OT: More Physics talking

Discussion in 'Warbirds International' started by -fla--, May 15, 2003.

1. ledada

ledada Well-Known Member

a causality is regarded as necessary by them, who somehow fear not to be part of this or any causality. to obtain deep knowledge of the structure of the causality is their only legitimation. what remains when finally getting the string closed in perfection and therefore any causalities proved unnecessary for that, what there is, is the nightmare of their own existence: the reason!
    in that way the beginning and the end is the last possible reason - the continuum is apocalypse... and them is us is our restriction.

:confused: was said by a speaker during studies, subject:"ethological dilutions"...i thought it would be about depressing instincts - it wasn't!
    bytor, i am pretty sure: i feel , it is not about brainial, cranial or cerebrial... after having eaten too much and/or bad and having intestinal cramps at 4 o'clock in the morning in a cold flat and depoisoning on the toilet for 30 minutes and going sane to bed again - the moment before i fall asleep then, i know what is most important for me :)
    there are other examples, but 2 nites ago.... :D

Last edited: May 16, 2003
  2. grobar

grobar Well-Known Member

I see their point - it is the main motivation of physics

however their example is wrong. if you have just one number as an object - it is just an object - it has no length or specific numerical value. it is identical to "1" or to "0" if you like. Or to a set, as well. But for "set of..." we know something more - it has structure.

dont worry - complex structures are introduced to explain things in simple manner quite often. An example is the M-theory - additional set of particles and 11 more dimensions of space simply to get neat an answer of "what is particle" - of course in terms which are on their turn - unexplainable :) (but less diverse than particles)

3. grobar

grobar Well-Known Member

im almost sure there is no difference between closed and open infinite space in this respect (microwave radiation or anything else INSIDE the space), fla.

because if you take one regular piece of space it is similar to all other pieces. So you can have them all being a copy of the same piece. And since the whole stuff is infinite and symmetrical in all directions you can just glue the piece`s oposite edges. Eg if light is travelling through 20 such pieces its the same as if it has instead passed 20 times through the same piece. Indeed in latter case that piece will see 20 that light, but this is the equivalent of receiving the light of the nearest 20 pieces. Time of arrival etc. all fits.

Does this mean that the question "is Space limited?" is irrelevant (for an insider like us) as far as there are no edges?

Of course we can discern between the pieces, and so (theoreticly) we will notice if we see our own Earth some million light years away. :) But as far as we can observe only locally, and therefore we use global phenomena, like microwave background, to judge for the global form... arent those global phenomena the same in both cases?

Last edited: May 16, 2003
  4. grobar

grobar Well-Known Member

Yes it is possible. 1. or 2. dont fit here. You can simplify your experiment to something easier to understand. The jumping of the ball could be obtained by most molecules of air arranging on the bottom side until you have a very high-pressure which will lift it up. Or for heavier balls - release a momentum upwards which they will carry over from another place. (we have preservation laws)

Now this looks like more elaborated (and far less probable :)) setting of: a simple container with air - can we see all atoms only in one half of it if we wait long enough?

5. grobar

grobar Well-Known Member

the trick is it is theoretically impossible to close it. 1st time when you apply models to "reality", and 2nd time the very techniques of constructing these models (ie - mathematics) is uncertain.

So we can amuse ourselves for eternity. :D

Someone famous said that mathematics is the only religion which has the means to prove it is a religion. :p

6. -fla--

-fla-- Well-Known Member

Actually to me it's pretty hard to swallow an unlimited space, especially if it implies in unlimited matter and threfor energy. But it seems it's a pretty aceptable thing around the world...

exec and gro, everything is possible if you wait long enough. That's probability. But most of this odd things will happen only very, but very rarelly. And sometimes you can fool entrophy.

May I proceed to Level II multiverse ?

7. grobar

grobar Well-Known Member

lets straithen out the basics first, eh?

8. -fla--

-fla-- Well-Known Member

Not a big leap foward, the Lvl 3 is somewhat well known (saw back to the future ?) the lvl 4 that is really something.