OT: Today it is 7/11 why?

Discussion in 'Warbirds International' started by immele, Sep 11, 2003.

1. immele

immele Well-Known Member

OT: Today it is 9/11 why?

and the world remembers the tragical deaths, of the Wtc-terror attack.
    I still have very much understanding for the relatives and friends of the victims of that day , two years ago.
    For them , the loss of their beloved ones , must have been a major c h a n g e in their lives.

Still , i ask myself , -what has c h a n g e d since that day. ??
    -What s h o u l d change ?
    -Who s h o u l d change ?

I mean , after two years , the "survivors of wtc" ,
    (that includes a very big part of the world, Imoo : everyone who can afford an airlineticket could have been in that building on 9/11 2001.)
    as we all, somehow know t h a t IT happend
    should begin , (with all respect for the loss , the sadness and the hate they are carrying inside ) to ASK themselves, and as a followup: ASK someone/somehow :

******* W H Y ? ********

I simply miss this fenomena in conjunction with "wtc-bombing"
    Especially in the "public Press" (TV, internet , a s o.. )
    There should bee more "why? " in public discussed.
    Then we would search for A n s w e r s , an maybe something would change.

My (short) answer to "9/11 -why? ":

"the wtc-tragedy, is a colateraldamage, of US foreign politic."

Last edited: Sep 11, 2003
  2. heartc

heartc Well-Known Member

I was not about to start such a thread here, and I was not about to join one here either. Because I know this forum.

So, the only thing I say is that you're talking about 9/11, not 7/11 or whatever - pathetic.

3. immele

immele Well-Known Member

ups , thks for the hint , heartc , i corrected that.
    and yes ; -it is OT.

4. sebbo

sebbo Well-Known Member

Politics are not important at a day like this, people. The only thing that matters is that a lot of people died, lost friends and/or family and, in general, their trust.
    :rose:

5. Broz

Broz Well-Known Member

What a damn world we live in :(

:rose: :rose:

6. -afi--

-afi-- Well-Known Member

Very much so broz :(

7. -fla--

-fla-- Well-Known Member

And how many of you knows what happened 30 years ago, at this same day ?

8. biles

biles Well-Known Member

49deg 11min 35.97sec N, 122deg 51min 57.65min W
    The one thing that always made the USA stand head and shoulders above the rest of the world was their OPENNESS. USA was OPEN FOR BUSINESS.
    Just as all roads once led to Rome, this last one hundred years, all roads have led to the USA. Anyone on this globe was free to go to the USA and do the things done best from that place.
    And, whether you liked the people there or not, the policy was one of free access to the benefits of being in the USA to do the things you could do best from that place.
    Some examples:
    Manufacturing
    Hi tech
    Art
    Education
    Innovation
    Invention
    Agriculture
    etc.

Okay, many of those things are now done equally well in other parts of the world, but there is no single country on this globe with the resources, place and time, the USA has.

Um, what the fuck am I trying to say?
    Well, I guess I am not so much SAYING something, I am LAMENTING something:
    The USA is no longer OPEN FOR BUSINESS.
    Now they got a big fuckin' sign up that says:
    We reserve the right to refuse service to anyone
    And we are ALL hurt by this.

There is NO NEED to fight the USA. All needs be done is PARTICIPATE in the world that country and people dominate. They are the guys writing the rules and a good way to get the rules to change is play by them and try to make change through constructive dialogue:
    politicking, lobbying, writing, arguing, working hard.

The yankees have been in a constant state of change for an awfully long time, and they are, like all people, gaining better lives than each generation before.
    I would hazard to wager this:
    I bet there has NOT been a general LESSENING of prosperity, on average, per capita, on this planet over the past hundred years.
    I bet we are at least a little bit better off, more fit, as a WHOLE:
    humans, you know? All of us, in general, that is, per capita and all that (now let's NOT talk about Africa, okay? Jeez....)

Many have gained from the imperfect system the USA dominates. And that system is capable of and HAS changed and usually, when driven correctly, it's changes gain more than they lose, generation after generation.

Let's give Peace a chance. And maybe not bite the hand that feeds us.

Fuck

9. Platy

Platy Well-Known Member

fla, chile?

I say this because I saw a documentary about the coup today...

:rose: For the victims of the attacks and their families :rose:

10. -fla--

-fla-- Well-Known Member

Yes, Chile. 30 years ago a democraticaly elected goverment was overruled by the military, with probably the clearest apearence of the american 'Big Stick' ever. The president was killed in the presidencial palace (that was actually bombed by planes! :eek: ).
    Gen. Pinouchet assumed power for the next years (not sure how many, but surely not less than 10years). Several more people died in this than in all Al Qaeda (or how ever it's writen) attacks summed.

11. Malino

Malino Well-Known Member

It's a sad day however you look at it.

Malin

12. -fla--

-fla-- Well-Known Member

No doubt, just trying to show a bigger picture than it's showing on news.

13. sebbo

sebbo Well-Known Member

Let's try to keep politics out of this particualr thread.... Okay? :(

14. -fla--

-fla-- Well-Known Member

Sry if it seemed so, but I wasn't trying to bring politics up here, just giving my remarks to those also.

15. illo

illo FH Beta Tester

Biles... what are you trying to say? What i us as whole? There are only individuals and these individuals more often much much worse off than 100 years ago.

In last 40 years difference between richest and poorest fifth of worlds population has grown 3 fold. (ownz ratio 75:1 in 2002) And these differences have grown and will grow bigger and bigger.

16. biles

biles Well-Known Member

49deg 11min 35.97sec N, 122deg 51min 57.65min W
    Humanity is progressing. We are still in terrible shape, but better than one hundred years ago...

People starve. People starved 100 years ago.
    More people starve now then 100 Years ago
    1) Who knows if that is true?
    2) We have more PEOPLE.

India feeds itself finally.
    China has fed itself for some time and is now progressing out of agronomic and into, well whatever the other "omics" are...

Africa is in terrible health.

And maybe you are right...
    Fuck.

I been riding bikes and walking my WHOLE life and I am still called a "fat westerner..." Jeez. What can I do?

Maybe I go chain me to a tree...

My point was, the big boys are running the show and the big boys got attacked and the big boys are the only show in town and the big boys must either be dealt with quietly and politely, or they will fuck us ALL up way worse than we are now, collectively, individually and, well the other thingsly

17. immele

immele Well-Known Member

well , Biles ,
    noone is questioning the western democracy for its existent, its roadmap , or the good and bad sides of it. most of us live in a democracy , and i think we are all happy with it , though we know it is not perfect , ...but we are all working on it , jeezz ?

But after two years from ground zero , im sick of hearing from the patriotism taking over the real i m p or t a n t patriot question:
    -why the heck did someone throw a plane on the Pentagon ?? , and we all know where the fourth pane was heading , donґt we ??
    even G.W Bush, asked from a reporter,rejected that question back "to the world".

Not only every us-citicen should ask themselves this question. Every "slight normal" thinking person , who lives in a safe , -peacefull , -wellfared , well-feaded community
    should ask this question.
    Its our Duty a n d Right , to ask this question.It would bee the first step in ur mentioned "constructive Dialog". (noooo -not Larry King)
    Its a part of sustaining patriotism , to deal with this matter , cause u can only have patriotism if u are convinced of the community u live in.
    and if one is convinced with that , one should really have the guts to deal with it, not only to show it.
    As u described , the US has only got that far , in its democratical evolution , because it q u e s t i o n i s e d things, all through the years.

not that u get me wrong:
    Thereґs absolut no excuse , and no forgiving , never! , for the over 3000 innocent lost lives in NY.

There is a r e a s o n for the Pentagon one.

yes it is T r u e!! ,- the big guys got attacked !! and two other buildings with over 3000 innocent lives was the colateral damage !!

The world should start to focus on that, especially the "common Media".

We know, the US makes big foreign politics. They always have. And it is ok. A superpowerhas to do so.
    And when u make big politics , you will make misstakes!. It`s natural.
    and the first thing to do, if u made a misstake, is to confess this one to your self.

Yes , Biles, the big ones are running the show.... but we are allowed , and it is our duty to look b a c k s t a g e. ...if theyґd only let us. Itґs not enough that Michael Moore does that.

@sebbo: sorry , but wtc is, and has to turn turn political.

18. heartc

heartc Well-Known Member

For the same reason Hitler gassed the Jews. And too bad it wasn't "only" the Pentagon...face the truth...you cannot ignore the WTC. Or is it a common procedure of yours to see only what you want to?

No...no...I'm not going to get involved...again...I'm sick of it. Time will teach you...or not. Anyway, I can't do jack about it. History will progress as it will.

http://www.trend.partisan.net/antisemitismus/antisem01.html

http://www.trend.partisan.net/antisemitismus/antisem04.html

http://medienkritik.typepad.com/

http://www.nahostfocus.de/

http://www.zeit.de/2003/33/irak_nagel

Read it. When you claim objectivity as a characteristic of yours, face all the points of view. I do the same - even if it was only for the fact that there is no way to avoid "your" point of view when I turn on the TV or read the newspapers here.

Regards
    heartc

Last edited: Sep 13, 2003
  19. heartc

heartc Well-Known Member

Wow. I read this part just now. Are you nuts? How can it be a colateral damage when it was specifically targeted and almost 400 km "offset"?? What kind of polemic talk is that? You really like to twist the facts as far as neccessary, don't you...

So, Michael Moore is your reference on world policies? Oh boy.

http://www.hardylaw.net/Truth_About_Bowling.html

20. immele

immele Well-Known Member

@heartc : yes to bring in moore was bad .. he certainly overdues it, anyway.

a colaterale damage , from a us-politic. It has been discussed befor it happend. maybe not in that dimension.