Plane id bug?

Discussion in 'Game bugs' started by Red Ant, May 7, 2011.

1. Red Ant

Red Ant Well-Known Member

A few minutes ago, I rolled a P-38L from F1 to engage a low con there. The game showed the con as a 190. As we got into a low-speed turnfight, the supposed 190 easily started gaining on me and shot me down. I've never seen a 190 turn like that and so I asked on red ch: "WTF, how does 190 turn like that??" to which 2 reds replied that it wasn't a 190 at all but a J2M3! What could cause something like this? Why would the game show a plane to be a different model than it actually is?

2. mixer

mixer Well-Known Member

This is "feature". Sometimes (packet loss?) FE shows plane as his "parent".

3. Red Ant

Red Ant Well-Known Member

Hmm, by parent I take it you mean the plane that its flight model was derived from when it was created? If so, do you think the devs could 'reparent' it to a different plane with similar characteristics, like say the Ki-84? Because you know if you're expecting to fight a B&Z'er with relatively bad turn performance and then it turns out you're actually fighting one of the Japanese turnfight kings, that kinda throws you off a little. ;)

4. mixer

mixer Well-Known Member

I don't know what are technical limitations, but in general childs inherit design and DM. That meas it was more simple to get J2M from Fw190 than Ki84.