OT: Italy retires troops from Iraq

Discussion in 'Warbirds International' started by achtun, Mar 15, 2005.

1. Vadim Maksimenko

Vadim Maksimenko Well-Known Member

Babek, if you have troubles with logics, I may explain. You vote for leaving Saddam as is: no war your slogan. Satellite images may be used either for counter-attack planning or for gas attack launching, it depends. Same as kitchen knife may be used either for fish visceration or your wife... What you call new massacres is a common "returning fire". Of course, I know, you personally being caught under fire would scream, drop your weapon and run as far away as you can. Majority of men with balls get fierce, especially if they suffer casualties, and they return as much fire as they can. Or is that a great news for you that all those "freedom fighters" hide behind a shield of civilians?

2. Vadim Maksimenko

Biles, my civilized friend, you have no idea, what is oil crisis. This is when all prices rise so high (chain reaction) that you cannot afford your family stay alive. All and every shop is empty, because all transportation infrastructure has collapsed, there is not enough electic power, because fucking stupid greenpeace forced nuclear power plants out of service and those that left produce insufficient power. No trains, no planes, no cars, no even bicycles, cause bicycles were sold out long before and there is no power and resources (transportation is down) to produce new ones. No horses, cause the last one was eaten -- there are some stock, but it is 300 miles away from you and they don't want to come and feed you for some reason. And now the govt. says: "People, we have some strategic resources, but there are two options: either we use them up and return to our present crisis and collapse in 5 years or we invade Nigeria/Chad/Mars and take their oil field by force." You know what? Perhaps, you will say "no", but 98% of your country population will say: "OK, we are stronger, let's beat some shit out of them and fuck the world!"

BTW, something of that scale has happened in west Berlin, when russian decided to block it. Do you remember, how population has managed to survive? Well, there will be no planes...

Last edited: May 30, 2006
  3. babek-

babek- Well-Known Member

Vadim - tell me, where did I wrote to let Saddam in power? Or that I am against war as a final instrument of politial tactic?

I said that the whole Iraq War was stupid, because there was no idea how to go on after Saddam was removed and after the military victory. So this led to the chaos we see today.

Thats my point of argumentation.

And about the Halabja picture:
    Isnt it a little bit cynical to blame mad dog Saddam for useing gas weapons against his iraqi kurds when the same nations who blame him were delivering him exactly these weapons in the past so he could use them in the war against Iran and the iranian allies - the iraqi kurds.

So - when I see this shameful pictures of dead kurd civilians, who were killed by gas - and hear the blaming of politicians from the USA or Europe, blaming Saddam for this action, I have a real problem. Because the very same noble human right politicans delivered him once these weapons.

That was what I meant with "Its indeed a little bit hard to understand if you look at the dead child from Halabja."

Do you understand now better what I meant ?

4. Vadim Maksimenko

To be true, US have made big mistake withdrawing from Iraq after Kuwait. They have had much more credible explanation back then. Chaos is a mere another side of a medal of democracy. In case Nazi Germany would do that, there would be one or two explosions at most (there was one explosion in Italy back then -- more than 300 hostages were executed in revenge, no more attempts registered). So in case of Iraq american democracy plays against itself.
    Well, well... have you any information to back up your words? :)

5. babek-

babek- Well-Known Member

Use google

Here one link I found in a quick search:
    http://www.bhopal.net/otherbhopals/archives/2006/05/as_halabjas_18t.html

6. RolandGarros

RolandGarros Well-Known Member

if you're angry about the proliferation of poison gas weapons look closer to home for the root of it

7. gandhi

gandhi Well-Known Member

8. jotaceTOGA

jotaceTOGA Well-Known Member

Who is the guy on teh right?

9. RolandGarros

RolandGarros Well-Known Member

looks like halfway between bhreznev & elvis

10. biles

biles Well-Known Member

49deg 11min 35.97sec N, 122deg 51min 57.65min W
    energy crisis
    I cannot yet plug an automobile into a receptical in the wall and drive around while attached to a cord.
    There are no nuclear automobiles.
    No nuclear trains.

Internal combustion Fuel is only a small bit of what comes from petrochemicals.
    Peope can and have hauled sticks on their backs.
    Six billion is too many people for the resources, but that can be fixed almost overnight [with agony]. Poof:
    Six billion minus 5.75 billion equals 250 million:
    Estimated Population of Earth 1000 years ago.
    Even that was too many.

11. looseleaf

looseleaf Well-Known Member

The facts have been published: Bush did NOT have a majority of votes in either "election".

12. vasco

vasco Well-Known Member

and even if they voted 100% for him, it doesn't mean much. people are "mistaking", they change their minds after the person they voted for does things they don't agree with, or proves to be a jerk or an idiot
    but yeah, blame americanos for everything. after all they're... umm... it's their... umm...