<S!> Spinde

Discussion in 'Warbirds International' started by esp---, Jun 6, 2002.

1. esp---

esp--- Well-Known Member

<S!> Spinde

few days ago i was on rtb to f27 in 109k4 with low fuel and no 30mm ammo i saw la5fn taking position on my 6
    i did few scissors then splitS and i wrote on 100 channel that i have no ammo - i rtb - and spinde disengaged and let me safe land

WTG :cheers: spinde
    thats the game i love - fair play
    no "must kill"
    i owe you Big One! :cheers: :super:

2. illo

illo FH Beta Tester

3. -haupt

-haupt Well-Known Member

He told me later that he had no ammo too. :D

4. ppedott_vibora

ppedott_vibora Well-Known Member

wtg!

WTG spinde!
    :@prayer:

5. bizerk

bizerk Well-Known Member

Ah you must be lucky esp. mine and elites motto usually is

'if it's not red, then it's dead!" :) but, thier are occations. :)

6. By-Tor

By-Tor Well-Known Member

Golds need to understand after watching you vulch in your 190's and flee at the first challenge time after time we Reds are not perhaps in such a politically correct mood. You want to fly to your advantage but when the downside of the 1 shot per kill 30mm cannon runs out of ammo because of its short clip,you expect a free pass home in the name of 'fareness''honour' etc. You were happy to engage and kill just a minute ago when you where in control of the fight. :D Now its time to practice your defensive moves or learn some new ones.All part of the art of air-combat.When your SA fails and finds you short of fuel or ammo,or friends,DONT expect me in the name of fairness to give you quarter.Just a minute ago you were trying to kill ME from a superior postion....remember? ;)

By-Tor =Elite= :cheers:

7. Aser

Aser Well-Known Member

I am agree with By-Tor, but not only for gold people, but for reds too.

Part of the air combat is know that maybe you are going to find some enemies returning home, so is important to keep a reserve of ammo. :znaika:

If 109k has very little clip of 30mm, be careful with how much you spend. :turret:

It is very easy to shoot down 4 planes, keep out of ammo, and then write in 100 ch: "I have not ammo, I rtb". That is not the way. Just shoot down 3 of them and then return home knowing that you can still fight.

In fact, as you say, you had ammo: 13mm. I know that is not the main gun of 109, but other planes has 2x12mm and people shoot down enemies with them (Ki43, Mc202, ...) so, why not you in 109?.

I know that this is a game, and nothing to do with reality, and I am not a vulcher :nono: , but when I find someone fliyng with different colour that mine, and is not landing or taking off or smoking black, I shoot him.

8. Broz

Broz Well-Known Member

Once again, i must agree with by-tor, but i must say, that i think that "honour" must be over that. I can't hear (read ;) )a supplication from another player, and ignore it, and follow him and finally kill him. Me, simply, i can't :dunno:

Btw, in these wonderful two months i've been playing WB, i have mostly ever had the luck of find in my way real gentlemen (always talking about the matter of this thread, in other situations..... better don't talk about it :dark: ), who have always let me rtb if i was out of ammo. I must say here what happened to me last week:

I was following a 190 from my airfield to the golden airfield where he wanted to land. After 5-6 min of hunting, i finally killed him. I had fired all my ammo, so i had to rtb. 1/2 way home, a see a 109 who gets in my 6, and starts to shoot at me. As i was rtbing out of ammo, i begged him on ch 100 to let me do so, and in my 2nd message, i see that he leaves me live (i was his kill, that's for sure). His name is CHPOCK. From here thx.

Btw, the 190 i had hunted a few minutes ago (sry, i can't remember your name :shuffle: ), told me that i hadn't let him rtb, and he was out of ammo, the same situation i had been. I'm really sorry he didn't tell it to me at ch 100, because, that's for sure, i would have let him rtb.
    Sry for the length, i had to explain it. Thx chpock :cheers: , and sorry 190 :shuffle:

9. -haupt

-haupt Well-Known Member

WTG Spinde.

Mercy isnt something you ask to receive. The other pilot must feel in heart that you deserve it.

OT:Honestly i think that this public channel 100 SUX BIG TIME. "Enemies" should not be able to talk to each other at least while in flight. Its totaly unreal to have enemies sharing words during a air combat AFAIK.
    WB is a WW2 flight sim, should try to be nearest reality as possible in all points not only in air
    combat.

Maybe it could be changed?
    Alow all players to chat on public channel 100 only while in tower.

Im pretty sure it will never happen anyway.... :(

Last edited: Jun 7, 2002
  10. Odisseo

Odisseo Well-Known Member

Haupt there is an easy way to solve channel 100 problem..as soon you takeoff just tune out chan 100 and tune it back when in tower :)

Usually is what i do on raids, that's avoid you to open everytimes buffchat for read messages that usually switch too fast with channel 100 aliases ect.

11. Zembla JG13

Zembla JG13 FH Beta Tester

By tor,

I'm wondering, why do reds always say they behave like angels? I've been out of warbirds for some time, but yesterday and the day before I've been flying again pretty intensively (for my standards ;)) and I saw all those reds blabbering gold vulching this, gold vulching that... stop behaving like you're the angels and we're the assholes that kill you as soon as you got the chance to take your gears in.

I don't vulch, I stopped doing that about 6 TOD's ago.... the rare occasions I do vulch is when I'm closing a field, or when I'm doing an organised strike and am ordered to do so...

And then again, you said it yourself it's just a game, then why are you so upset about vulching?

greetz, Zembla

12. -haupt

-haupt Well-Known Member

Odi its too obvious.

What im saying is that NOBODY should have acces on channel 100 while in flight coz its unrealistic. I think was going to be cool to disable it for everyone while in flight.

And its channel 100 isnt a problem, just unrealistic to have enemies chatting while dogfighting.
    But if u are on the tower u can do a "phone call" do the enemy bases :)

13. heartc

heartc Well-Known Member

By-tor is god-damn right!

14. By-Tor

By-Tor Well-Known Member

Zembla,
    Sorry if you felt this was a personal attack or accusation against you.It certainly was not as my memory is hardly good enough to remember any but the most intense single combats.
    We ALL get vulched,Red and gold no doubt.My point was after having watched(usually190's once available),a plane vulch over a field and get a couple what I consider to be cheap kills,Dont expect me to give you safe passage home if I happen to get into a killing position.If a pilot is low fuel or ammo etc,I dont feel the need to spare him now that HE is on the defensive.That same pilot was full of fight just a minute ago ;) . I personally will not call 'truce' because I find myself in an inferior position. It was MY lack of SA or planning that got me there in the first place,now it's time to come up with some desperation defence.Usually I die,and the kill goes to the victor.He has earned it. I will try to learn from my mistake.
    I'll ask no quarter, nor feel obligated to give it.I will at times let a con RTB, depends on my mood and the situation,or the kind of day I had at work etc.
    I only single out Gold 'vulching' because I fly in an exclusively Red
    squad and so only ever face Gold 'Vulchers'. This is not to say that Reds do not engage in the same manner, I know they do!
    Again I state only MY preferred behavior,and I expect no-one to adhere to my rules.Again sorry if I struck a nerve,was not targeting any-one in particular with my comments,was merely stating them. :D

By-Tor=Elite= :cheers:

15. bizerk

bizerk Well-Known Member

Well i will say it again.

" if it's not red, then it's dead!" but, thier are occations. "

the occations are i'm out of ammo, your leading me back to your base for an ambush, or your aircraft is faster and i can never catch you, or my wife is calling me, and i'm about to get lucky :) in that last case i may do a swan dive into the ground due to i am no longer at the controls. lol :)

oh and most do vulch, so even though it is not correct. i will also. here is a senerio. i am am quite sure alot of reds and golds have been here. say red or gold are down to only a few bases. then it is very hard to leave a field without being attacked. but at times i enjoyed being vulched. ever see a diving con swan dive into the runway as he tries to hard to kill ou on take off?? nothing like getting a manuever kill :) i have died in that manor, and i know alot of others have also. remember , to live by the gun, is to die by the gun, and or ground also ;)

16. Malino

Malino Well-Known Member

Here, Here Bizerk. however Reds I'm normally the one that blows up in collis hitting the back of your plane .

Malino :shuffle:

17. Malino

Malino Well-Known Member

And before anyone gives a smart reply It's taken me two years to learn how to miss the ground so thats a huge improvement in my eyes

:D

18. bizerk

bizerk Well-Known Member

i hear ya malino, colliding with theback of aircraft can cause serious heath risks to our virtual life ;)

and only 2 years is alot better then never. hell i still hit the ground from time to time. :)

19. -haupt

-haupt Well-Known Member

I figured out how to avoid the ground but i still having some problem in colliding with chutes. Seems like my plane have some kind of attraction. :rolleyes:

Here is the screenshot i got last time just after the enemy pilot bail out. I was about d0.5 on his 6 and could not avoid the colision with his chute.

ps:its inspired in duma's (AH) drawing but he's a master on it and im just a....

Last edited: Jun 11, 2002
  20. esp---

esp--- Well-Known Member

:cheers: :super: cool screenshot

are you playing in wb 0.1a in 2d and 640*480? :joystick:
    :flyer: