-illo- discovered Combat Mission ;)

Discussion in 'Warbirds International' started by -rust-, Dec 28, 2000.

1. -rust-

-rust- Well-Known Member

2. illo

illo FH Beta Tester

yup its a great game.... just looking forward to CM2 so i can challenge you in russo finnish war[​IMG]

if you or anyone want TCP/IP game, just kick me. ICQ 689613365

Rust, have improved your CM with mods...its must!! My toned down terrain and Tiger's wonderful mods make it look allmost too real[​IMG]

3. -nicae-

-nicae- Well-Known Member

i checked out the site and man.. im drooling for it! but i hate demos! especially 31MB ones!!! did you guys buy it? was it worth it? what does the demo allow you to do?

4. -rust-

-rust- Well-Known Member

I've purchases this game directly from battfront site. This game realy worth it. For a first month or too, I just enjoyed playing via AI. After it, I tryed a Play-By-EMail vs another persons. And finaly, they released beta patch with allow to play via TCP/IP. Its simply rocks.
    Some peoples are just enjoying creating their own battles, operations, or mods.

Demo version allow you to play two mission vs computer, vs another person (on the same computer, hotseat mode) or with another person using demo via E-Mail. You will not be able to create your own battle or play TCP/IP with demo.

5. -nicae-

-nicae- Well-Known Member

thx for the info!
    at least it looks VERY cool!!!!

i downloaded the demo for tacops, off the same site and was wondering if the way those turns work are similar, where each issue orders and later they all happen at the same time.

6. -rust-

-rust- Well-Known Member

Combat Mission is a _very_ different game, its differs from all "Old-style" wargames a lot.
    The main difference is true 3D battle environment. All battle take place in 3D space, with full terrain consideration and its influence on spotting, ballistic, e.t.c.
    A player (or two players) are issuing orders, pressing "go" button, computer calculates the result - and after that you are watching 60 seconds movie, the result of your orders and your opponent orders. You can FF, Rewind, Replay this 60 seconds movie, look from evety point, change camera location/magnitution, e.t.c.
    After this, the cicle repeats

7. Tabano

Tabano Active Member

Hi!
    I 've purchased CM some a week ago, after two months of testing the demo. I think it's a very realistic game, I just love those penetration features. If anyone wants to do a PBEM now with the demo contact me at tabano109@wanadoo.es
    Same with TCP/IP when my full game copy arrives.
    Cya!

------------------