OT : Sign this petition against the RIAA!

Discussion in 'Warbirds International' started by Apocalyps, Sep 21, 2003.

1. Apocalyps

Apocalyps Well-Known Member

2. -afi--

-afi-- Well-Known Member

Already did about a week ago :D

Fuck them for stopping music and giving limits to it's boundarys!! Long live music!! :super:

3. grobar

grobar Well-Known Member

american affairs :popcorn:

4. Apocalyps

Apocalyps Well-Known Member

This whole fucked up RIAA thing is have some effect in Europe though.

Since they started suing people in America, some people in Belgium have been officially charged on some grounds for transfering or sharing mp3s. Although I don't think it was for using a p2p program...

Anyways, its a small thing but it might help!

5. sebbo

sebbo Well-Known Member

RIAA = "Raping Innocents Across America"

6. grobar

grobar Well-Known Member

well, there is to fill in your state and your zip.

i aint have any of those

7. gahis

gahis FH Sound Developer

signed

8. biles

biles Well-Known Member

49deg 11min 35.97sec N, 122deg 51min 57.65min W
    I can't sign. I am a Canuck. Neither the USA Senate nor the USA Congress gives a fuck about me.
    I hope the Yanks that DO sign can bring about changes, but I sinserely doubt that I can help change things by giving personal information about myself to a foreign government.

9. rgreat

rgreat FH Developer

Poor american citisen...
    Do much fuss around lawyers and legal actions in USA...
    Good Luck to you all.

P.S. Good thing i live in Russia, at least noone messes with my own life outside myself...

10. grobar

grobar Well-Known Member

except the local hitman who can shoot you on the street. and indeed noone messes. :hmm:

11. Holmes

Holmes Well-Known Member

Except You are an innocent citizen from well known Caucasian "russian republic" - than You have a really big chance to beeing killed (in bombed village, rammed by BTR, blowed by TNT, shooted up without any reason, rape by drunk soldat, etc., etc.) Why? Just becouse You want independence :( So please, stop talking about russian "democratic paradise" :(

Sry for 'forbidden' topic, but i just hate hypocrisy

12. rgreat

rgreat FH Developer

Talks about 'mass media' crap. Local hitman? lol.
    You did not live here, right? So stop talking about you do not know.
    I know about these things better then you. Trust me. ;)

You know there is no brown bears and snow on the streets now.
    And to be more more serious: life here in general became definitly better lately.

2 Holmes: Can you, please, filter stuff you listen at "Freedom radio". No offence. ;)

In fact the biggest problem concerned me now is bunch of 'homeless people' who have spent on drink all they assets and loaf around train stations in search of vodka without a smallest desire to get a job or wash themselfs.

That was much better 15 years ago.

As about Chachnya: its a problem. Its a war, you know.
    Same blood/dirt your people do in Iraq at smaller scale (a 1 battalion there?). You lucky that you dont have that on your own land.

But it cant be helped outside current attempts.
    I think so personally.
    Well, maybe alot of extra money can help. But where to get these "extra"?
    And no, you not helping. At all.

Last edited: Sep 24, 2003
  13. rgreat

rgreat FH Developer

Btw, check this poll on our forum:

http://forum.wbfree.net/forums/showthread.php?t=17172

How pilots (Russians at FH) relate to the USA?
    1) Close Ally - 0 (0%)
    2) Friendly country, but not the ally - 3 (3.95%)
    3) Not friend, not enemy - 27 (35.53%)
    4) Enemy - 42 (55.26%)
    5) Do not care - 4 (5.26%)

Kinda sad statistic.
    Personally i HOPE its number 3. But i not too dumb to believe in number 2.

Keep in mind this is NOT about people, its about country policy.
    I know ALOT of decent people in USA.
    Just that hm... 'anti-Kremlin' propaganda machine does not stopped with the death of USSR.
    The only difference that this time close to noone convinced with it this time here.

Again no offence in any way. :cheers:
    Just speaking my mind.

Heh...Where the world goes? :confused: :dunno:

P.S. I reread my first post here. Looks like it sound kinda rude. I dint mean that. Really. Just feel sad about the tendecy in audio industry. I really hope such initiatives never reach Russia. I like the way it currenly is.
    P.P.S Can we keep 'friendly' discussion? :help: Or we need to call nicae or exec already ? ;)

Last edited: Sep 25, 2003
  14. Holmes

Holmes Well-Known Member

First of all - it is not "Freedom radio" version. I was there i saw that. I was helping production of report for French TV (2 years later for Polish TV). No, it wasn't the first war i saw on my own eyes. And belive me, it's not "war". It is REGULAR and well planed extermination of all nation. If you offending me, please - take a trip to one of villages near Grozny, stay with that people for three weeks and than write anything about that, ok? Or talk with russian soldiers who were there - but not read "official versions". Go to their home, talk face to face without any witnesses, look at videos, pictures that they never saw to their families. Did You do that? I did - thats why i wrote that.

There are NO money which can help. Why? Becouse there is no WILL of goverment/army dissidents to stop that war.

Did i help? Yes, i was trying to - trying to understand that conflict, going there, talking with people from both sides and (however pathethic this sounds) risking my own life. Do I still trying to help? Yes, i do.

Don't get me wrong. I am not talking that Chachnya people are "good" and all russians "bad". Caucasians has a controversial behaviors, some of them were/are regular criminals BUT that what i saw russian soldiers doing there is real nightmare.

And the worst thing is that all world has a piece of shit of this conflict. Iraq was in all TV's, all medias. We can count every one killed solier, most of killed civilians. Chachnya is a "russian problem" :( Thats sad, couse in that small republic more people dying every month (russians too - do You know how many soldiers died there?) than in all Iraq war.

15. Malino

Malino Well-Known Member

It pisses me off that the UK is a "minnie America", the RIAA has served in excess of 1000 lawsuits against British Individuals in respect of downloading music files or offering them up on the web.

They fined a 12 year old girl Ј1,500 for doing it!!!

And Our incompetent arsehole of a home secretary (David Blunkett) signed a stupid fucking agreement with the US that any British Citizen can be extradited to the US on any grounds without the US first having to prove they've got the right man! We however can't do the same to a US citizen.

Malino

16. Glas

Glas Well-Known Member

@ Malino: The story of the 12 yr old was media fabricated bullshit. The RIAA wouldnt discuss individual cases but they DID say they had only brought charges to people who had downloaded more than 1000 songs. Considering there isnt 1000 nursery rhymes (and the papers wanted to give the impression it was only nursery rhymes she had) she, her parents and the media are liars.

I have nothing against people downloading music, I have done it myself. However, downloading 1000 songs is simply ripping the arse out of it and those people deserve to be prosecuted.

-glas-

17. sebbo

sebbo Well-Known Member

I agree with neither viewpoint (or I agree with both)....

First of all: ripping, sharing and downloading of music WITHOUT the artist's consent is pure theft. Those who steal, must be punished. The RIAA is the institution responsible for this.....

BUT secondly: the RIAA goes too far. There are artists who don't give a rat's arse about "illegal" copying or distribution. But the RIAA can still sue people who download music from these artists! Why? Because the RIAA is the organisation that owns all the rights of the music (and receives most of the money supposedly stolen from recording artists). Allow me to explain....

I play in a band. I am in the process of recording a new record.... Well, the recording is done, but we want to have our record "pressed" on CD's. So we go to a factory and here we're told we need permission from the BUMA/STEMRA, the Dutch RIAA. They give us the permission because none of our music belongs to someone involved with them. But what happens when one of the members from my band DOES have a contract with them? You are FORCED to pay some 70 eurocents per CD to the BUMA/STEMRA (or RIAA if you're a Yank). The organisation then sends this money to the artist whose "intellectual property" is being used.
    But in this case, the persons making and selling the record own the intellectual property! "Hey, ain't that cool? We're paying ourselves!"...
    No guys, we're paying the fucking RIAA. Because for every sold record, they don't pay you 70 eurocents! No sir, you receive the wonderful amount of 15 eurocents per CD! "Overhead" they call it.

So, the RIAA isn't helping musicians. They're helping themselves. The RIAA is a much to powerful organisation which got rich by other peoples' effort.

Conclusion: the RIAA is the worst bunch of freeloading bastards. I don't give a fuck if someone steals from THEM. But I DO care about the artists involved. So I use this golden rule: If the artist has no problems with me downloading their music, I'll download it. I don't care what the RIAA thinks about that.

But if I find out someone has an illegal copy of MY records, I'll kick their frigging arses in court!

18. Malino

Malino Well-Known Member

It was in the Sun though and we all know thats the truth! ;)

Mal

P.S. good think i stopped at 999 songs then :)

19. ledada

ledada Well-Known Member

"the boston globe"

noone will deny that there is filesharing... and that there is also illegal filesharing.
    absolutely out of discussion though is, imo, the demands for breaking one's privacy without prove - what it is when demanding the identity behind an ip-adress!

the riaa is far behind the time...
    prices for cds have never been reduced since they appeared on the music-market (well, starts now, mb) due to price-fixing.
    compiling boring sets of different versions on a cd are no replacement for 6"-vinyl, and making some obscure statistics public are no valuable reason for strategic mismanagement. the record industry has suffered less than any other entertainment business from ecological baisse in the last 5 years and it seems to be at least that p2p-users buy more compilations but less singles than before, how bbc found out in a survey http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/entertainment/music/3052145.stm
    however, the single-cd sells haven't suffered a lot the past 3 years, compilation sells did (~5% last year :rolleyes: ) doesn't really fit with the conclusion the riaa has taken :dunno:

the most ridiculous thing is:
    who will believe, that the losses of the riaa are about 40.000.000.000,00 (40 billion) $ ?
    which would be the punishment for 261 tracked p2p-users with more than 1.000 shared files, for each is calculated 150.000,00$

apple has got several licenses to sell singles via itunes for -,99$ each, with great success (10 million sells last year). several other companies have already asked members of the riaa for similar licenses, all being refused...
    who doesn't know how to run the business, shall go down!

20. rgreat

rgreat FH Developer

Do you have any suggestion that you think can help with the 'problem' outside total genocide and surrender?

I'd like to hear it. Really. I'm currently kinda lost.

Heh, looks like its ends 10-20 years later then all sides actually get totally tired from it.

We can calm it down alittle, but it will not stop completely.
    Much like Israel-Palestina.

There is too many money and political pieces of pie lying there, not to mention blood feud among both sides.

Last edited: Sep 25, 2003