Player Cloned at FH players list (pls help)

Discussion in 'Game bugs' started by forge, Jul 10, 2003.

1. forge

forge Well-Known Member

Hello,
    I'm posting here to ask a situation as bug or configuration problem.
    Well, yesterday my pal pingwn alert me that in last day he watch my nick "-forge" duplicated
    at FH players list. Damm pingwn that not tell to me on day of the occurring fact so, i not checked the roster inside the game to watch for some anormality.
    In other instance in the little past i check that this behaviour ocurred in the players list and i do the follow:
    1- closed the FH
    2- opened my Essential Net Tools (software to watch in and outcoming communicatons activity) and see the FH server still runing on port.
    3- after a wile, the conection dissapeared and all things returned to normality.

With this facts i ask: This is a bug or some configuration problem?
    I see this happening one time, and pingwn see the other time. I think so that this is not a everyday occurence but may occur.

Other point i think maybe causing problem is that i'm using the FH trought a SOCKS server instaled on the same machine as the game, internet conection etc.

I'm using a SOCKS after the observation that after red beacon and disco, FH pinging normal (think: some problem with FH and my windows protocols? maybe making some type of garbage colection?)
    so, i intalled a SOCKS to provide a alternative conection method to FH to see if resolves this problem. I still cannot reach a conclusion about this, maybe in the future with more using.

But one thing is really strange, after i exit the arena (with ALT+F4 or exit button), how HOST telling that i'm on list???

P.S. This weird situation don't occurring everytime but some sometimes.

I aprecite answer to my questions because i'm crazy about other players watched this clone player on the list.
    The time i entered with already forge on arena shure that not readed list and not observed the situation because is strange and in this situation the best is wait!! the clone dissapears.

Really sorry for my still crap english guys.

Regards