I'm making a site about WW2 planes

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by jupi, Oct 28, 2002.

1. jupi

jupi Active Member

Like in subject. I also make a forum about WW2 planes, which is based on Invision Board. It's still under development, as I want to make a skin related to planes. If there is somebody who knows IB and knows how to make skins for it, and of course would like to help me - please visit http://www.ww2planesonlineforum.prv.pl
    It's temporary address, and the site isn't completed yet.
    If you're interested in planes and would like to help (giving info, pictures, etc) please visit the forum and post topics in right place - you even don't have to register.
    So, off to work now, I plan to add only BoB planes at first, and then USAAF, USN, Russian, IJN, Italian and any other planes which I can find.
    Ah, one more question - what was Russian air force called during the WW2?

2. jupi

jupi Active Member

Webdesigner needed...

I am very poor graphics maker, so I'm looking for someone who is willing to do some graphics for my site. If somebody could also make layout, it would be great. I, together with ppappy, plan to make something like vortal, but this would take a lot of work, and I personaly don't have so much time.
    I also look for place for my site. If somebody is willing to give some webspace on fast server with PHP, it would be also considered nice.
    If you would like to help in creation of that vortal, please mail me to yooppie@wp.pl - I will be very grateful.

3. -echo-

-echo- Well-Known Member

ВВС РККА - in russian
    Voienno Vozdushnie Sili - Military Air Forces .

4. -exec-

-exec- FH Consultant

echo :D
    "raboche-krestyanskoi krasnoi armiyi" "workman and peasant red army".

in cyrillic: "BBC PKKA", phonetic transcription: "VVS RKKA"

but it hallucinates to mee that red army changed the name during wwii. "RK" removed?

Last edited: Oct 29, 2002
  5. jupi

jupi Active Member

That is why I want that forum about WW2 planes and stuff - discussing these things in one place would be much better. And in english, which is not so often used here.

6. gunn-r

gunn-r Well-Known Member

Well, RK was definitely removed at one point or another :). But can you say with certainty that it was removed during wwii?

7. Boroda

Boroda FH Community Officer

Since 1943 RKKA was renamed into Soviet Army.

8. jupi

jupi Active Member

This was supposed an info about forum, where you can speak about such things freely :) I make that forum, so that hobbysts and enthusiasts of WW2 planes and history could exchange their feelings, thoughts, etc. and share their knowledge with many other user around the world :) So pls visit my forum and register, it costs nothing :)
    www.ww2planesonlineforum.prv.pl

9. jupi

jupi Active Member

OK, I'm making the index page for the site. You can check it out at http://213.25.224.209 - it's not finished, and it's only temporar page. If a new design is ready, I will change it. As for now, it's only to be a easy to see and navigate site. Well, that's all for now, I will keep you notified with progress.