accept is that people ( reds, in this case ) are always complaining that they have inferior planes now, since they always have been very well served. Excuse me pals, but that is a lame attitude, that I cannot accept.

I'm right now preparing a table with the aircraft available in WB... let's see in the end who's best equiped...
    The results of my "little research" - with FH data ( i hope [​IMG] ) - will enlighten us all.

mcosta
    Sturmtruppen

PS : aike.... pppllleeeaase give us the ki43 until the end [​IMG] lot's of reds still have to be taught how to deal with such an obsolete plane [​IMG]

PPS : Don't forget "It's the man, not the machine"

3. frecci

frecci Member

BTW Platy. explain us why you called your enemies " ... the most coward bunch of guys i have ever seen".
    What's their fault ? Maybe to be in arena in a greater number ?

------------------
    Gladio - CO Regia Aeronautica

[This message has been edited by frecci (edited 13 May 2001).]

4. miked1469

miked1469 New Member

aka rdevil
    being out numbered sucks but speaking for myself i always fly red no matter what the odds. i guess im just patriotic that way [​IMG].

5. Platy

Platy Well-Known Member

frecci has i have said i lost my temper. I was very annoyed at the time and i'm sorry i said it (btw what i want is for the teams to get balanced, ie no more reds overwhelming golds or vice versa)

BTW i have a very interesting log about a bug exploit/Cheat that some reds took advantage. I'll post it tomorrow cuz now i have to go to sleep.

------------------
    platy-
    Sturmtruppen

6. Snoopy

Snoopy Well-Known Member

One possible solution does present itself. I know that 228th Shad and Regia Airinautica, (forgive me if I have butchered the spellings) change sides each ToD. Unfortunately, they always fight on the same side. If one of them would not switch for one ToD, then they would alternate against each other that would help balance the power again.
    But I have noticed that whichever side they are currently fighting on, is one with the most players, the overwhelming majority of the time.

So lets get one of the two squads to agree to not switch for one ToD and then things should be fairly balanced again.

Some stats.
    Currently 228th shows 23 members and
    RA shows 19 members.

7. --ph--

--ph-- FH Webmaster

You forgot these squads: [​IMG]

1st Czech Lions - 27 pilots
    =Flying BARANS= - 26 pilots
    55th IAP VVS - 21 pilots
    Axis Foreign Volunteers Squad - 17 pilots
    EUROFALCONS - 15 pilots
    72AG - 14 pilots

------------------
    phantom aka --ph--
    228 ShAD VVS RKKA

[This message has been edited by --ph-- (edited 13 May 2001).]

8. seahawk

seahawk Well-Known Member

You want to know why golds sux??? do you realyu want to!?
    OK!

I have told golds 5000 times about field attacks!!! noone replied!! we lost 5 fields in 20min!!! and when i ALWAYSE call and call and SCREAM "ATTACK ON F4 HELP!!!!" no one replies and keaps flying!!
    if you would LISTEN more you would have MORE pilots!!
    not just me said it!
    I'm and ..hm....some other guy have colsed a field......10min im asking a ju.......again.......noone replies!!
    most of golds want Dogfights and stuff......but noone!! (excet the guys from SiBeerians....) NEVER go to defend a field!!!

THATS why in MY opinion you suck...and thats why I fly red most of time.

PC : 70% of golds wont go to attack fields when powers are almost even... (30:20) ....

IMHO,
    Seahawk

9. seahawk

btw, squads does nothing to do with that...

But the WILL of players to play/fight/defends/will to achive good resolts.....wich golds defently have not.

finally .......190g8, almost the best A2G attack plane.....and none use it...
    AFVS , when online with enought people can take some job, but usually i find them with 3-4 people at same time mostly. [​IMG]

10. Wojtus

Wojtus Well-Known Member

Reds sux the same way. It's almost impossible to do organised fighting among them.

Looks like we all think the second side has better planes and pilots willing to cooperate easily. But I think it's the same sheet [​IMG] in golds and reds. [​IMG]

11. -fla--

-fla-- Well-Known Member

"You forgot these squads:
    1st Czech Lions - 27 pilots
    =Flying BARANS= - 26 pilots
    55th IAP VVS - 21 pilots
    Axis Foreign Volunteers Squad - 17 pilots
    EUROFALCONS - 15 pilots
    72AG - 14 pilots"

I don't know about the others, but AFVS fly ALWAYS for golds. But due to being a international squad (many diferent local times) it's not common to us to have 4+ pilots at once.
    Eurofalcons switch sides every ToD too. Maybe we could do some kind of organization to balance things.

"(excet the guys from SiBeerians....) NEVER go to defend a field!!!"

Sry to say, but AFVS do it too, and a lot (when we are not attacking fields). So as many pilots. But when we have 1 pilot for every 3 reds it's kind of dificult to defend every attacked field.

"finally .......190g8, almost the best A2G attack plane.....and none use it..."

Yep, it's damn good. I'm using it a lot already.

"Reds sux the same way. It's almost impossible to do organised fighting among them.
    Looks like we all think the second side has better planes and pilots willing to cooperate easily. But I think it's the same sheet in golds and reds. "

Probably right, lol [​IMG]

[​IMG]

12. mcosta

mcosta Guest

Ah... the G8... That's now entirelly true...
    ME and rcosta used it to sink a CV, because it could carry the 1000kg bomb...
    Some minutes later, a huge attack on F1 began, in wich I used a fw190G8... with no success...
    After that, I got myself into a 190D9, armed with 1x500, 2x250 and started to pound the field for real.. when bombs were used... "let's strafe" [​IMG]
    I made 3 sorties into it, droped 9 bombs total ( I did miss some [​IMG] ) , strafed anything I could, made some snapshonts into low flying reds and then returned always to the base...
    IMNSHO, the Fw190G8 maybe the ground attack aircraft, but the D9 is way better for field captures...

mcosta
    Sturmtruppen

PS : Did we get F1? [​IMG]

13. Zembla JG13

Zembla JG13 FH Beta Tester

This sides thing: why they are coward? because the most pilots go on the side with the BEST planes and the MOST planes... and they rarly change sides... it's very frustrating (BTW: I've never seen a 3 golds to 1 red ratio)

Seahawk: I find the defence of a field more fun than the long range legs to CAP an enemy field, I most of the time listen to the reports of fields under attack unless I'm fulfilling a more important duty (more important, I define what's more important to me, not you) when there are about 30 reds and no more than 10 golds, it's not so surprising that noone listens, they're all busy trying to stop the reds...
    IMHO it happened just too much that all reds were pushing gold back to F16... it happened twice in a row, it's just unbelievably frustrating...

The Fw190G-8 my new AG favorite, hell: my bombs even hit objects with this plane
    The only decent contender for the Vought F4U-4/1D P51D P47D F6F5 etc.....

greetz, Zembla

14. seahawk

Fla - I did mentiond AVFS.....look again :)

15. -fla--

-fla-- Well-Known Member

"Fla - I did mentiond AVFS.....look again [​IMG]"

you did, sry [​IMG]

[​IMG]

16. -nicae-

-nicae- Well-Known Member

imho both sides are kinda the same in responding to calls.
    but most of the time when i make a help call, 1 or 2 appear

most of the unbalance is because regia and shad are on the same side: red
    that makes some 10 pilots in difference.
    next ToD golds will be in advantage.

what would be the solution? hmmm..! snoopy's idea is prolly the best

imho 190g8 is great. i used it to capture 3 straight fields in some 20 mins with my fellow members of LOL (i was with my other nickname). and since we were only 3 pilots, you can assume it did its job

and yes, 3:1 is
    frustrating!! i just have no options for good fights!

about AFVS: yeah. bummer that we cant be in big numbers. but we lack in experience (maybe luck? [​IMG] ) when capturing fields. with 3 pilots LOL did what i mentioned above. (always in disadvatage in roster)

phew.. i took kinda long to write this.. i must have forgotten to add sumptin! [​IMG]
    cya! nicae

17. Snoopy

Snoopy Well-Known Member

Nicea is right Next ToD Gold will be even or have slight advantage because SHAD and RA. will have switched to Gold.

I sometimes sit in the tower and just watch what is happening on the radar. Reporting cons and apparent attacks. nobody seems to care. And I can't blame them when SHAD is on the move. They come over the map like a swarm of locusts.

As for the 190 G8. I would fly it more if it were scored as a bomber. But for fighter attack it is a bad plane and if you die in it. Your fighter streak dies also. Not that I am big on streaks, but it is in the bomber list, and getting killed in it destroyed an awesome fighter streak I had. So if I am on a roll, I stay far away from this plane.

Hey admins, can you fix this BUG please. And tell us when you have fixed it.

Thanks.

18. -exec-

-exec- FH Consultant

0.sorry for messing up without reading this topic [​IMG]
    1.whatever strategical ratio is, shad tries to get tactical overwhelming. why you cannot?
    2.i saw golds outnumbered and pressed reds many times.
    3.when you call for assistance, think about you in shoes of these guys. will you disengage and return to base to pick-up transport when it needed somewhere?
    4.shad plays three tods for reds and one for gold.

19. --ph--

--ph-- FH Webmaster

That's not official data. The ratio isn't stable.

20. seahawk

Most times, I will even crash or just bail to do so if its very important and noone responce.
    but I said "most"......because in most times I cant find cons or im just not fighting......and then just crash for fun on some field.....[​IMG]

Sea.