Is impossible a combat FHL1.64???

Discussion in 'Game bugs' started by -gelo-, Feb 8, 2005.

1. -gelo-

-gelo- Active Member

<S>

Sirs,
    Senhores,

I can't engage a combat without a stall. This is boring.
    Eu n&atilde;o cosigo engajar um combate sem estolar. Isto &eacute; chato.

Regards,
    Sds.

-gelo-
    COMAV

2. laxtsc

laxtsc Well-Known Member

I like new combat style. Earlier planes seemed to turn and turn (ex. 190 light). Maybe it's now time for some tactics, ACMs, Energy Fight. I tried to take plane to stall and it's not so easy, need many of stick and rudder push to accomplish. And about spin recovery - 190 is far far easier than Spit9, I tried few times. At 190 I can do that within 300m vertical distance, but on Spit9 - first took over 1.5km, second was inverted flat spin, hardest one. I recovered it for vertical distance 3km.

3. -exec-

-exec- FH Consultant

yeah, as zembla reminds, when "easy flight mode" was switched off a time ago, many people were shocked with "impossibility" to keep the bird in air. ;)
    try to control ya apparatus in air, step by step. shallow climbs, slow virages. spend one evening in fhl-offline training. just one evening.

4. HanD_ZeD

HanD_ZeD Well-Known Member

Did somebody try to recover from flat right direction spin (really fast rotation) in spit9LF ? This is really difficult! In spit9c it is somewhat easy, but spit9lf. If someone do this ill be thankfull for track and short description how to recover. (if someone really can do this in a 1 on 2 cases :) )

5. laxtsc

laxtsc Well-Known Member

Handz, I recovered from inverted flat spin on Spit9. A tracka znajdziesz na WBCenterze. Hmmm, Spit9LF U say ... I'll try that :)

Last edited: Feb 8, 2005
  6. -gelo-

-gelo- Active Member

<S>

Is normal an A6M stall so easy like now?
    &Eacute; normal um A6M estolar t&atilde;o f&aacute;cil como est&aacute; agora?

Redargs,
    Abra&ccedil;o,

7. RedBull

RedBull Well-Known Member

D520 tests - stall spin recovered after cca 10 turns and if no hvy attention it goes immediately into contra-stall spin.

I spent lot of hours of my Private Pilot licence so i could say this is not plane what could exist in real duty. Imho stall in general is very unbalanced now.

8. HanD_ZeD

Laxtsc that wasnt flat spin :) taht spin is much more easy to recower then flat i was talking about. And why you take so long to enter the spin? It can be done in two seckonds when pulling joy and holding it.

9. laxtsc

laxtsc Well-Known Member

Yeap, I forgot to push much rudder ;) Alsways when I fly my planes never go spin by accident, but at lead turn my Spit9 came into at ... 2 G, just because i used rudder to make plane slide to the side.
    BTW tell me how to make flat spin. I'll try that hardcore recovery ;)

Last edited: Feb 9, 2005
  10. HanD_ZeD

Ill do tis like this:
    Go offline, select spit9 LF hit fly button then
    pull joy to you and wait to get into spin, then push joy off you to get into spinwith nose down and rotation over Z axis. In spit 9lf it is unrecouvable, for now :) i think it will be fixed in fhl 1.65 :)

11. -frog-

-frog- Well-Known Member

I'm having a really good time watching golds and reds stalling all around me :)
    When I first entered the arena (dec 2002 as "cooba-", it was FH1.41 IIRC) I asked Polish pilots how to fly, they answered me: "do never let your stall-horn start buzzing". After FH 1.5 this issue was not more an important one... now it's back... big deal- lol.
    Yesterday I flew some 190, Ki61, A6M and 109 sorties under another callsign (the rules of my squad forbid me to fly gold as frog this ToD)... and noticed nothing significant, except mb for the better characteristics of Ki61 and 109.

So I do think that next ToD I will have even more fun getting manouvre kills on Spitfires, LA's or Typhoons :D

WTG admins! Every step towards "de-arcadising" the Free Host is a step in good direction.

12. laxtsc

laxtsc Well-Known Member

Handz, I tried spins on Spit9LF at Offline. First words, "Kur..." :) I were able to recover 1 on 3 attempts. Every spin while I was near recover made spin at opposite direction. I only recovered inverted spin and noticed some rule, never ever use flaps at inverted spin, and never forget flaps at normal spin. Flat spins are UNRECOVERABLE at Spit9LF, I tried later one more time and a same like earlier i crashed into water. I even tried changing throttle, gears, flaps, engine off.
    Spins at FW190 and Spit9LF are not comparable, FW190 is much easier to recover, as I wrote earlier I can do it within 200-300 meters of vertical distance. On Spit9LF even 5km of alt didn't given me a chance.

13. HanD_ZeD

cc Ive tried this too :)nothing can help to recover from flat spin :) Imagine how does pilot feel :)

14. pietas

pietas Well-Known Member

Not possible, exec & company killed heart of this game since 1.64 released.
    Now its cheap and funny air combat simulator, in many aspects without sense .
    Its the same as during last war.
    Russians were just pushing forward, without care nothing.
    Now they are pushing WB, but without even basic thinking what they do.

15. SliceMaster

SliceMaster Well-Known Member

pietas, are You trying to burn a flame? :D I don`t believe You have a real problem to fly now.

16. pietas

pietas Well-Known Member

You should. I decided already to suspend play WB.
    Main reason : unplayable changes.
    I mean mostly new damage model and new gunnery model. This 2 changes makes this game no sense anymore.
    Too many artificial kills made by developers who played this game as many as my grand mother.
    EOT