Industrial Food

Discussion in 'Warbirds International' started by tazman88, Jun 2, 2010.

1. tazman88

tazman88 Well-Known Member

This is a good documentary.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R1xNerb4yE8&feature=related
    I mean I think there is a middle ground between stone age food preparation and what we have today, but I feel that money in itself is part of the problem to say the least. Because of the fact that these are companies, it means that they are driven by profit, not whether their food is fit to eat. That is, they only care about producing something that looks ok and is not in itself poisonous. This is why they work so hard to put their men and women into the watchful government organizations such as USDA, it is to cut their sanitation costs. There is no real way around the problem besides forcing companies to take a less "assembly line-like" approach to food production. Either that or do something about the fact that the institutions of our society do not exist to perpetuate or thrive our society, instead they exist to make money (Making money and thriving/perpetuating a society are not exactly the same, this is a whole different discussion in itself). Another example of this is the way health insurance companies operate. They help people treat their illnesses, but they do not exist for that purpose. Their real purpose as a business, is maximizing profit while minimizing cost. This is why some sick people are refused coverage. It is simply not profitable for them to be covered by the insurance. In fact, a good experiment will be to see how the new healthcare overhaul will affect the system because it kind of does not address the main problem (money as it relates to the motivation of corporate society). It just restricts businesses.

At any rate, what do you guys think?
    discuss:fly2:

Last edited: Jun 2, 2010
  2. hezey

hezey Well-Known Member

White flour. White rice.
    B vitamins are removed. [Berry Berry anyone?] Added back later as 'fortified with B3, B6 and B12.
    What the fuck?
    Decaf coffee? Caffeine removed so food manufacturers can turn the drug over to pharma and fuck around with people's brains.
    Cooking oil made of non-edible oils.
    Coal Tars [I forget what they are called, sorry] spread on every red meat you can find [here, in the Americas] to make the stuff appear more appetizing...
    Cheese can and is sold that has no dairy in it, yet is called cheese, that is because there are laws in the States [and elsewhere?] written that allow things to be called what they are not. I knew there is fake cheese here, in Canada. Are euros getting that shit too?

3. looseleaf

looseleaf Well-Known Member

4. hezey

hezey Well-Known Member

Try being offended by puss oozing... Recall mom telling you not to burst a pimple lest it cause infection?
    Gulf of Mexico.
    Never mind 2012. 2012 started a long time ago. I think the idea of poisoning this planet was first concocted by the brilliant [and very rich] chairman of BP, Lance Boile.