Idea about radar

Discussion in 'Warbirds International' started by fn_crow, Jun 21, 2001.

1. fn_crow

fn_crow Well-Known Member

Would it be pos and do any of you here think it would be fun/cool to maybe limit radar to only certain fields? Like only large fields get radar? Im certain not every base in the war had its own radar and as it is now you can not go anywhere on the map without being picked up on radar. Also if there was no radar at all the fields people would have to organize CAPs around the fields to make sure no one is near the area or something like that? I think that would be kinda cool if you took off a base and patrolled around looking for cons.

2. Snoopy

Snoopy Well-Known Member

I think it would suck.

And you say it is impossible to go anywhere on map without being seen. This just isn't true. Stay below 100 M and you will not be seen. Stay beyond enemy radar and you will not be seen. In the current map Red owns the north you can fly a great deal up there without ever being seen on the Gold RADAR.

There are often times when so few players are on line that cap of each field without radar would be impossible. No I am sorry I think this is a bad idea.

I vote NO.

[This message has been edited by Snoopy (edited 21 June 2001).]

3. mcosta

mcosta Guest

All or nothing ( as usual [​IMG] )
    Unfortunatelly radar is very badly implemented in WB, since it should be LOS ( line of sight ) and not altitude driven...

And yes, you can go from F28 to F4 in this scenario without ever appearing in the radar. Just fly low and take cover on the terrain depressions. If you carry ordnance with you, the enemies will be surprised for sure, since that don't expect such a deep strike [​IMG]

mcosta
    Sturmtruppen

PS : talking about deep strikes... when will it be usefull to drop ordnance on refineries and factories? [​IMG]

4. -nicae-

-nicae- Well-Known Member

imho radars should have only 1 sector of range. 1.5 sectors is too much.
    especially when it isnt the new MED terrain.

lots of times i wish that it would be of a use to do so.. only point isnt fun. oh yeah, and sometimes they belong to golds, sometimes to red.. cant ever tell when. and it doesnt change.. or does it?

5. mcosta

mcosta Guest

If I recall right, the 30NM radar radius is as old as warbirds...

mcosta
    Sturmtruppen

6. -nicae-

so you cant say 20NM is bad, since no one ever tried it.. [​IMG]

7. mcosta

mcosta Guest

on the contrary, it would be a very cool "experiment"... since we could make deeper high altitude strikes on th emed terrain without being detected...

mcosta
    Sturmtruppen

8. -nicae-

so there it is, another idea for FH

if at least we would get some feedback from FH.. they're just to lazy to give their opinion..! [​IMG]

9. fn_crow

fn_crow Well-Known Member

"on the contrary, it would be a very cool "experiment"... since we could make deeper high altitude strikes on th emed terrain without being detected...

mcosta
    Sturmtruppen"

thats what im saying. As it is now it is impos to go anywhere unless you fly low. In the real war radar was not always around and even when it was it didnt cover all of europe. This would make it so people have to actualy patrol the skies to make sure no attacked are imbound. Also would it be posabile to make it so radar does not show color? That way when you see blimps on the radar you either have to send out a radio message asking team members if anyone is in that area and if no one replies you then got to go up to check it out and make sure its not cons.