I'm alive - THIS IS NO JOKE

Discussion in 'Off Topic International' started by Mcloud, Jan 7, 2014.

1. Mcloud

Mcloud Well-Known Member

Yes folks I am alive, thanks for asking. I just got power back and telephone on sunday, yesterday.
    On dec 21 we had an ice storm. I heard lightning when I was lying in bed. Big "crack" sounds. I go out and I see branches breaking. big branches like a foot thick. cars destroyed, houses destroyed.
    Police are everywhere, live power lines in the street.

I lost power dec 21. no telephone. no cables, all destroyed.
    my neighbors have no power. nothing. everything is dark.
    at night it goes down to -15 degres Celsius. my pipes start to freeze. I have to put windshield washer fluid antifreeze in the toilets, I try to keep the water running.
    I have candles burning in the house and the fireplace is on 24 hours.
    I have to take everything out of the refrigerator so milk and orange juice don't explode in the jars.

It is beyond belief.

You go for a walk and for days all you can hear are big cracks and someone just got hit by a piece of wood. every tree can kill you. IT'S THAT BAD.

There are wolves and coyotes coming out of the forest and up from the river cuz they know something is Wrong. ONE OF THEM WAS WAITING FOR ME OUTSIDE MY DOOR. I HAVE A PIC TO PROVE IT.

there is ice in the toilet and I am heating up towels in a big pot of water and then throwing the towels on the pipes so they don't freeze.

At night there are people walking around but they seem to be scared of not knowing who is armed.

I go over to the mason hall because I thought that if I didn't increase my body temperature by getting some chicken noodle soup I would die. Somebody said something about a soup kitchen with masons serving up chicken noodle soup, that's all I know. I get in there and lets just say there was no chicken noodle soup, so I walked 3 hours home.

my neighbor is trying to get open a can of beef barley soup. its frozen. so I let this guy come over. he has to keep the fire goin while I chop wood. its a deal we have.

Last Tuesday I got sick and was puking up and was in bed wearing a parka for 4 days.

I have pics of coyote outside my door, trees destroyed power lines cut, streets destroyed, 80 foot trees bent over touching the ground. but I cant post them because they are too big!!
    If you want pics you have to allow for bigger attachments. someone tell exec
    to change the parameters to allow for bigger pics and a bigger limit

These pics are average pics, not shocking. this is what you see on every street. I have pics of my own, I took at night of forests destroyed. a tree I cut that almost killed me.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG] <- my street is worse than this.

Last edited: Jan 7, 2014
  2. Red Ant

Red Ant Well-Known Member

Holy fuck. :eek: Meanwhile over here in Germany, we've been having a "winter" that barely deserves the name so far ... temperatures around 10°C (or 50°F for those of you stuck with that backward pound / mile / Fahrenheit system :p).

3. Uncles

Uncles Well-Known Member

You have a good fireplace or wood stoves? Such a weird year for cold in North America. And you don't live near Alberta or some other far-out place, right?

So many North American cities are MUCH colder than Moscow this year. Not as crazy cold as Astana or Tomsk, but freaking COLD!

This morning it was 9 F/-12 C where I live. Extreme for USA. In Brasil, though, it's summer, and most places were > 26C. Spent christmas in California and it was almost as warm as Brasil, but no humidity ;)

4. mcgru-

mcgru- Well-Known Member

tree branches in ice - i've never seen this before. :eek:
    here in Tomsk we have an usual -15..-20C now but without cracking trees....
    -33C a week ago but that was OK with warm clothes

5. Flk

Flk Well-Known Member

Да ладно???

6. hezey

hezey Well-Known Member

[​IMG]
    WOW.
    Well, Mac, youi wrote that it is hard to ghrab a wide view so you can demonstrate visually how things are at your home.....
    Uh, the one I reposted here seems to do a dandy job of showing things as not good times.

Some guy, above, wrote that there is NO shards of spear-ice glued to tree branches, like at Mac's home... Well, Mac lives next door to a chain of big _inland seas,_ called Great Lakes, and to the east a VERY VERY VERY BIG ocean, the Atlantic.
    So, near where Mac lives is wind that contains a LOT of water. The water freeses and turns to ice and glues to trees.
    Many in North Amrica do not get subjected to The Cold North Atlantic Ocean....
    My friend from [I don't remember, it is in Manitoba]
    I do not even know what the fuck -30c is.... I mean, do I have to walk backwards while taking a piss?
    I posted a Gif of weather report that includes NOT JUST 'central Canada' [known as The Centre Of The Universe, to most Canadians], but that also shoes temperatures from The Rest Of Us.
    [​IMG]

Note, my friend lives very near to where the -32c temperature is posted.
    I live where it says 6
    [Where I am, it was, at the time I posted that gif, uh, 8c.
    I had just come in from a walk to The Store, I had a Jean Jacket and track pants, oh, and a Mack Shirt. I was a dry day, so no need for Large Black Garbage Bags over my cotton and flannel [hey, some people aren't stupid and use a Bl;ack Garbage Bag when they have to if not wishing to die of exposure..... and if there is a Canadian Tire [tm] Store near* [there always is].....

*(Best fucking Heavy Duty Garbage Bags ANYWHERE. There is a special Deal right now, at my Canadian Tire Store, They are being GIVEN AWAY to anyone displaying Black Fingers and Ears and noses.
    Those Black Canadian Tire[tm] Garbage Bags make adequate Emergency Shelters for the thousands of People IN BC, who know well, how Friendly BC is [it isn't].

Last edited: Jan 8, 2014
  7. mcgru-

mcgru- Well-Known Member

:D :D :D
    :super:

at -50C spitting amount does not freeze to the ice-ball while it falls to the floor.
    but if you'll spit from Piza's tower, i imaging, it will ring back from the ground... :D

блин буду, вот именно так - не видел.

8. Mcloud

Mcloud Well-Known Member

okay eye candy.
    that log I cut almost killed me, weighs about 700 pounds.
    coyote staring at me at 900 am 2 feet from my back door. he wants in, I went to get the camera, he walked off.

The other day a pine marten got into my bedroom and attacked my face while I was asleep, I am okay just can't sleep that great.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jan 9, 2014
  9. hezey

hezey Well-Known Member

Mac, you are not too young to have a heart attack
    Meaning:
    Be careful dragging branches, better to hire a professional - who is about 20 yrs old, muscular and knows how to use tools.
    Back in the day, we were called Tree service, or Gardeners, Tree Surgeons, Arborists, Landscapers..... Uh, Too many people think they can do a thing that they don't know how to do, when to do it or when to hire someone..... Some of em end up dead, like two of my customers, who, a year after paying me, got killed in their own yards.
    One fell of an eves [why was he up there?]
    One died when he touched a pruning pole to a high tension wire that was connected to his house [what was he thinkin? [probably cheap, he was thinkin cheap]

Last edited: Jan 9, 2014
  10. FranzAugust

FranzAugust Well-Known Member

Warm welcome back

11. -exec-

-exec- FH Consultant

12. hezey

hezey Well-Known Member

Exec:What means?

13. -exec-

-exec- FH Consultant

just joking. :dura:
    nobody was cannibalised? ;)

14. Mcloud

Mcloud Well-Known Member

Last edited: Jan 10, 2014
  15. Uncles

Uncles Well-Known Member

Exec lives in a big city; he doesn't understand the Canadian wilderness/жизнь в канадской глуши :)

[​IMG]

Attached Files:

• foo.jpg
      foo.jpg
      File size:
      69.8 KB
      Views:
    Last edited: Jan 10, 2014
  16. -exec-

-exec- FH Consultant

yup. i miss tons of knowledge. :(

17. hezey

hezey Well-Known Member

So, what was the South Park Video about?
    I don't spend any more time to dig for it than I spent to click once and see a thing [SORRY (YEAH, SURE) THIS VIDEO IS NOT AVAILABLE IN YOUR COUNTRY].

18. -exec-

-exec- FH Consultant

19. hezey

hezey Well-Known Member

20. Vadim Maksimenko

Vadim Maksimenko Well-Known Member

Watching various films about "survivalists" I was thinking: WTF?! But now I understand: everything has sense.