Need an assistance for translating new fh site

Discussion in 'Warbirds International' started by -exec-, Nov 10, 2010.

1. -ALW-

-ALW- Well-Known Member

Ahhh...cool. Thanks for the update.

I see some of the page there is still in Russian while in English mode. Is there a possibility some of us could help put more resources into the webpage design? Images, descriptions, etc? Also wondering about a website address. Is there one reserved, or in the works yet? Like a www.wbfh.com ?

Last edited: Jan 18, 2013
  2. Uncles

Uncles Well-Known Member

3. -exec-

-exec- FH Consultant

4. Flk

Flk Well-Known Member

Work was frozen at adding content stage. I am not writer, so we need articles to fill pages.
    Yes. You may send it to me and i will put it.

5. -ALW-

-ALW- Well-Known Member

6. Flk

Flk Well-Known Member

For each section (Novices-What is it, Novices-How to take-off, etc.) need to write some text and illustrate it (or not). And think of subsections and text for "Players" and "Veterans" sections.
    Thx. I'll fix it late.

7. -ALW-

-ALW- Well-Known Member

Can the menu choice "novice" "Players" "Veterans" be more defined?
    What is the purpose for these two?

I'm thinking about a different assortment. Something along the lines of: "New Pilots: Start Here": New inexperienced pilots "Roster" : List of WBFH users, and their status, score, etc "Score Board" : Experienced pilots with high scores

BTW....title background image has a white trim edge on the right side. Also, to create a seamless cloud image, I can create a larger image for larger resolution screens. ;)

8. flygod

flygod Well-Known Member

The hardest part

:duel:
    I have worked as a web developer and a technical writer. The content I found is the hardest part, and where many sites come to a screeching halt. Often I’ve had to write about stuff I knew nothing about, just to keep the project going. And many times the client would say “it looks great just like that!” Just to avoid having to write the content I think.

Resurrecting WB’s is high on my “to-do-someday” list once life allows the time. Because to-date we still have no choice. No one has yet produced a sim that even comes close to WB’s, and I’ve tried them all.
    WB’s is a masterpiece apparently….oh to return to the glory days of a full arena I hope to see again.

The next generation
    Where is a link to the latest new installer package?

My son is in the Civil Air Patrol along with a lot of other junior air force cadets. I want to do some recruiting and get all the boys in his squadron online. I think they maybe be good candidates for the next generation fighters, since all of ours are old and have faded away.

We all went on a tour of Carswell Air Force Base, Ft. Worth Texas the other day. Jay lanevery the guy giving us the tour, I forget his rank but he’s one of those guys that’s done everything, can assemble a C-130 blindfolded etc.

He also is in charge of training the pilots in the 6 million dollar C-130 flight simulator. (Ya its really cool) After all the cadets crashed and died a fiery death, including our Ret. Col. (lot of good flying jets in combat did him lol)
    I had to get in it and showed those punks how land a plane, lol.

Jay asked if I was a pilot
    “Dam right, I have a few thousand hours logged. Only combat time, P51s, F4U, Spitfire etc.” He complimented me on how good I looked for my age and we had a good laugh.

He surprised me though, doing all the stuff in the Air Force including in charge of, and basically his personal six million dollar flight simulator. The guy is into PC simulators also! He’s done them all and some I’ve never heard of.

So I’m going to get him setup on WB’s for a try since he’s only done modern jet simulators, radars, computers system etc. I told him its different, no targets ten miles away. It’s real up close and personal when some guy starts shooting your tail off, you’re like hay you son of bitch! You may get hooked lol.

So go down to your local Civil Air Patrol squadron and recruit some young cadets. That’s when the military gets them. They dont recruit old farts like us, no wonder the arena is empty….old farts.
    Flygod :duel:

9. -ALW-

-ALW- Well-Known Member

Well, how old are you? Old fart. :mafia:

There is an airbase here near my town, Minot. It's been quite a while since writing website coding, and it's sure come a long way. I'm thinking if we come together with some good ideas, us old farts will show up for some action or train these young wingnuts. :D

Since the forum is fairly popular meeting spot, I'd like to see this forum completely scrapped and replaced with a new one, more modern. There are some forum sites that are essentially the website of origin. Long as we have easy to find links and updated files and most importantly, a chat room. That will go a LONG way!!

Nobody ever goes to this area of the forum..."Hardware and Software" but, I posted a new topic regarding updating the forum site here. This forum site is extremely decrepit. Thing is, it seems like the folks here that run things, like exec, archer, flk, and nicae don't seem interested in improving the forum, which is frustrating. It's not a big deal to do this. If they are too busy, there are several of us who are willing to take on this project. Communication is key here. Communication with the developers, veteran users, and new folks needs to improve.

I suggested an idea for improvement.....what do you think ?

10. Mcloud

Mcloud Well-Known Member

www.wbfh.com <---Hezey trying to make money imho ;-)

11. -ALW-

-ALW- Well-Known Member

Hahahah :D

12. -ALW-

-ALW- Well-Known Member

Hey, the "new" website is still in Russian even though English is selected. :dunno: Who is working on this website?

13. Flk

Flk Well-Known Member

It is a reserved sections.

Russian is default language for site. If the text is not found, it will be shown in Russian.

Nobody now.

14. Uncles

Uncles Well-Known Member

15. -ALW-

-ALW- Well-Known Member

So, can I have the access to the webpage to edit it? Like adding the English parts anyway?:shuffle:

16. Flk

Flk Well-Known Member

Do you have the skills to work with SVN?

17. -ALW-

-ALW- Well-Known Member

No, I don't have that skill but, I know what it does. I can come up with content for the pages though.

18. Flk

Flk Well-Known Member

You can team up with Uncles, he also wants to help. He know about SVN and i can give access there for him.

Add: Uncles, i sent your changes to SVN (look at diff's as example) and wbfree.net/new.

Last edited: Jan 23, 2013
  19. Uncles

Uncles Well-Known Member

Thanks, Flk. I'll look.

20. -ALW-

-ALW- Well-Known Member

What would you be able to offer for some help? Research/instructions maybe? For Linux and other OS's you have used with WBFH?