New planes and my thoughts

Discussion in 'Warbirds International' started by fn_crow, May 15, 2001.

1. fn_crow

fn_crow Well-Known Member

Long time sense i last posted and complained about planes but here goes [​IMG]

Ok, i went on red today and flew the new Yak-9T and here is what i find. For a 37mm cannon that thing fires just as fast if not faster then a 20mm on a german plane. Now i cant find any ROF data online so i dont know if this is accurate but i find it hard to believe that it is. Also i was able to turn and sometimes out turn a Ki or a A6m the best turn planes in the game. Another thing was i could get the plane to easily do 500kph at even flight without WEP. I dont know if this is real but i think it is. However the biggest thing that got me was a plane collided head on into me and i didnt die, but he did. What up with that?

Now its time to pick on regreat [​IMG]. I know he is going to come in here and spit out some data about how im wrong and the planes are modeled right but its time you open your eyes and see that things are becoming totally unbalanced in this game and its all in reds favor. At any given time reds will have like 5 more fighters in their plane with then the golds will. So why dont we stop making more red planes and get some gold planes? I wont even touch the subject of why the Me262 is not released at the right date. If you ask me the Yak-9T should be gived the same treatment as the 262 and pushed back. I find it and so do many other golds that our planes get all the restrictions and the release dates are pushed back while red gets new planes every day. Also i got some data that shows the bf-109G6 having a 30mm cannon yet its not so in WB. My personal opionion is the more planes you guys add to the game the less fun this game is getting becuase of the introduction of to many supper planes. (yes SUPPER PLANES!) Also i think just for one day FH should use real world data on all the planes that it can. FH staff have claimed that the data they use is not real worl so for one day just use real world data and see how the game turns out, you never know, people might like it better. Thats about all i can think of

2. Temper

Temper New Member

This is my opinion too.
    I try the Yak 9T and i dont belive it.
    How can a 37mm gun fire so fast? Did you guys even try the 37mm cannon of the P39??

Lets make a new Yak 3XY wiht 50mm cannon that has the fire rate of a 7,7mm gun, 120 rounds ammo, and comes out early 1941.

Ok i understand, that you want to have more russian planes in WB, but please not every plane you ever found in your books.
    I say yes to Lagg3 and I16 or Yak1, the LA5 is a realy hard enemy and i dont belive that is have realy such a good 6 view (if i see some pictures and compare with yak) and the IL2 is a nice idea but it turn to good. ( or why you think the reds go fighting and field devending with IL2, but when you shoot them down they cry and grumbel and call you cheater )

Lets wait, how the La7 and Mig3 will be, i hope not to unreal.

Oh some words to the new Axis planes:
    What the hell is the A6M5b good for?? Have it only one other better fakt as these stupid one 12,?mm gun in compare with the A6M5a??? Oh yes and my favorite the He 177 that loose his wings at 400km/h. Oh the "Greif" looks realy good, but it realy bad modelled. I have read debriefings of a He 177 group that make day bombing attacks over London and dive 600km/h from 8000m down to 6000m and in effekt of the high speed the He177 group loose no planes because they run away.

And why count it as fighter streak when i fly a He177???

thx for reading and see you in the air Temper

[This message has been edited by Temper (edited 15 May 2001).]

3. seahawk

seahawk Well-Known Member

STOP THE WHINING GOD DAMMIT! (not for mc202....:)

yak, not metter what serries, is one of the best turning aircrfts on the game, and will outturn zeke/ki43,61 for about some degreez.....it has VERY low wing loading which makes it very good turner.......so stop whining...

it's 37mm is much worse then M4.......it maybe has high ROF but did u see how it goes??? one time left on time right, one time up, one time down......!!!

shhhhhhhhht.

Sea.

4. rgreat

rgreat FH Developer

Code:
    M4      37 x 145R  (608 g)   140 rpm        610 m/s        96 kg  
    MK 108  30 x 90RB  (312 g)   600 rpm        505 m/s        60 kg  
    NS-37   37 x 195   (735 g)   250 rpm        900 m/s        150 kg
    and due to large deviation you must be really close on yak9t to you enemy to score a kill

add another: ns37 gun made by iEN...we are only place it on yak (btw: yak9t was build in about 2000 numbers) [​IMG]

btw: why you forget about 109g10 mk108 gun ? [​IMG]

a6m5b have front pilot armor & protected fuel tanks also
    i make it just becouse it was build in good numbers

i test it...he177 start to crush at 600+ kph
    while vibration comes at 500+ so i think you wrong...

i think is a bug...talk to aike or ivan

5. Zembla JG13

Zembla JG13 FH Beta Tester

I'm actually wondering if the 'Greiff' even ever made it to bomb England... not quite sure...

Well, the Yak9T creates an unbalenced feeling for most of us golds indeed... I'm not so well known with the abilities of the plane, but what I DO know is: why set back a 262 when you only do this to give the reds another uber plane...

greetz, Zembla

6. Storm

Storm Well-Known Member

Why? One ping kills?

7. Snoopy

Snoopy Well-Known Member

Ok, I have to throw my two cents into this one. YAK low wing loading?????

What are you trying to feed us? What about a thing called inirtia. What about induced and parasitic drag. The YAK is the only plane I have flown that when you rudder hard it barely slows down. That is poor modeling, and 500KPH in level flight, without WEP. That is bull also. And the amount of time it take to achieve that 500KPH in level flight is sooooooooooo unrealistically short, as to boggle the imagination. THIS PLANE IS UBER PLANE and should be pulled and FM reworked, just like MC.202 was pulled.

Bottom line get real with these planes, and get the MC.202 flying soon. Oh and please don't make the MC.202 a pig, it is the first plane that can even come close to competing with all the RED SUPER PLANES as fn_crow called them, a point on which I heartily agree.

And what is up with the armor in the 109E4. I thought IEN fixed it in 2.77, did FH unfix it?

8. -fla--

-fla-- Well-Known Member

I'm not even going to talk about the yak9T ot the 262.

But I agree with fn_crow in everything he says. Let's use RL data. Why is that so hard ?

It's must be pretty dificult to make things balanced (you could try making equal number of planes for each side, but that's another subject) using data that are not real.

Why can't we use RL data ? Or at least have and arena using it. Even if for 1 monthe test only.

[​IMG]

9. -nicae-

-nicae- Well-Known Member

didnt a6mb have bombs too?

one thing is a BnZ 30mm, the other is a TnB 37mm. imho

now come on shwk.

oh yeah.. i didnt see the 262 last ToD. stupid.

10. -exec-

-exec- FH Consultant

1.Check ROF at http://www.geocities.com/CapeCanaveral/Hangar/8217/fgun/fgun-pe.html. By the way, take a look at initial speed of the projectiles.

2.Flight models are going from ICI, and developers now gather real data to implement it sometime.

3.Only half of BF-109G-6's had 30mm, because of low profuction of MK108. Another half had 20mm MG151 cannon. Is it indisputable? I think that it must be modelled thru ordnances of Bf-109G-6. But not all of my ideas I manage to promote [​IMG]

4.Should developers model Yak-9K with 45 or 57mm? No. These aircrafts were not numerous or even stayed at test stage.

5.Using Il-2 for scrambles is not intended by FreeHost team, as so ackstart idea is not intended by ICI staff. Concerning virtual character of life and death of computer games, you can do nothing with it. So let it be.

6.About A6M5b you can read http://chan.csd.uwo.ca/~pettypi/elevon/baugher_other/a6m.html. RGreat made it for his own fun [​IMG], but this version indeed were produced by Japan, and (yes!) for increasing fire power of Zero. I ask you to remember of Ki-43-II and MC.202 serie VI that are available at dates of Ki-43-Ia (2*7.7mm) and MC.202 serie I (2*12.7mm). Ok? [​IMG]

7.Diving Greifs are subject to RGreat. I had pretensions to RGreat too, about turrets of Greif. [​IMG]

8.Scoring problems are waiting for debiging. Give'em time. [​IMG]

[This message has been edited by -exec- (edited 16 May 2001).]

11. seahawk

Snoopy - if u dont know what u are talking about so be quite.
    I've heard what i've said from many peoples now and thats how I do know it!

YAK weights VERY low!!! (about 5000-6000 I think??).

And has 'great' Horse-power... p51 has little more horse-power, but also WEIGHTS ALMOST 2X TIMES OF YAK!!!
    so guess why it acclerate so well???

And yes it HAS low wing loading!!!

dont want to hear me??? ask some of the developers, or ask Storm which thats what I did, and THAN start talking.

Sea, out.

12. mcosta

mcosta Guest

Then please include the Ki-43-Ia/Ib, and the III variants as well...
    I don't mind having to survive with a plane armed with 2x7.7mm... but make sure we get plenty of ammo and fire rate to the MGs [​IMG]

Let me see what data for these I can dig out here...

Ki-43-Ia
    2x7.7mm , nose mounted
    Ki-43-Ib
    1x7.7mm + 1x12.7mm , nose mounted
    Ki-43-Ic
    2x12.7mm, nose mounted
    Ki-43-IIa/b (1942) IIIa ( Dec44 )
    2x12.7mm, nose mounted
    2x250 kg bombs on wings
    Ki-43-IIIb (1945)
    2x20mm Ho5, nose mounted
    2x250kg bombs on wings

Each variant of the Ki-43 has more powerfull engines than the series before, so it gains performance as the years rolled...

Let me see... Ki-43-Ia and the Ki-43-IIIb could be included on FH... that way the Ki-43 would always be present during the conflict, but with more realistic armament [​IMG]

mcosta
    Sturmtruppen

13. seahawk

BTW Fn-crow!

maybe the SOUND of the shells is the thing that makes u wonder about it!!! because the sound is same as for 20mm ShVAK.....! but actually it fires slowly [​IMG]

14. -exec-

-exec- FH Consultant

mcosta, do you really need Ki-43-III? Even Japanese switched to Ki-44 Shoki, Ki-61 Hien, and Ki-84 Hayate.

15. Platy

Platy Well-Known Member

ki43 rules.
    And to answer your question, yes we do [​IMG]
    give me a ki43 with a better engina and cannons and i'll be in heaven [​IMG]

------------------
    platy-
    Sturmtruppen

16. -nicae-

-nicae- Well-Known Member

heck.. if it will take a while to make 'em, give us the ki43 that we have now until the end of the war meanwhile! [​IMG]

oh.. and why dont we put in the Me323 super heavy transport? 6 engines.. [​IMG] check it out at http://www.airwar.ru/enc_e/cww2/me323.html ! [​IMG]

17. Snoopy

Snoopy Well-Known Member

Nice plane nicae but what purpose would it serve. It isn't a bomber and it isn't a paratrooper transport. It is just a big SLOW target to shoot at. Admittedly a bristly one with all the guns but what purpose would it serve?

It is a heavy lifter for moving things not for dropping things? At least according to the link you put in. It also has a very low service cieling.

18. mcosta

mcosta Guest

Yes and no.
    If we want to be minimally realistic, we must do the same Japanese did.
    They had so much a craze for the Ki43, that they delayed other plane's production for _years_ ...
    The japanese prefered to build Ki43s to any other plane ( ki44, ki61, etc... ). The ki43 was dropped when they ( at last ! ) found out that it was obsolete ( it was already in 1941... [​IMG] )

mcosta
    Sturmtruppen

19. -fla--

-fla-- Well-Known Member

Just imagine it, 130 troops otw that twr. It would rule!.

20. mcosta

mcosta Guest

You may find an use for it soon... just wait for my strategy draft [​IMG]

mcosta
    Sturmtruppen

ps: the draft is ready... but i'm now adding some stuff and i'd like to give it to aike/ivan before posting it here... if he allows it, i'll post it here.