Is this really what we want in FH?

Discussion in 'Warbirds International' started by By-Tor, Apr 16, 2006.

1. By-Tor

By-Tor Well-Known Member

OK...Ill be short because Im trying to be ...nice.
    10 reds 7 golds Not terrible odds, I fly those odds and much worse often.
    6 golds in Jeeps-6!!!
    Some of them capable pilots I used to respect. Ill not mention names. Bad form.
    Is this what we want from this aircombat sim? really?

Just IMO of course but, is this really what we were after when jeeps implemented? No wonder the great gold pilots of old have left. I cant buy I stinkin fight sometimes.

Just curious if Im a minority in this?

2. RolandGarros

RolandGarros Well-Known Member

C'est la guerre, fag

3. By-Tor

By-Tor Well-Known Member

Interesting...Was hoping for something a bit more articulate from you.

4. -cbfs-

-cbfs- Well-Known Member

Where the flowers bloom like madness in the spri-i
    C'est la guerre, but if you present players with a hard (plane) and an easy (jeep) solution to defend a field they will pick the easy one in 90% of cases. Jeeps are too convenient! To fulfill the 'acks were hidden' part in say, exec's, argument could be to spawn them in random places (like now), but at least make them immobile. Or disable shooting while moving. Make them slower. They're just another target after all.

fag

(I couldn't resist, sorry) :D

5. Lesiu

Lesiu Well-Known Member

I'm using a jeep as a last resort. I mean, field is almost closed (one target left), no reinforcements will come, and cons are waiting for rollers. However, number of jeeps defending one field should be limited. For example: 2 jeeps - small field, 3j - mid, 4j - big.

6. fatale

fatale Well-Known Member

25mm jeep is best way for kill, much better than all planes, so...

good idea, but....eh :rolleyes:

7. Ziomek

Ziomek Well-Known Member

Hmaks will be changed in 2 weeks,,,,,, just wait

8. fatale

fatale Well-Known Member

neg, hmacks will not be changed. author: Hardy

9. --stec

--stec Well-Known Member

Yea, to twin 88

10. spuint

spuint Well-Known Member

agreed by-tor

but as fatale quoted - hmaks are not to be changed.. somehow developers like them so much

well ok
    but imo it would be great idea to limit hmacks usage, depending on current roster at arena (like commandos or faus) - lets say 20% hmacks of ppl online max

it really does suck in situation like that and i guess it effects in players logging off
    at least i log off when theres nothin to shoot at, i dont enjoy killin hmacks

11. vasco

vasco Well-Known Member

same here

12. reuben

reuben Well-Known Member

While we we had ocean map, one small field reopened (F32 IIRC) I reclosed it with a 50kg, but had to admit defeat to the 7 jeeps that had spawned, me only having 3x50 left.
    So, the jeeps are ok for defending, but it's silly that so many jeeps can spawn in 20 sec...
    I do use jeeps myself, but they do mess up the avionic feel of the game.
    Tanks are even worse, as far as I'm concerned. I don't recall being downed by one, but they are annoying when they fire to a field where one tries to takeoff.

13. -frog-

-frog- Well-Known Member

I logged off... some 4 weeks ago.
    No urge or need to login yet.
    Got a new toy, it's called IL2Dedicated Server. The toy is pretty interesting and has no hmacks in it. I like that toy more than I liked WBFH recently. Maybe it's because of the fact that I liked WB with 40+ players constant (topping with 140+ on weekends), 88mm (later quad 12mm) hmacks which were really rarely used and planes that were less messed-up.
    Did I mention that after logging on the new toy the damage model is brilliant and the FM is more convincing than the FH1.6+ offers?

14. Red Ant

Red Ant Well-Known Member

Il-2 is pretty good but some of their flight models are also a bit questionable IMHO.

15. -frog-

-frog- Well-Known Member

Yeap,
    Spitfires, some 109's and especially Lavochkins are a bit Uber.
    But no big surprises occur like in WBFH...
    P-39 is an iron dog and without proper handling barely flyable.
    P-40's are lovely as they should be.
    109's are masters of climb, but cannot deal with Spitfire in level flight.
    P-51 can turn inside a Fw190 but not inside a 109.
    Tempests are fast but do not turn with Fw190s (not to mention 109's)
    LaGG is a brick with two small wings.
    Early Jaks are also bricks.
    You can actually hit a I-153!
    1-2x20mm usually takes down a rata (especially when hit in those tiny wings). A Rata pilot can but dream about climbing with 109E on equal terms.
    Starting Me262 does require some skills, but the plane actualy flies and not only pretends to.
    Zekes are paperplanes, vulnerable as hell not only to large calibres but also the 7mm.
    Compare these statements to WBFH FM.

16. bizerk

bizerk Well-Known Member

I agree byt old chap. as suggested above a limit would be best. if only 7 golds were in the arena and 6 were hmacks that just wrong. A limit is the way to go. I mean, 2 jeeps/hmacks could have put up good resistance while 4 to 5 golds scrambled from the closest field and headed to the attacked field and then defended. A limit sounds more then reasonable and the 20% of available players on a side sounds like a good starting point.

bullet

17. By-Tor

By-Tor Well-Known Member

Agreed that a limit on numbers would be a good compromise. However, there seems to be an issue with respawn ability as well. We had numerous Kami-jeep killers
    killing them as they popped up but they just kept respawning. What is the current respawn time for a jeeper?
    My experience is that it is either a very short time restriction or none at all. Also, there were in fact a couple enemy fields in close proximity that could have been used for AC. I had to log off as I only come here for my air to air fix. Perhaps that is MY problem, and I either deal with it or leave. Another veteran adversary gone from this sim. No great loss to most of you, I know. But those few pilots left that still enjoy a good joust might find it harder to find 1. Sigh, the air to air spirit of combat here has truely degraded to unimagined levels IMO.

Last edited: Apr 16, 2006
  18. RolandGarros

ain't life tough, princess, when everything ain't exactly the way you like it?

19. By-Tor

By-Tor Well-Known Member

I'm just asking of curiosity how others feel about a given situation. I find it interesting however that you've chosen to address me as fag and princess. Very Fruedian of you. As we have never met I can only asume that you find my avatar exciting. Ill assume its me and not my son thats making you lashout in your discomfort. Unfortunately for you, (though I am somewhat flattered), I am hetero. I do however have some friends that might interest you. You will need to come to terms with yourself first so that you can discard your passive aggressive traits. Its OK RG, let yourself go, I'm sure you'll be a much more pleasant person to those around you, and open to others point of views. Such pent up anger and frustration in you. Dont be afraid to release yourself. Be brave :)

1 person likes this.
  20. RolandGarros

u wish, fag