Remove Mixer from Admins?

Discussion in 'Warbirds International' started by mixer, Feb 7, 2006.

1. RolandGarros

RolandGarros Well-Known Member

Streak dont win wars.
    want a streak sim, play a spartan wars one...& yeah, "phone" is an old cheat (always "fon" on the other side), why dont mixer ban him?

2. bizerk

bizerk Well-Known Member

Stay mix, I do want this game/sim straightened out. I believe you and the others (maleti) are trying and give us a voice so keep up the good work. it is nice to have someone represent us and work towards a better product. <S>

3. --oleg

--oleg Well-Known Member

mixer, ignore that shit. Their cry mean you do your job well, dont stop half-way.

4. Broz

Broz Well-Known Member

we all know women lie :)

5. fatale

fatale Well-Known Member

6. yivan

yivan Well-Known Member

choice 2

7. Maletin

Maletin Well-Known Member

you are right, the reason for this remove-request is the important part. i can't speak or understand russian and whenever i was talking to a squad-member of the sibeerian-brigade, it ended in "talk to mixer about it".
    i believe, the squad want a radaraccount: an extra computer, that shows the radar of the own side, so they don't have to trust the country-channel for questions like "is f1 clear for landing".
    the admin-team decided to tread such accounts as spying, because it's easy to use them also for the radar of the other side. if this should be allowed, we should better allow inflight-radar (after a poll) in my opinion.
    if somebody can translate this discussion to the sibeerian-squad, i would be very thankful. maybe we have to discuss not about mixer, but about the fair-play rules.

we can't proove everything by ourself. i have the feeling, that there is much too less reports about selfkillers and warpers.

the admin-team wanted a higher planerange-limit. the poll was more a test for acceptance.
    you have to admit, that the average is 1565 / 61 = D25.66 today ;)

Code:
    Distance	#Votes	Product
    40	9	360
    30	4	120
    30	6	180
    30	12	360
    25	3	75
    20	2	40
    20	9	180
    20	2	40
    15	14	210
    	61	1565

Last edited: Feb 8, 2006
  8. pietas

pietas Well-Known Member

Sure it should be at leat 30
    Fatale flies too much ju52/li2 and shouldn't be counted in this pool ;)
    btw fatale, u play 2D or 3D?

9. -BISH-

-BISH- Well-Known Member

10. --q---

--q--- Well-Known Member

I was surprised to realise Mixer is actually Russian. He is certainly the less biased out of them. One of the best people 4 an Admin imho, but he is too soft, he gives wornings and stuff instead banning right away, but it may be a quality too :D

11. Gunther

Gunther Well-Known Member

pls mixer stay.

12. fatale

fatale Well-Known Member

no, check my captured fields :)

with joystick 3D, with mouse 2D ...and i prefer mouse :)

13. bizerk

bizerk Well-Known Member

14. Red Ant

Red Ant Well-Known Member

You really fly fighters using a mouse and you prefer it over a stick, too? When you have to fly a hard AND SUSTAINED turn with a mouse .... how do you do it?? :confused: I mean with a stick you just have to apply and hold a certain level of deflection, but with a mouse wouldn't you be scrolling wildly across the table? ... and completely f*** up your turn because if the pace at which you scroll isn't steady, you're going to turn in a very twitchy kind of way ... sort of?

15. Lesiu

Lesiu Well-Known Member

Mixer, be strong and ban these pilots who are offending you as today - by setting offensive squadname. No mercy for idiots.

Offtopic

Redant, mouse works like joystick, you just move it for example slight left and as long it is left from the 'center' of the pad your plane will roll left steady. You dont need to scroll all the time to keep rolling or turning. However, mouse lacks rudder control and is very sensitive, so flying is not as easy. Go check yourself, use alt-m in flight, it will switch to mouse.

16. fatale

fatale Well-Known Member

mouse in WB is not too bad, try it ;)
    in il-2 and tw iam using joy, of course...

17. reuben

reuben Well-Known Member

I hope that -mixer will stay as admin, as well as maletin.
    I've seen both guys pop in, check status and after talks fix stuff.

Like the CFus PKbug. Ok it might have happened because of tweaking by them, but it didnt stay for too long.

Anyway, an admin that uses the SW in MA must have better chances than those who just "pop in" once a month or something.

AND if it's regarding bigger changes, the "polloption" in the forums is here...

<plz just not only russian or polish polls. That would force me att ENBART göra mina inlägg på svenska och sedan bli förbannad som själve FAN when I don't get replys>

18. graatz

graatz Well-Known Member

Reuben ik måvso min svenska nön baade pölagge, egsteve dij trikken av pressur mäkken ore nijsom smaark nör fjoesan.

I told him i speak swedish really well and his polls are welcome.

:@drunk:

19. reuben

reuben Well-Known Member

umm..

To me it looks like a mix of dutch, finnish, icelandic and danish, but ok :D

20. bazura

bazura Well-Known Member

Mouse control doesn't work the way you think. Centering mouse on screen means stick center, bottom of screen means full joystick back, etc. You don't need to keep scrolling down, stopping at the bottom of the screen is the full travel of the virtual stick. Thus, in turns at the verge of stall, you only have to do (very) little corrections. You have much more precission with mouse than with joystick, I bet better precission than even with a HOTAS Cougar.

The problem with mouse is that you can't keep track of "virtual stick" position so well. For example, if you hold a joystick and close your eyes you know how much is deflected. With mouse a visual cue is almost indispensable. That's why mouse joystick players tend to fly "2D", in this mode mouse pointer doesn't dissapear when alt-m pressed as in "3D".

Curiously, when I flew 15 days in Aces High in 2004 I still preferred mouse control (in fact in WB I can't play with joystick due to broken twist axis) even though there was no visual cue whatsoever and there was no workaround. I guess that was because in AH planes' controls are much more responsive, you can feel the effects of your movements as you do them. Not so in WB. I don't know which is right.

Sometimes I think WB has a plus over other sims, you need neither joystick nor 3D accel. card., not even CD-ROM drive! any hardware is good :).

I miss pedals though. How do you mouse flyers control rudder? Is it possible to combine mouse control and pedals?

greetings

1 person likes this.