on cheating

Discussion in 'Warbirds International' started by -exec-, Jul 23, 2002.

1. -exec-

-exec- FH Consultant

cheats i heard about:

1.transparent cockpits.
    being rushed by new cockpits, admins did not dared to introduce cockpit control. however, they know about this cheat and even players who cheat this way. cockpit art control is on the way.
    "in two weeks", sorry. i'm not aike, and i cannot say exact time.

2.packet multipliers.
    after some odious player triumph i guess anticheat is finally introduced.

3.time accelerating.
    some players broke their clock so they run faster. local physics calculations remained correct, but client send coordinates packets, that of course has incredibly long steps in the same time.
    now, on suspection on this cheat, the server break engine and elevator. i suggest you to not to use any other programs (icq, mail, access, etc) while playing.
    however, with unstable connection server rarely may recognise time-cheat where is no such cheat. sorry.

4.plane tech-data tweaking.
    such files are controlled by CRC, and you usually get blue message "your version is not corresponding...".

5.flooding (it's not cheat, it's just non ethical behaviour)
    flood blocking is on the way. "in one week". no exact date, again.

other cheat principles reports are always welcome.

2. ramzey

ramzey Well-Known Member

good news!

3. itayky

itayky Well-Known Member

Sounds promissing

Thanks! :cheers:

4. Prometeo

Prometeo Well-Known Member

Exec please publish all those names. I think it's the least they deserve, and slandering would be over (I'd like to see some :ass: eating their posts back).
    Give back honour to good pilots and let people laugh at dweeb cheaters.

Indeed i was surprised to see some players' performance decreasing dramatically in last days :D

As for me I heard/saw cheats different from the ones described by you.
    People aware of cheating tecniques told in this forum about "Vucan cannons" and possibility of boosting weapons in general (look at blue's posts in "who's boar ?" thread).
    I also saw people flying for minutes with fuel fire, wich never lasted more than 25/30 seconds to me (it could be a bug unknow to me, if it wasn't always the same pilot performing it).

Admins/developers aware of these stuff too ?

Best regards

Prometeo
    JG13 Loki's Kinder - Hela Jasta

Last edited: Jul 23, 2002
  5. Zembla JG13

Zembla JG13 FH Beta Tester

Great, good news,

but I think there is no need to publicly embarass or humiliate the cheaters, that's childish, it's like a nobrainer mob wanting someone to blame for their nobrainer status... (I don't mean that you're nobrainer with this tho :D)

Just handle this discretely, but of course take measures, make sure they don't cheat again, and punish them in some way... but I wouldn't know how...

greetz, Zembla

6. -exec-

-exec- FH Consultant

actually, i'm only staff consultant, and a little developer.
    i ain't admin like aike, uf or boroda.
    i have no access to server logs. i cannot publish names.
    i just say that the work for cockpits and flood will bring results soon.

as for muzzle velocity cheat or shell/explosion weight cheat - i forgot about these. but afair those cheats are disabled.

as for punishing. in the near future i think in general cheat-denial will be available, because banning system does not exist.

if flood will continue, of course angry aike will simply kick flooder, rather than ignoring flood messages.

7. -nicae-

-nicae- Well-Known Member

good news.
    hmmm.. cover cheaters?

8. Prometeo

Sorry i think you did not get my point exactly. Punishing is of course part of my intent, but the main one is to give back honour to pilots slandered of cheating. This is very important IMO.
    And it should be your intrest as well zembla, since your mates are accused of cheating as well. But maybe you missed it while on vacation. As well as you probably missed the size of the cheating phenomenon (not neglegible at all).
    About punishing: zembla do you really think they should carry no consequence for having cheated and stay covered forever ? I really don't. It's a simple matter of justice, not revenge will.
    And I don't think it's childish nor brainless, but just a normal measure to put the "end" word on this sad story. Otherwise this dicussions will never end (like "you were cheating at that time bla bla" ... "no i was not, you were ..." etc.)
    More: some records could be invalidated (like blue's 100 streak, wich was partly obtained by cheating as he confessed). Yes, I'm thinking about boar's streak in particular. I think that we all have the right to know about him; on the other hand if he's clean he deserve rumors about him to stop forever, and many excuses from other pilots (me included), who should then honour him the title of "the best pilot ever seen in FH".
    And please don't tell me that score and records are not important: most of pilots here fly for them, you included.
    I don't want any banning: just knowing who is a good pilot and who is a dweeb cheater. And I guess all honest pilots would like to know it as well, not being childish for this.

@exec
    I know you're not admin, but somehow you're our interface to them, so you maybe could be so kind to forward this request.
    Thank you in advance.

Best regards

Prometeo

9. --maty

--maty Well-Known Member

exec what about packet replacer? i.e. from FE gone packet with 12mm and replaced by packet with 37mm?
    Anyway i think better solution is use a kind of SSL crypting.

10. lucull

lucull Well-Known Member

I totally agree with promet.

Name the cheaters and give back honor to those who were accused wrongly!

11. -nicae-

-nicae- Well-Known Member

302, jg13, jg70, maz..... so many accusations.. i want to know who faked their honor too.

12. Usling

Usling Well-Known Member

... well i think the names should be known , of course ...
    Publish these names would be set many thingĀ“s in the right spot again guess !
    Im also with promet on that ..

13. gahis

gahis FH Sound Developer

I agree 100% +1%

14. ramzey

ramzey Well-Known Member

named , but with proof of blame
    if u dont have dont even post

as i remember blue said then he have transparent cockpit, NOT build record with him.
    And as i remember -blue- make him without help

ramzey

15. lucull

lucull Well-Known Member

I'm sorry ramzey, but the first 30-40 kills of blue's streak was with transparent cockpit. :mad:

But, he was the one who made transparent cockpit public, that he used it, that it could be proven and that admins know who uses transparent cockpits.

Last edited: Jul 23, 2002
  16. Prometeo

BUT he did not talk about his cheated streak until i expressely asked to him about it :mad:

BUT the word "sorry" never appears in his posts about that thread :mad:

BUT his main worrying was his performance not to be questionated :mad:

BUT he said that an experienced pilot like he is needs to get till 30-40 streak to understand that transparent copkit is an advantage :mad:

BUT he kept silence about his cheating mates, so making possible for them to cheat more and more :mad:

Sad regards

Prometeo

17. -blue-

-blue- Well-Known Member

Promet, if u don't understand the reasons for which i did not say names of cheating pilots from my squadron, i can't explain it to you. Those where my friends, and they did not "cheat" in any other way then trying out the transparent cockpit for a few weeks. It all ended tho. There is only one real cheater, who gave us those cockpits, not using those cheats often. He was online only a few times showing off with his toys, and always coming back soon to normal flying. He never used thos cheats to improve his stats. He was just occasionally showing me some new stuff.
    It was obvious for me that there is nothing to make row about, having -jagd- aka dober aka pyany- aka krikun aka -hrun- etc or mikado cheating all the way out there, for scores / stats.

I have a nice track on flighting krikun in an f4U4 agains my 109g2/r6 (before new update performance getting worse). I saw his f4u4 almost outturing me, then disengaging like Enterprise, and then turning on a dime like a damn i16.

anyway, to the point:

@exec:

has it always been like it ?
    i saw a b24 out climbing my fighters at the deck, going 500 mph, was shot down by a Val with 37mm cannon (shown in stats after i got killed in a HO with Val lol ((np pk)) ) I was told that the guy "mounted a 37mm cannon to his d3a. And I saw a jet li2 travelling from f17 to f13 on small med map, in 1 minute.

this data consider performance and FM, and were modified by the cheater, and not rejected by crc check. am i right ?

Last edited: Jul 24, 2002
  18. Red Ant

Red Ant Well-Known Member

Exactly! Well, I don't care about the honor bit but I wanna see the cheaters get theirs. :D

19. Prometeo

Actually I can understand what you say but - as I already posted - I totally disagre with you: the social mechanism you're talking about leads to unhonestly and derespect of other people (and - last but not least for you - the honourability of your squad underground). I don't need you to understand this: just think and act the way you like.
    I'm just expressing my opinion: feel free to derespect it.

Best regards

Prometeo

Last edited: Jul 24, 2002
  20. -fla--

-fla-- Well-Known Member

Anti-doping system :dura: