Proposal about limitation of the planeset

Discussion in 'Warbirds International' started by Zembla JG13, Jun 13, 2003.

?

What do you think of it?

1. Sure, it's a nice idea... [if comments/additions; reply to the thread]

6 vote(s)
    28.6%
  2. Shoot that guy, what a stupid idea [I don't care about your comments, so don't bother to reply]

9 vote(s)
    42.9%
  3. Not entirely, BUT if... [reply please]

1 vote(s)
    4.8%
  4. I don't care even the slightest bit

5 vote(s)
    23.8%
  1. Zembla JG13

Zembla JG13 FH Beta Tester

Because noone replied in the original thread because they were all too busy outsmarting each other about the battle of britain instead of getting back to the issue... I reposted it as a thread this time:

2. HoHun

HoHun FH Beta Tester

Hi Zembla,

The problem with your idea is that a busy kamikaze can get easy access to the Ьberplanes while a hard-working pilot who cares about his survival might have much more trouble.

If you'd said "Monstr Score", your suggestion would have made more sense - but just that had already been pointed out earlier in the thread where you originally posted.

Regards,

Henning (HoHun)

3. ozemale6t9

ozemale6t9 Well-Known Member

Re: Re: Proposal about limitation of the planeset

To quote a former contraversial Australian politician.....

PLEASE EXPLAIN!!

A busy kamikaze would not be returning his plane to base, therefore his dead plane is gonna cost him big time. May well end up with negative points.

regards, Oz

4. HoHun

HoHun FH Beta Tester

Re: Re: Re: Proposal about limitation of the planeset

Hi Ozemale,

>A busy kamikaze would not be returning his plane to base, therefore his dead plane is gonna cost him big time.

Actually, the normal score system only has positive points so everything you do gets you more points. Only the Monstr score has negative points, which is why it would be better than normal score for Zembla's purposes.

Regards,

Henning (HoHun)

5. bizerk

bizerk Well-Known Member

what is wrong with the system as it is right now? remember if it isn't broke don't fix it :)

6. Glas

Glas Well-Known Member

Re: Re: Re: Re: Proposal about limitation of the planeset

But regardless of the plane multiplier and cons killed, your not liable to get more than 1k in points for a sortie (and it would have to be one helluva sortie in a 20x plane).

Set the score higher.

-glas-

7. kangaa

kangaa Well-Known Member

Alright so he/she will end up with a score of 0.00 there for no new plane...Why try and turn it around to suit yourself?? Just admit it is as good a option as Odi's...

:cheers:

8. Skiter

Skiter Well-Known Member

Hi guys!

I think that this planes limitations can be added if we enjoy the "Points by Monstr", this kind of score is a just score...

By this kind of score you could get a certain planes by the result of your TOD, for example, this score don't would count only the kills of a pilots, but the important things as fields captureds, jabos missions, etc...

I would like so much if this kind of score were accepted!!!

9. --oleg

--oleg Well-Known Member

There are no problems to decrease scores up to negative.
    Server can easy subtract some points at end of flight instead of add it.
    IMHO, it is best choice of plane restriction. Of coarse, obsolete planes and Ju52/Li2 must be free.

10. HoHun

HoHun FH Beta Tester

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Proposal about limitation of the planeset

Hi Kangaa,

>Why try and turn it around to suit yourself??

I have no idea what you're talking about :)

I already supported the Monstr score idea in Odisseo's thread (which Zembla seems to have missed), and Zembla's own idea of taking points away from players who don't return to base actually emulates Monstr's concept.

Regards,

Henning (HoHun)

11. Zembla JG13

Zembla JG13 FH Beta Tester

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Proposal about limitation of the planeset

Sorry about that, I've got better ways to spend my time than read 200 flames...

<Z>

12. Comet-

Comet- Well-Known Member

Hm, at first I was for plane restriction based on streak or score, but now I don't know anymore. Honestly I meet all types in the arena, some are more numerous, some are somewhat rare sights, but every plane in this game has its fans. I am not sure anymore, if it is really necessary to restrict planes and ruin fun of huge majority because few pilots are looking for more realism. It can also make some problems, when one squad decides to fly together in one type, and only few pilots have access to the restricted plane.

Also I don't think that the latest rides are really dominant. Even at the end of Tod, 109s are divided between 109K and 109G14, and Fw190A8/F8 are more than 1/4 of all Fw190 aircrafts. 40% of reds are in Yak and Spitfire (mostly TnB crowd :), another 40% are in P51 (both variants), Tempest/Typhoon, La-x (mostly BnZ crowd), and remaining 20% are using Blue birds, P47 or P38, Mossie 6 or P39Q (just fans).

Only aircraft, which should be restricted without doubt is Me262. But its restriction can be another strategic element.
    - Every gold pilot should have a chance to fly this aircraft. So, lets give 1 Me262 to the each gold pilot.
    - We can limit it to people, who flew more than 2 hours in this ToD to make it little harder for people will multiple logins.
    - To prevent overflooding of Me262 at the moment of introduction, it will be introduced slowly, based on the best streak in this ToD. For example, first month in the RPS will bring Me262 to the 30 highest gold aces (KIA or alive). Second month another 35 golds... and in the january and february in 1945, all gold fighter with more than 2 hours in the air will get acces to their personal jet.

- If he ditch, bail or die in 262, his plane is lost forever, and he will never get another. Only in next war :). Disconnect is also lost, 262 was anything but safe plane :)

That can add more interesting strategic elements to the last year
    of war. Me262 can be very strong strategic weapon for gold side, and good counter for the allied buff/jabo superiority. Maybe it isn't great fighter in classic sence, but its ability to make very fast sweeps can allow it to search for red critical weaknesses, like buffs and troop transports.

To give reds a chance, limited supply of 262 will have same effect as in real war. Reds will be interested in hunting down those dangerous 262, vulching is allowed. Plans to catch them low and slow, to make ambushes near enemy airfields (Tempest :)))))), and so on, because every kill of 262 will have effect.
    Golds will have to protect their 262 jets when landing/taking off.

If reds will be succesfull in jet killing, they will have keep their late war advantage. If they fail to hunt down 262, at the beginning of 1945 they will face whole gold fleet of 262 and then they can cry as much as they want. Just like in the history, where allied aircrafts hunted and vulched jets to prevent them to ever appear in greater numbers...

13. HoHun

HoHun FH Beta Tester

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Proposal about limitation of the planeset

Hi Zembla,

>Sorry about that, I've got better ways to spend my time than read 200 flames...

Like reading 198 flames? ;-)

But my comment was just an aside, I believe it was a good idea to open a new thread like you did.

Regards,

Henning (HoHun)

14. HoHun

HoHun FH Beta Tester

Hi Comet,

>I am not sure anymore, if it is really necessary to restrict planes and ruin fun of huge majority because few pilots are looking for more realism.

Actually, Illo's original poll yielded a 60:40 majority in favour of the streak restriction :) No reason to be hesitant there!

http://forum.wbfree.net/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=8389

Regards,

Henning (HoHun)

15. manoce

manoce Well-Known Member

@comet.. nice idea!

but as u suggested this is not small friendly community where everyone is respecting rules --- to prevent multiple logins, flight time required for 262 would have to be bigger - 10 hours f. e.

btw.. why not to connect your idea of limited numbers of planes for each pilot and streak idea -- in first 6 month after introduction of new plane, every pilot would have limited number of it available for himself