Otto in finnish skies. :)

Discussion in 'Warbirds International' started by illo, May 22, 2002.

1. illo

illo FH Beta Tester

Oippa Puro

?While approaching the target, I observed that a huge bomber formation was releasing its ordnance on the Finnish frontline. I immediately dived at the enemy aircraft, which consisted of approximately 100 bombers and a similar number of fighters. Both luutnantti Saarinen and I were engaged by Russian fighters.
    I succeeded in shooting down two La-5s and one Il-2, all of which fell near the frontline between Vammeljoki and Mustam?ki. When the bomber formation finally turned back, we took the opportunity to finish off our reconnaissance tasking.
    Soon after the first wave of bombers had disappeared, a second formation of 70 aircraft (split into three groups) appeared from the east. Our own anti-aircraft artillery kept up a constant barrage against the Russian aircraft as they approached the frontline, and I added to their spirited attack by expending my remaining ammunition on several Pe-2s and a couple of fighters.
    By flying into the midst of such large formations, we successfully confused the gunners aboard the Russian bombers, for they had great difficulty in distinguishing two Messerschmitts from their own fighters. Indeed, their rear gunners did not once open fire on us.?

2. --stec

--stec Well-Known Member

Freehost version:
    "While approaching the target, I observed that a huge bomber formation was releasing its ordnance on the Gold frontline. I immediately dived at the enemy aircraft... and the next thing I remember is a hospital hall and a pretty nurse showing me with amazement how many otto bullets did they take out from my body" :p

3. esp---

esp--- Well-Known Member

or
    "...i saw a dark tunnel with light on the end"
    :)

4. ppedott_vibora

ppedott_vibora Well-Known Member

12,5mm at fronthead

"... I was performing a CAP at f6 (old med) when xexeuu in a TBF come to attack... when I'm at his 6 (d12 !!!) the rear otto (1937 world long-distance shoot champion) pk me with ONE 12,5mm in my fronthead (I think he is laughing 'till now). next thing I saw: tower f6 :D

5. -nicae-

-nicae- Well-Known Member

"i was bombing in my ju88 at f11 when a p40 attacked me. i pulled up in a light G maneuver when the con was at d10. when he got into attacking position, i pushed stick forward at full power, forcing the enemy to red out and miss his shots. meanwhile, otto is pumping his MGs into the cockpit and kaboom! we were shot down only by the third con."

6. illo

illo FH Beta Tester

"I was scrambling minor enemy buff attack with multiple friendlies. Then suddenly I saw 2 Ju88 dive on me with high speed. They must have been out of bombs or in mood for killing. I pushed my p40 to hard leftsided split-s to avoid them, but as certain as death other dived 100m below me and leveled. zzzzrrt..it must have been over 100 hits in one second. My crate was smoking heavily so i tried to run for it. Another Ju88 was alredy firing at me with his front otto..they were zooming and booming causing hellish havoc among red lines. I saw at least 3 I-16 drop down in flames. Some unlucky spit snuft it too. I couldn't avoid inavoidable. Death was certain."

:)

7. --stec

--stec Well-Known Member

"I was on my way back to Northolt airbase when I was bounced by 3 Me109's. I dropped my nose down to catch some speed and begun to evade enemy attacks. Thanks to Hurricane's superior turning ability I was not only able to elude Huns, but also place some bullets in the yellow nosers as well. When one of the attackers failed to pull up after his attack and crashed into the ground, and another of them spewed a thin line of gray smoke, I started to believe that I will surivive this battle. But suddenly an Ju88 dived into the furball. He levelled his flight and in a sharp turn turned in my direction. I ignored him as I still had 2 fighters attacking me, but as the buff sailed by some 500 yards from me (still in a sharp turn), I only heard a loud bang and in the shower of shreds of glass from shattered canopy I realised that I've been hit straight in the forehead - exactly by 2x 7,7mm bullets - one next to another. In that last moment I thought I saw the Ju88's gunner aiming his machinegun in a sniper fashion and a scope attached to his weapon..."

:dura:

8. Herz

Herz Well-Known Member

Just after i pressed FLY button and went to the runway the field was suddenly closed, it was under heavy atack so i turned engine on and started to roll when got PK from a Li2 gunner that was turning to land to drop troops.

Another time i atacked an B25H (75mm) from 12 o'clock low by surprise since he kept level flight. I shot his wing off and turned my 109 to a split-s but when passing under him the B25 rolled upside down and its gunner killed my pilot. Awesome shooting.

PK from below, the bullet penetrated the ass and stoped at the stomach with some french potatoes and coke. Couldnt even feel its taste.... :ass:

9. Broz

Broz Well-Known Member

Goldies attacking a red cv... I went on it to try to defend it. I'm in tower. My mouse approaches to "fly" button. I push it. And, oops: the cv (100m world champion that year ppedot_vibora ;) ) wasn't where it should have been, so my F4FU-1D was suddenly leviting over the sea, and after a long fall watching cv's butt :ass: , it crashed into the sea :confused: .
    Why?, maybe the commander didn't like my nose-art :mad:

Btw, u can see my nose-art at our newly created webpage, http://perso.wanadoo.es/perdomoadsl :super: and tell me your opinions :D

10. recon-

recon- Active Member

... next thing I remember is a Pony shooting at my chute ... :nono:

11. ppedott_vibora

ppedott_vibora Well-Known Member

lol broz

:D
    Few days ago, big med, I spotted a con from f 38 (I think) going to cv jus at S from that field; so I jumped to cv selected zeke, 500 conv, 85 fuel and ( I think My error) pressed f1 to track my future victim... He still there, straight to S... immediatelly I pressed fly and...

My damnned zeke is on the air, slowly falling at sea... showing
    me that big fat cv butt!!! I just haven't time to press E to try something... :D :D :D
    Probbably the same cv U told... the USS Road Runner
    beep beep!

12. Broz

Broz Well-Known Member

lol ppedot_vibora

Yes, it's a really big fat butt :ass: I hope i never see it again, it really scared me :dura: