Otto must go!

Discussion in 'Warbirds International' started by Jochen, Nov 21, 2001.

1. Jochen

Jochen Well-Known Member

Hi all,

I just logged into FH... not going to name anybody in particular yet, but let's just say that, within 3 minutes, a TBF's otto gunners killed SIX gold aircraft. It wasn't even a heavy bomber...a T B F shot down six planes. No, sorry, doesn't happen, not even in dreams. When will otto be gone???
    Argggg [​IMG]
    Jochen
    JG27 Afrika

2. thomba

thomba Well-Known Member

cc, jochen.
    not about the ottos (i killed 2xB17 in Zero...they forgot the ac 10?)

i have been on my way in TBF, got 7x20mm and 34x 12mm in the TBF....another 5 guys had pumped their ammo in...nothing...TBF is going to kill more of the golds.

i was going in TBF onesmore h2h... hit 3x20mm and 20x12mm...nothing.

in case of answers i will pronounce the pilot: zxszxs

pls ZXSZXS, what was going on???

1. German CV group

3. bizerk

bizerk Well-Known Member

well i will say it once again. the otto ac10 will never be gone because it give newbies a chance to compete. thats the only answer i can think of.
    oh and the cries to have it removed are just going to become history. i have complained about it alot. even heard that the last tod it was going to be toned down.
    but i knew that didn't happen when i was pk by a ju-52. pathetic i tell ya. 2.76 where are you??? those were the days. don't get me wrong, i mean i like the new aircraft, just took some time to get used to. but the otto ac10 command should be banned. every one know that bombers and ju-52 should have ecorts NOT lazer guided bullets!!
    and another thing i must mention. why don't the reds have commando's ?? we used to in 2.76 but why only gold get to use them now???? i want them to feel how it is to take off and be killed by a commando also!!

so come on guys whats up?? maybe we shouldhave a vote to see if otto's should stay or go?? and a vote for reds to have commando's also???

i vote for otto's back to the way they used to be or toneddown dramatically

and i vote reds to have and to use commando's also

4. HoHun

HoHun FH Beta Tester

Hi Jochen,

just to provide a coparison:

Stuka ace Ulrich Rudel after 2000 sorties had dropped 1000 tons of bombs, hit 125 gun emplacements, 300 tanks, 2 major warships, 70 boats and 600 - 700 motorized and horse-drawn vehicles.

He had also killed a total of - 2 LaGG-3 and 1 Il-2.

I guess he didn't know about Otto ac 10! ;-)

Regards,

Henning (HoHun)

5. gawong

gawong Well-Known Member

Christiansted, St. Croix U.S. Virgin Islands
    I am not the TBF pilot, but do you guys realize that its not only the otto ac 10, it takes a good pilot to do that. I havce taken down four attackers in tbf and managed to launch a torp, only to be killed by ack weenies, and this was long b4 ac 10.

6. mekh--

mekh-- Well-Known Member

Piloting has nothing to do with it. The computer is doing all the work.

bizerk: The Li-2 is already much faster, has a better gun, and carries many many more paratroops than the Ju. If they had commandos and the mortar too, it'd be way unbalanced.

[This message has been edited by mekh-- (edited 21 November 2001).]

7. -exec-

-exec- FH Consultant

Sure you don't misinform us? [​IMG]

Parameters known:
    Speed (AFAIR): 310(Ju-mil), 320(Ju-wep), 320-330(Li, no wep at all)
    it is not much faster

Guns: 13+7.9+7.9(Ju) 12.7(Li)
    it has no much more firepower

Troops: 8(Ju) 14(Li)
    yes, it has less than twice more troops

mekh, check the meaning of words "much", "better", "many" and "many many" in dictionnary [​IMG]

[This message has been edited by -exec- (edited 22 November 2001).]

8. bizerk

bizerk Well-Known Member

thank you for clarifying -exec-. ok, take a couple of troopers away and give us commando also.

you can place a vote in the topic entitled a vote!!! on otto ac10 and should reds get a commando. it is a free world right?

9. -exec-

-exec- FH Consultant

Sorry to disappoint you, but it's really free world. Developers/Admins are free not to implement ideas. It's quite hard work to forge ideas into a real life.

10. -real-

-real- Member

Why do you all cry? I love flying buffs and yes I set ac 10 and I still get my butt fan!
    I might get a ping or two on a con,but have not shot one down yet in a buff! So maybe you need to look at how you are flying? are you flying level? that a good way to get shoot down,all the planes I see shooting at me, are NOT flying level! and they are the one who fan my butt!! maybe you need to watch
    someone going after a buff, and see what he or she is doing right or wrong!

11. HoHun

HoHun FH Beta Tester

Hi Real,

>Why do you all cry? I love flying buffs and yes I set ac 10 and I still get my butt fan!
    I might get a ping or two on a con,but have not shot one down yet in a buff! So maybe you need to look at how you are flying?

Sorry Real, if you get shot down regularly while flying with ac 10, it's noone else but you who needs to look at how you are flying. Even the slightest evasive manoeuvre will delay the fighter's attack for long enough for Otto to kill him.

Shooting down 3 in a mission flying a SBD as I did as Red a few days ago may be a bit harder, but shooting down 3 in a mission flying He 177 isn't that difficult at all.

All it took at the end of the previous RPS were a slight pushover at 0 G for the Mustang that came at high speed from my tail, and a bit of rolling left and right to kill the other Mustang that tried to run in from the blind spots in the gunners' field of fire. The P-47 that also attacked got killed so quickly that I could stop my random jinking a second or two after I begun.

Of course I get shot down too, but the exchange ratio against fighters is plainly ridiculous.

Regards,

Henning (HoHun)

12. Kutya

Kutya Banned

That's really extreme, the famous life-saver P47 got killed by a single Heinkel... WTG for reality-simulation! I think admins need the ac 10, 'cause they need all the players.
    ALL of them, including -real-, and other highly skilled pilots.

------------------
    ### Stay in :D major. ###
    PUMA 101st Fighter Squadron http://www.geocities.com/puma101st/

13. bizerk

bizerk Well-Known Member

that may be a very good point kutya. maybe the admins need to have a fund raiser if in financial trouble. is every thing ok aike?? or are you guys funded in some way??

14. mekh--

mekh-- Well-Known Member

But it can run at that 330 forever, Ju's WEP is limited. Plus Li can manage faster while diving than Ju. All in all it takes a minute or three off of flights to the target...when capturing a field or not can depend on seconds, those minutes count.

But the Li's gun can fire forward, up and to the side as well. Ju can only fire in a relatively limited area behind its wings

Sure, those numbers make it sound like a minor difference, but look at it in combat terms: it takes 5 troops to take a field, right? That means Ju has 3 troops that can be killed and still take the field. Li-2 has 9. That's a big difference, killing four troops in the time it takes them to get to the tower is not really that hard. Killing ten troops before they capture on a good drop is difficult even with several defenders, even more so because the Li-2 drops them so fast (two at once) All in all, it gives the Li2 a big advantage in taking a defended field (whereas commandos are next to useless on a defended field, and undefended fields are really easy to take anyway)

Thus, in real combat terms, IMO the Li2 is overall a lot better, except that you have to be Red to fly it [​IMG] The commandos -are- nice, though, they do let you do a lot in a sneak attack with only a few players, and is especially necessary because gold has no carrier-based ground attack stuff worth a crap.

As for my vote: AC10 is stupid and needs to be turned off. But I've already griped about that in other threads [​IMG]

[This message has been edited by mekh-- (edited 23 November 2001).]

15. Jochen

Jochen Well-Known Member

Mekh has some gooooooooood counterpoints. It's not just a matter of numbers...it's what those numbers mean in combat. The differences can really be exponential in a combat situation.

Regardless, ac 10 is a matter in itself. It must go down the toilet and live in hell.

Regards,
    Jochen

16. Kutya

Kutya Banned

Jochen! I'm already in the Hell, please do not send me another useless shit!

:p

------------------
    ### Stay in :D major. ###
    PUMA 101st Fighter Squadron http://www.geocities.com/puma101st/

17. Jochen

Jochen Well-Known Member

I say again...

Ac 10 must go down the toilet and live in hell.

Make room, kutya. And go back to hell. [​IMG]
    Jochen [​IMG]

18. Kutya

Kutya Banned

19. illo

illo FH Beta Tester

Hmm..i thought ju52 could carry more than 8 troops. I've seen a video clip where at least 12 fallschirmj?ger jump out of ju52 over crete.

Can anyone confirm it had maximum of 8 passengers? I don't believe that until otherwise proven.

20. illo

illo FH Beta Tester

and yes, commandos for reds, V-1 only for golds. MB we could have new 3d model for v1 too? [​IMG]