Is it cheating ?

Discussion in 'Warbirds International' started by --q---, Aug 29, 2006.

?

Is flying 2 or more planes simultaneously by single person a cheating ?

1. Yes and should be banned.

43.8%
  2. No and should not be banned.

37.5%
  3. I have no opinion or Q is a woodpeker.

18.8%
  1. --q---

--q--- Well-Known Member

I have aquired a knowledge about this by accident. Some people are using 2 accounts to fly 2 planes simultanously e.g. buff and ju52. Some of them do not consider it to be cheating. In my opinion it should be banned.

2. Red Ant

Red Ant Well-Known Member

Hmm, I don't know. I reckon it is a bit odd but IMO it's not really cheating. Hey, so many people are complaining about people's lack of effort, isn't this a refreshing change? :D

3. gandhi

gandhi Well-Known Member

to answer ur question: yes it still is cheating

4. jotaceTOGA

jotaceTOGA Well-Known Member

Since you do not have another person to go with ju52 to capture the field, it may not be cheating.

5. Rainer

Rainer Well-Known Member

Would it be cheating if a pilot had one Gold plane and one Red plane in the air?

How many planes is that? 2?

Yeah, it's cheating either way.......

6. spuint

spuint Well-Known Member

what if player would set one plane on trim and climb, and in other fight
    and in case he loses he takes the first plane and attack with alt advantage? :D
    using two planes by one person aint fair

7. biles

biles Well-Known Member

49deg 11min 35.97sec N, 122deg 51min 57.65min W
    I have used a second computer while playing this game many times:
    For MP3s.

I once had a girlfriend who used to love to play a card game called canasta. It is a tough game.
    We drank lots of tea.
    I had to pee.
    And I would peek, and see.
    Her, goin' through the deck or lookin at my cards.

She used to complain to me,hell, she hated it, when I would walk by her sometimes, and give her ass a nice, hard smack. She thought it was a male thing, a sign of affection. She still HATED it.
    It wasn't anything to do with affection, see? I couldn't spank her ass without explaining why. But I could whack her one.
    I got away with that for a year.
    She eventually leftme for a one eyed, one horned, flyin purple people eater.

And then she went crazy.
    [They all do]

Last edited: Aug 30, 2006
  8. Red Ant

Red Ant Well-Known Member

The relevance? :D

9. biles

biles Well-Known Member

I could hit her.

10. biles

biles Well-Known Member

Banning might work if [the guy who's name appears in blue] were willing to block entire IP Blocks.
    It isn't hard to get another IP number.

Banning an IP block becuase of one single bastard in a place like, say, St Petersburg, with it's one internet provider, well, that might be a bit extreme and a tad inconvenient for people who aren't members of the Communist party, I mean, um, mafia, I mean, um, middle class

Of course, there are other means of spanking errant FHWB players.
    Wait.
    Um.
    No, there aren't. Sorry. Stupid me.

11. skycpt

skycpt Well-Known Member

One player two PC's same side = not cheating.
    One player two PC's different sides = cheating.

I could care less if someone gains alt while flying another plane. As long as they are same side. He risks getting his plane shot at flying straight. I've tried flying two PC's. It was more distracted keeping tabs of both planes and the SA for both planes, I honestly feel a person would do worse.

Does it bother when two PC's are used by the same person? No. As long as they are on the same side.

IP banning is a waste of time. In this day of dynamic IP's a flip of the modem switch and you have a new IP. You want to BAN them? Then ban the MAC address. But with moderate skill that can be spoofed as well.

The best way to deal with the situation is to do it like they do at TabaHost.
    The server announces anyone who logs in with same IP. If you switch sides your nickname is locked to that side for 30 minutes before being allowed to switch back to the side you started from. The command .ros list the players and tells you who is on same IP. the command .attach is disabled, so no complaints about being attached to by someone.

12. --q---

--q--- Well-Known Member

While saying "ban" I was meaning "forbid" without any specific way to enforce it.

What if a personon uses his second account to get radar information or reup times while he is IN flight? Bit unfair to other players isnt it ?

13. -kum--

-kum-- Well-Known Member

Agree.
    Agree.

14. ozemale6t9

ozemale6t9 Well-Known Member

This is a tough one to call. One player on 2 PCs is cheating but how can you be sure? It could be 2 players on 2 PCs from the same IP address. F.ex. if my son were to take an interest in flying warbirds, he would be logged in on the same IP address as myself.

regards, Oz

15. Rainer

Rainer Well-Known Member

So for 30 minutes they have access to location of CVs, raids, individual players locations, etc.....while still flying a plane for the other team.

WOW!!! That's a GREAT way to deal with spying/cheating/flying more than one plane from the same IP.

Duh.

Here's the problem. Right now, it's an honor system. There is no honor among video game players. Especially those of us dishonest enough to not pay measly pittance required by the actual developer of the software we use.

Here's my opinion, for what it's worth: A few bored, cheap-ass and somewhat intelligent guys stole some software. They told a bunch of people, "Hey, don't pay for this, we'll give you the stolen software and a place to play for free." Then other less-than-enterprising yet equally as bored people began to flock to WBFH as the word was spread. Those who stole the software, are thieves. Those who use(d) the software, are thieves as well. (Yes, me included.)

What do we know about thieves? Thieves are lazy by nature. (Or else they would go about obtaining things legally.) What else do we know about thieves? There is no honor among thieves.

WTF do you expect?

16. tigrou

tigrou Well-Known Member

:rolleyes: rainer

17. biles

biles Well-Known Member

[sarcasm]
    The devs STOLE the warbirds server side software?
    FUCK ME! I didn't know!

[/sarcasm]

I do agree with your theory about people who don't pay to play having less motivation to behave....

18. spuint

spuint Well-Known Member

that was just an example, cant you think of situations like this yourself?

think about situations like when one plane, with good ottos is trimmed low (to attract rollers and disable some of them), while other is closing the field
    ..or spawn hmack and roll plane at once, to defend a field
    is this fair? and who knows what ppl can come up with

19. --q---

--q--- Well-Known Member

I think that legaly speaking they havent stolen anything. But they invested A LOT of their personal time to create somthing and gave it to people for free. Counting the hours I have spent on this server they have given me a lot value in fun for free :@prayer: . Unfortunately that does not change the fact that they are biased :cool: .

20. -letez

-letez Banned

Hello!

Some people - its me...

:mafia: