MIDWAY: resume, comments and conclusions

Discussion in 'Scenario / Tournament / Squad missions' started by hilmar, May 10, 2005.

1. hilmar

hilmar Well-Known Member

MIDWAY: resume, comments and conclusions.

There were (23) guys registered before the event (43 slots were opened), but during the game the number floating between 17 and 30 pilots if we take absents and no registered players.
    The actions begun at 18:27GMT and the initial orders of the Red Team were: ?all the fighters defend the islands? and ?two volunteers for recon mission: go sector (5,5, [8,5,2]) and sector (5,6, [8,5,2]), according the plan?.
    Golds prepared in this moment attacks against the islands in successive waves.
    After 10 min, sometimes red pilots reported contact with 2 cons, sometimes with 4 cons in altitudes between 2 and 3K. Red pilots like Maleti and Sonicx made kills, but the golds killed some reds too. For example Burat-, a brave recon red pilot, was killed over 5,6,5.
    Now we know that he was very near of the Gold fleet (check the fig. in this link ?Initial Actions of the Midway Map Event? http://www.meiradarocha.jor.br/uploads/4840/900/bb.midway.GIF or check the fig. below, if I did it well :))!
    The Red Command insisted in his original order. But Burat- was returning for his recon mission in that hot sector 5,6,5 when the problem happened.
    There was a big crashed. The SIGPIPE (read the explanation about it in Note 1) appeared and our brave men of the TH Team couldn?t avoid it.
    The Administrator had to cancel the game, but we can learn some good things with this experience:

1. This sort of event (multi role/coop. event) are possible. There are guys here with enough experience to play (and enjoy) one, so it?s necessary to develop the idea/initiative;
    2. According the Franz?s explanation the problem was solved. The ?SIGIPIPE thing? won?t appear again and we can use the TH with all of its interesting features and possibilities (Was it nice to fly by night and with drones wingman?s, no?);
    3. We need more participation in this kind of initiative. During the game I?ve listened many interesting propositions, but their can be better if I and the other CO could know before the beginning of the game!

Now, I?d like to say that we are sad about the problem too. The Event was born four months ago. It was necessary so many research, contacts and hard work to did it, so post your comments and opinions here and help us in this special mission that intend just to add a new experience for this community!
    Thxs again.
    Hilmar (member of TH Events Team).
    PS. Thxs for comments Marins, Hugobb and Snakeye! (your ideas will be studied)

Attached Files:

2. crpton

crpton Well-Known Member

i was there in the game, saw the cons but when i prepared to atack the server disco, putz, would be amazing, but i will stay alert to the arena opens with another test, lets make tabahost the better way to fly wb on line. :)

3. tigrou

tigrou Well-Known Member

will be a new session?

4. hugo baskervill

hugo baskervill Well-Known Member

We were fighters at hiryu(--vipe and me), our quest was recon at 6,5, sector.

We climbed with our silver zeroes at 2,5km HDG east. After some time Vipe call cons at 12 o'clock. They were SDBs, probablly recon. I can't see them so Vipe lead attack. He kill the first and i kill the second. Vipe must rtb because he lack 20mm cannon shells, so I continuned with recon, after some time I see it. Nice red CV at position 6,5,5, after report to franz I must rtb because my fuel was low. After landing there was this bug.

it was stylish action with my favourite plane, I'm looking forward to repeat this action without bug. WTG admins, GL with new scenario.

There was good furballing after action f1 vs. f2, really good practise to fight against wildcats.

5. ppedott_vibora

ppedott_vibora Well-Known Member

Well. TY for comments!
    As soon as hilmar set a new date, we will be there!
    Franz just ICQ me few minutes ago and told me that TH faced many SIGPIPE signals from event to now and (hurrahh!) managed it nicely = NO CRASHES!!! :)
    So, reds, be prepared to be defeated; Golds, bring your sake bottles to salud the victory!
    In Meanwhile, anyone wants to play as Admiral and set the routes of CVs?

6. hilmar

hilmar Well-Known Member

Yes, there will be a "Midway Map Event II"!
    But, we need to wait for others events before this (Waiting for Tigrou and Redbull initiatives!) and it must be studied new propositions and changes in the basic rules.
    Maybe july or august because we need time to divulge it (find CO's, make a poll etc.).
    Thx for comments.
    BB
    Hilmar.

7. tigrou

tigrou Well-Known Member

i'm ready to work on "mossi run to hell" i need to communicate specialy with franz to set 4xCVs in river to f17 on big med map :)
    i wonder to replace mossis by Me 262: just for fun in night nav landing and canyoning at 800km/h :p

8. hilmar

hilmar Well-Known Member

Good luck Tigrou and if you need a help...I'm here!

About Midway I was wondering about a pilot that taked a B17 with wingmans in the Sand Island to make a recon mission. What happened with you man? Did you find something?
    bb.
    Hilmar.