Roll up! Roll up!

Discussion in 'Warbirds International' started by Glas, Feb 22, 2003.

1. Glas

Glas Well-Known Member

I find it ironic that admins stated the reason for not allowing the 190 earlier versions is because it might create an imbalance. With the current situation in the Arena, it puts things in to perspective somewhat.

Exactly how far are admins willing to go to drive Golds out of the early war completely? Why dont you take away the emil, zero and 110 and get it over with. The Ki27 should be good practise for your turkey shoot.

So lets see, its Feb 1941 and Golds have the planes I said above. At this moment, reds have F4F3, Hurri 1, I-153, I-16 types 28 and 29, LaGG-3, P40B and Spits Ia and IIa.

What happened to the 109-F2? In RPS it says its intro is Jan 1941. Its Feb now and still no F2. Surely the Reds havent moaned that much that they have removed the only goddamn plane we have a chance in!!

Imbalance!?!?!?! Dont make me f*cking laugh! Ive never seen such a one-sided affair in my whole time of gaming.

Roll up reds! Roll up reds! Get your free kills in the Arena while their still defenceless!!

What a piece of shit! But for the fact i enjoy playing the game so much, I wouldnt touch early war with a goddamn bargepole as a Gold pilot. But thanks for ruining any enjoyment I had out of the first week or so of the ToD!

-glas-

2. bizerk

bizerk Well-Known Member

well i used a different nick to check if 109f wasn't available and you were right glas it's not. and it definately should be. now i fly red exclusively. and i fight for allied planes to be correct and corrected. but i also agree that axis should have thier planes correct as well. but you guys (FH) should add the planes you have listed on the RPS when you say. otherwise why bother!? its just not right to post it comes out at xx/xx/xx date and then not add it. while adding other sides planes. come on guys please rectify this problem.

i must add also glas you guys are having more of a problem then usual also because the squads that change every tod or every other tod are flying red atleast it looks that way to me. so the numbers mostly are against golds at this point. and probably will be the whole tod.but this could change. but not to worry most likely next tod reds will be out numbered the whole tod. man i don't know if i should be glad or sad about that.

3. Glas

Glas Well-Known Member

Thanks biz :)

Please admins, correct the problems that exist early war. I appreciate the Allies were of greater number, more countries and therefore more planes, but what is the use of having the game if there is going to be such an imbalance of choice?

What puzzles me is that there are Gold planes which could be in the Arena (early 190, later emils) which would redress the balance in the amount of planes available to each side. Wouldnt it be fairer all round to try to make the game more appealing to all players? Whilst i appreciate the massive difference in reds/golds in the Arena right now is because of squads changing, i cant help thinking that any player who isnt tied to a particular squad/side is going to fly red, simply because of the many advantages it has. There has been some really silly size differences today especially. 76-30, 58-26 are 2 that spring to mind. As i said, some of that can be put down to squads changing sides, but certainly not all of it.

-glas-

4. HJM---

HJM--- Well-Known Member

yes...i've spoken with glas about that earlier...golds should definitely have more planes to choose from in an early stages...im not saying E4 is bad, but there should be at least one more variant available before Franz 2 comes out (let's say E7)...same about Fockes...pre A4 model would be a great addiction...
    Axis didn't have such a great range of a different types of machines,that's true, but it should be balanced by the introduction of a later (and earlier) variants...

5. illo

illo FH Beta Tester

I don't think theres much imbalance in planes. Emil and 110c arent bad rides. Zero is also very good at this point of war.

I wouldnt oppose adding 190A-2 though.

Reds should get Spit Vb and better performing late variant of Spit Vc imho.

109f-2 should be (and is) available near summer 1941. (i guess intro is in May)

6. Cicero

Cicero FH Designer

RPS list is wrong? So this must be changed.

7. Lince

Lince Member

Golds are outturned, outrunned and of course outnunmbered by reds. Try to survive in a cloud of reds lagg3s, i16s, i15s, f4fs, hurris and spits illo.

Last night i need 311x7mm + 14x20mm to kill a lagg3. I put 14x20mm and 60x7mm and he only lost fuel. More 200x7mm bullets to cut tail!! Where can i buy russian wood?? i want to do a new shuttle with it.

And now they say RPS list is wrong that F2 appear 4 months later. Baaaahhhh!!!!

:UU:

Last edited: Feb 22, 2003
  8. Cicero

Cicero FH Designer

Pls not this diskussion again!
    Probably solutions:
    1. Play red for a TOD and compare!
    2. Ask people in MainArena to change sides to make fair numbers!
    3. U only counted up top turners, so I guess, U mostly fly T&B. Seems to be lack of experience. Learn to fly B&Z and U can win against them all!
    4. Stop whining or stop playing!

Nothing new, LaGG-3's where very strong. But my 110 can take this much too. Try to concentrate your fire on single parts of plane instead spraying all over it.

If it is this way, it is this way! What else? Fw190 from the first day?

Last edited: Feb 22, 2003
  9. Lince

Lince Member

Are you sure i don't know to T&B? Are you sure i don't know to B&Z? Anytime you tried to B&Z and I15 and be B&Zed by 3 laggs? Anytime you tried to T&B 3 laggs and be T&Bed by a I15? I will no stop whinning for you because 109 f2 it wasn't at Jan (we are at April). I will no stop play because i know i will found people as you in air and i m happy killing them. :joystick: :turret:

I usually fly for outnumbered country. :director:

I know perfectly where i was shooting i has no cannon ammo, i was in a 109 E and i was trying PK because he was running.

I said anything about Fw... (SOMEONE NEED GLASSES!!) :flyer:

If you only said that better don't do please. Go teach other guy better. :znaika:

Try to breath a couple times before post again whinning about me. Or are you as Hitech that saids nobody could write whinnings in their Forums?? :confused:

10. Cicero

Cicero FH Designer

The problem is, that archive of this forum is full of posts like this. Simply its not necessary!

I'm happy with Bf110 and I don't miss Bf109F-2. I mostly fly on outnumbered countrys too. Tomorrow nobody will fly LaGG anymore, if much better planes arrives.

I think U mean one of the last days, there where 57 reds vs. 22 golds, as I arrived. I asked on chan100 if some could change sides. Nothing happened, it even got worser. So I left to fly the next day.
    Its only one day of 365 in a year. Imagine if every day one of you easy frustrated guys would post such threat! Sad! Bad! Boring! Mad! :dark:

Well, if 109F-2 should arrive in April or May 41, it really should. But if it doesn't, Aike has to fix this. But please skip such treats. :nono:

Maybe there sould be a subforum for telling sorrows... :rolleyes: :D

11. -nicae-

-nicae- Well-Known Member

hey glas, you forgot to say that admins and beta testers are red!

12. Glas

Glas Well-Known Member

Oh yeah, I forgot about that one! :dura:

Bear in mind nic, im not moaning about performance or nothing, just stating the obvious imbalance which has existed for past few days. Saying they are trying to drive Golds away was probably not the best choice of words, but when your in the Arena and the Golds are dropping like flies (i mean bailing from the game cos of the imbalance, not dying :D ) then it starts to feel like that.

If the RPS is wrong then it should be updated to reflect the true entry date of 109f-2. I trusted the list to be correct and based my post on that, not my fault it was wrong.

Someone made a valid point too. If you try to BnZ anyone, there is always a P40 or LaGG-3 to BnZ you. And dont even attempt TnB cos with the amount of Chaikas flying in the Arena there is always one on your tail instanly unloading his 2000 rounds of 7mm in to you. This is obviously a pilot problem (your own fault if your SA let you down and you missed that high con coming in for you as you pull out of your BnZ) however by that reasoning, Golds would have to stay at 8km alt and BnZ to 5km then back up again to have a good chance of staying alive. What a load of fun that is.

-glas-

13. Cicero

Cicero FH Designer

@Nic: Would U close this threat too? :@prayer:

14. Glas

Glas Well-Known Member

Sorry but for what reason? The appearance of the F-2 formed only one part of my post, the rest of which was, IMO, valid points about problems that exist.

There has been no flaming or harsh words. Do you want admins to close every thread that has a discussion you dont agree with?

-glas-

Edited to add: Well, no harsh words from me anyway ;) And i started the post and would rather it continued. The question over the F-2 has been answered but others remain unsolved (like the problem of Reds having the choice of close on a dozen fighters up til April 1941 while Golds only have the 4 that were in at that start of the RPS). A later version of the emil or earlier version of the Franz to supplement the current planes wouldnt be too unfair imo. In addition to a 190A-1 at the appropriate time (late 1941).

Last edited: Feb 23, 2003
  15. -nicae-

-nicae- Well-Known Member

imbalance happens.. you cant really force people to join the other side here in FH, so you just have to accept it :-\ every ~5 ToDs this happens for both sides.

about 109F2 - the RPS *PAGE* is wrong, not the server's RPS.

16. Glas

Glas Well-Known Member

Sorry for the confusion nic, thats what i meant, the actual list on the site :)

-glas-

17. Cicero

Cicero FH Designer

I'm sorry, Glas! It seemd, that it was going into the same way as, some parallel postings did. But that was wrong. Lets go on! ;)

BTW: I'd would like Fw190A-1 too. ;)

18. Holmes

Holmes Well-Known Member

Golds will be happy only when 262 will be avail. till 1940. :director:

19. Glas

Glas Well-Known Member

@ Cicero: np :)

@ Holmes: Whatever :shuffle:

-glas-

20. Malino

Malino Well-Known Member

No the Server rps is wrong because the Spit V was also available in Jan 41. If the server is correct then whats the point of adding the Spit II is it's only out for a month then everyones flying the Spit V.

And......... Bringing the spit V out before the 109F-2 totally destroys any Game balance as nothing comes close to it in performance (And before anyone starts I'll point to Glas's post, Spits, outturn, outdive, outrun 109's ad the Spit V has almost equal climb to the 109F-2, as well as a better Zoom climb)

Learn tactical flying, I got my streak to 15 in an arena that was 30+ reds to 5 golds on Saturday. Then I lost it by trying out the Ki27 and pulling the wings off in a turn.

Malino