Interesting facts

Discussion in 'Warbirds International' started by bizerk, Jul 31, 2003.

1. Malino

Malino Well-Known Member

@ illo, I was trying to point out that that an Enigma machine was captured from a U-boat by the British not the Americans and the reason I got peeved was because good men lost there lives to retrieve it (two of the three sailors sent into the U-boat drowned pulling the stuff out) but thats not exciting enough so Hollywood rewrote history.

@Bizerk, Great read :) Does that mean if I polish my screen I'll get an extra 2mph out of my 109?

@Biles, how can you fault a measuring system thats developed from things like: A yard is the distance from the tip of your nose to the tip of your finger (so if you wanted a good deal you made sure you brought cloth from the guy with long arms :) and an inch is the distance from the tip of your thumb to the knuckle joint :) Now can't you relate to that more than a measuring system based upon the size of the earth :)

Back on topic, the biggest development to Engines used on Fighter aircraft was the Supercharger, the British had a two stage supercharger that was always on and this created a large number of engine problems (overheating, supercharger failure etc) whereas the Germans had a much more efficient variable supercharger giving better performance at all altitudes.

Mal

2. illo

illo FH Beta Tester

Yes i know. And it isn't the only hollywood movie with alternate history.

3. RolandGarros

RolandGarros Well-Known Member

Hollywood, quite likely the donkey felating capital of the modern world

4. bizerk

bizerk Well-Known Member

Well, this American is threw with this site and game. i once had a nice perception of the world outside of my beloved 50 states. but thier isn't a day that goes by on this site or in the arena where anti-americanism ideals stop. you know my view from this site alone has changedmy point of view completely. back in the mid 80'sin west germany i felt more welcome. but here, trying to endure all this BS. all of you (except for a limited few) can can jump off the tallest building or canyon in your area!

bullet/bizerk OUT!

5. -fla--

-fla-- Well-Known Member

Cut it off this anti-america paranoia, biz. Or you do really believe in hollywood ?

6. Kutya

Kutya Banned

Hollywood is a bottle of coke.

Cheers!

7. Jacobe

Jacobe Well-Known Member

Don't you fucking assholes get even the simpliest thing what this forum/game relies on?? Life/world goes on ,and here we have a FREE opportunity to chat/whine/cuss/make friends with ppl around the world.I would love to get my hands on some of these net addicted ASSHOLES ,who spend their time spreding their narrowminded idiotic thoughts around! Do you fuckhead f.ex. think that individuals are resoponsible of actions their country which they happen to born in makes ?? Time to wake up?Time to dig your own head from your own ass ?

-wtg kids and welcome to the planet

[​IMG]

8. God

God Member

Damn good looking planet isn't it? Oh yes im proud of my job on it. Actualy, took me 13 days! But one son wrote wrong on the Bible. Well...

Hmmm..son jacobe, yes there was some bugs on the DNA of the human race but now its too late i guess.
    Anyway there is an incoming patch/update and the day is yet to come, as you all know.

Last edited: Aug 4, 2003
  9. Malino

Malino Well-Known Member

Sorry bizerk, I wasn't aiming at the US as a whole just the movie industry, you've got to admit that a huge amount of the worlds TV and Film is made in the US and whilst on the whole the majority is quite good (Fraser, Dharma & Greg etc) on the film front Hollywood does shove down everyones throat this continual USA is the greatest, USA is the world saviour theme which if you're not from the US becomes really irritating.

Just to say they've ruined alot of good films with shitty endings (Take Independance Day for example).

Every country has it's faults, unfortunalty because America is so big the faults seem bigger and tend to have an impact on those people who live outside the USA. No fault of yours, more of a fault with our own goverments for following your lead.

Mal

10. RolandGarros

I'm American and like many of my fellow American i cant stand the lowest common denominator nationalistic merdethat comes out of Hollywood, nor do I like my imerialistic authoritarian government.
    BTW Malino, Rowan Atkinson's new movie stinks. I think it's probably our fault, though...

11. Malino

Malino Well-Known Member

RAOFL, If you're English it's a good movie but thats probably because the humour is decidley British so a little off the wall. If you liked Monty Python or Mr Bean type humour then you're fine.

Plus you have to dislike the French to appreciate it :)

Mal

P.S. To get an idea of British humour then watch some of the following (if you get a chance) The Goodies, The Young Ones (warning offensive), Eddie Izzard, Time Gentlemen Please.

12. Pufjer

Pufjer Well-Known Member

I was LMAO while the young ones where on tv in my country :D

13. Kutya

Kutya Banned

Too much blue. I hate blue. :mad:

14. Jacobe

Jacobe Well-Known Member

[deleted]

Last edited: Aug 5, 2003
  15. Kutya

Kutya Banned

Yep. A real bluesman plays his songs for getting rid of the blues... :(

16. illo

illo FH Beta Tester

I love Monty Python above anything else. :D

But otherwise...english humour, dunno :confused:

Atleast in Python's they bash french with style. And compared to bashing they give to their fellow englishmen and especially older ladies...well that sort of light. :D

Last edited: Aug 5, 2003
  17. illo

illo FH Beta Tester

I don't believe in you.

18. RolandGarros

Young Ones are some of the funniest crap ever on TV. Rick & Vivian make a movie a few years ago "The Guest House Paradiso" - seen it? Almost as good as The Young Ones. Never heard of "Time Gentlemen Please" - will have to look into it

19. Malino

Malino Well-Known Member

If you've ever been a barman (for longer than a couple of months) then you'll appreicte it, it has all your "locals" but taken to an extreme.

In other words, it's offensive to just about everybody, crude, rude vulgar and bloody funny.

@Bizerk, you really need to watch some of these programmes then you'll see that as in most of Europe it's common practise to slag off Goverments and the "Establishment". the problem in Forums is that to post an Anti Establishment dig based upon your whats current here (UK) would mean nothing to you, whereas most of Europe is current on US affairs (thanks to CNN) so digs by us at the US administration are generally understood throughout Europe because we're aware of what you're upto.

For Example, if I said the Phrase "Back Off Brussels!!" you'd probably think WTF is he talking about, whereas most of my EU comrades understand what the phrase means and implies.

Malino

20. -frog-

-frog- Well-Known Member

I think the problem is, many americans don't care about other countries since they consider theirs to be only one worth living in and mentioning in news ;) ...

just like so:
    Map of world 1

or beeing less crude, so:
    Second map