Ideas for side balancing

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by mumbls, Apr 5, 2007.

1. mumbls

mumbls Member

I decided to post this here so none of you get banned for flaming (It's admin judgment if you flame and I hear that they are insane). Everytime I login, it seems to me that there are way more players on one country than another. I also know that some squads like to alternate countries each ToD. Why don't the squads get together and make a schedule, a kind of gentleman's agreement, to even up the rotation? For example, Squad A is red this ToD, and Squad B is gold. Next ToD they switch sides (A is gold, B is red). I don't want this to be a mandatory thing by any means, but I would like to see a few squadrons to set an example for the rest of FH to follow.

The only problem I have with this solution is that I am not sure how many squadrons actually do switch sides every ToD. I know that the Black Sheep are a red squadron, and would never dream of flying as a gold squad, so we probably wouldn't be a part of the rotation schedule.

Another problem is what to do about all those who are not members of a squad that seem to switch to the side that has the most numbers. If you do this, not only are you lame, but if you're going for points, you hurt your multiplier by joining the side that has many more players than the other.

Oh, and the 30mm gun that golds have... if anyone has the free time, find the number of how many of them get killed versus how many of them actually get kills. You might be surprised. Remember kids, you still have to get the BFG to point at the target for it to do damage, and if a red pilot has any sort of skill, this will be hard (Unless you fly a 110 and be a spraytard from d20... I fucking hate you guys.:dark: Still, few of you ever really land hits and you waste a lot of ammo doing that).

I realize that in a war you can never really have a fair fight, but what I'm hoping to accomplish with this is to try and make the game a bit more even so maybe we can bring in more players and have FH grow. It seems to me that we are losing more and more players, and I think it's partly due to the large changes in momentum brought about by the player country imbalances.
    It's very frustrating to take over half the map, and hours later come back to find that the other country reset the map twice while you were away.

2. Smoker

Smoker Well-Known Member

Че хотел? какой балансинг... Пшел отседа в ДЖЕНАРАЛ!