Reform Coalition

Discussion in 'Warbirds International' started by squirl, Jan 7, 2006.

1. squirl

squirl Well-Known Member

The major reason for the deterioration of the Free Host is the incompetence of the development team, but the reform-minded individuals on this forum are perhaps equally to blame.

We too often resort to name-calling, gold/red side-playing, "conspiracy" shouting and pigeonholing. This division in the Free Host reform effort is due largely to assumptions. We too often interpret an effort to improve a red plane as an effort to make the red side superior, and vice-versa. We too often see a fellow reform-minded FH flier as a competitor; worried that his campaign may divert attention from our own. We too often interpret the recent release of the software as a "conspiracy to improve gold/red planes."

Well, I am here to tell you that I have seen enough conspiracy claims from both sides to allow me to conclude that there is no conspiracy. True, the Me-109F may have an edge on its competitors, but the Spitfire can easily defeat it in low-speed maneuvers. The Japanese planes may be junk, but many of the Soviet ones are as well (the I-153 is actually not what it used to be). I think that this community would be better served if its members saw the 'big picture' of the Free Host. We need to realize that a frustrated N1K1 pilot can be on the same side as a pilot who wants to see the P-47 restored to its former glory. We need to realize that flight/damage model reform is a common goal shared by pilots of both sides. A point for a gold plane is the same as a point for a red plane - both are points for a realistic Free Host.

So I today call for all reform-minded FH fliers to unite under a common goal - that any effort for realism, whether it is for an American, British, French, German, Italian, Japanese or Russian plane, is an effort shared by the entire movement.

1 person likes this.
  2. --q---

--q--- Well-Known Member

U need to state goals of your political party to know if we should sign in. The thing U have writen is too vague. Make it in points and be specific.

1 person likes this.
  3. Jacobe

Jacobe Well-Known Member

LMAO It's all the same what party you form,As we seen In my thread 'WHERE ARE YOU ADMIN' ,he's nowhere ,and just gives a sht what we players think.You say devtheam is incompetent,but I say they just lack a good 'vision' and sight ,how to change this game for better.And you telling this game isn't a conspicarcy?it's former KGB's test to study human behaviour and an evil sadomasocist scheme just to piss ppl off.;) :D

PS.Have you seen gold whining here lately? I don't cause there's no need for them to do so.THeir planes don't bleed E allmost at all.

4. Zembla JG13

Zembla JG13 FH Beta Tester

Squirl.

I don't get it.

Somehow you still believe FH is a democracy.

It isn't. Get over it.

<Z>

5. Glas

Glas Well-Known Member

Aside from the point made by Zembla, I would only take issue with the above statement, which is out of order imo.

They may be lazy, and quite possibly uncaring (in respect of FH development), but incompetent? Just because their data on flight performance differs from your own, means they are incompetent? They were competent enough to give us all of the new planes and features that iEN couldnt/wouldnt. People in glass houses shouldnt throw stones, so unless you can think of something better...

1 person likes this.
  6. biles

biles Well-Known Member

49deg 11min 35.97sec N, 122deg 51min 57.65min W
    How old is the game of Chess?
    Okay, next question
    how old is o-o and o-o-o ?
    I know I know...

as far as the devs being incomp, um, incump, um, well, that thing you wrote...
    LOL.

Maybe you should go purchase CFS3 and make mods. I am not jokin here.
    Or get a copy of European Air War and a Hex Editor.
    X-Plane has some great tools for designing airframes.

There is an old saw goes something like:
    If you don't like the way something is done, do it yourself.
    Personally, that doesn't work for me because I am lazy.

7. Uncles

Uncles Well-Known Member

To the barricades!

Last edited: Jul 28, 2006
  8. squirl

squirl Well-Known Member

That saying has no meaning. Every time I hear/read it, I laugh at the person who has himself thrown a figurative stone by his mere utterance of the phrase.

This thread is about the disorder and animosity within the movement to improve the flight models. Any post which expresses skepticism only serves to diagnose the problem. Skepticism in this thread is just as futile as a person who walks into a psychiatrist's office and shouts at the top of his lungs, "I have no mental problem!"

9. Zembla JG13

Zembla JG13 FH Beta Tester

Squirl.

I read over that line.

How can you be the judge of their incompetence? Do you have anything to compare their capacities to? You're not talking about entering numbers into a matrix here. You're talking about programming a flight model, and interpreting the way it was programmed by iEN before them. Because unlike us users, they didn't get a manual with WB telling them which thing did exactly what.

Your ignorance in the field of applied sciences shows clearly from the way you think you can improve things just like that. Sciences are one thing, applying them, putting 'm to use, programming the things are a whole different thing.

If you don't like WB, go play another game.

The devs don't need to listen to you, and FH doesn't need to jump everytime you say so. Deal with it.

<Z>

Last edited: Jan 9, 2006
  10. squirl

squirl Well-Known Member

You want logic?

Here it is:

Logically, if somebody changes something in eight different ways, he can be correct only once, being wrong the other seven times.
    I hope you can see how my scientific law, as outlined above, applies to FH programming.

It is one thing to not know and not attempt, but it is entirely different for one to not know and attempt. The developers have practiced the latter, and the FH is worse because of it.

Last edited: Jan 8, 2006
  11. Glas

Glas Well-Known Member

I suppose in your cocooned, ignorant existence that may be true. So, just for you, ill explain. It means, simply, that those who can do no better than the status quo should not criticise others.

Figures and data are disputable. But would you be able to take iEN's WB and develop it in to what we have at the moment?

Didnt think so.

There is no 'movement'. You have a channel through which you can express your opinions/suggestions. That is as far as it goes in terms of player input. Live with it.

12. squirl

squirl Well-Known Member

Again, I laugh at you. You fail to realize that when you say I shouldn't criticize others, you are criticizing me. I know you will deny that you are a hypocrite, but you should realize that it is perfectly normal for a hypocrite to say he is no hypocrite, yet do otherwise.
    Define, "develop."

13. Glas

Glas Well-Known Member

Whatever :rolleyes:

Add new planes and features. So?

14. squirl

squirl Well-Known Member

I am flattered that you think I am incapable of ruining Warbirds as extensively as the FH team has done.

15. Glas

Glas Well-Known Member

There's nothing you could ruin, because you would have no idea how to make any changes of the type done by FH ;)

16. Glas

Glas Well-Known Member

By the way, why ask a question relating to my post (no. 11) and then completely ignore my answer (no. 13) but yet revert to post 11 again and ask another question?

Oh wait, silly me. I forgot that you ignore the awkward questions :rolleyes:

1 person likes this.
  17. Broz

Broz Well-Known Member

Criticize, criticize, for fuck sake, he's discussing with you, you fucking arrogant idiot. You say FH is messed, that they ruin all, but you still come here and shit all over the place. You ungrateful asshole. If you don't like it, why the fuck you keep coming? Go away; try to develop your own host, and leave the rest of us alone.

You say FH's devs are incompetent. Who the hell you think you are to judge their job? They keep giving us a free host, developing new planes and new features (some better, some worse), and you come to their house to insult them and laugh at their job, a job they gave you for free. You're lucky that i don't rule this board nor FH, or you'd be kicked immediately.

1 person likes this.
  18. Glas

Glas Well-Known Member

What Broz said :)

p.s Happy New Year mate ;)

19. Red Ant

Red Ant Well-Known Member

I would suggest that people cut down on their use of harsh language when talking to squirl. It is possible that his arguments are flawed / wrong / whatever, but I sometimes get the impression people feel that personal attacks against squirl are automatically justified just because he's squirl.

20. Fucketeer

Fucketeer Banned

My thoughts exactly.