Showa L2D "Tabby"

Discussion in 'Warbirds International' started by fuhrer, Feb 11, 2005.

1. fuhrer

fuhrer Well-Known Member

Showa L2D "Tabby"

Considering the recent addition to the game of the russian mammooth Pe-8 despite the fact that so few were ever built and supposely "only planes built in high numbers will be added to the game", I was wondering why, since AFAIK exactly 571 Showa L2Ds were built, why don't the golds have it too? Why don't golds have the He-111 which AFAIK too, has been ready for quite a while?

For those that don't know, the Showa L2D happens to be the Douglas DC-3 (C-47 Skytrain, "Dakota", "Gooney Bird", R4D) built in Japan under license and known in the WB-FH skies as the Lisunov Li2 (also built under license but with much less powerful engines).

Yes, the Ju52 is cool looking and all but the Li2 outperforms it dramatically. Give golds the L2D and expect to see some major change on the field capture scenario.

I think it would be just fair, don't you guys? :D

Happy arguing over it! :cheers: (because I won't)

2. -exec-

-exec- FH Consultant

Re: Showa L2D "Tabby"

negative. i'm trying to propose li-2/c-47 as l2d for all lifetime of li-2. developers object because ju 52/3m will be killed at once.

nice news: it is probably that pe-8 will be moved from 1943-02 to 1941-08.

congrats.

"In the end of the tale the Good won over the Reason"(c)-UP-

i did what i could.

3. fuhrer

fuhrer Well-Known Member

Man, I just tried the Pe-8.... the thing was airborne at 137km/h carrying 3600kg in bombs plus 50% fuel. Climbed all the way up to 5.7km in just 25 miles, maintaining an average 8.5m/s... and even from 8-9km alt, the bombs hit dead on target or close enough in about 85% of the drops. Looks like we have a new (and improved) flying fortress. Now in ShVAK 20mm flavor.

All have no problem letting the Ju52 go. It was nice when it was the same for both sides. Now it's just not fair.

4. -exec-

-exec- FH Consultant

developers stuck on 1943-02

5. gryphon

gryphon Well-Known Member

on old damge models li2 dies alot easeir (1-4 20mm 80% of time) so it sorta evened out. sincne ju 52 could do alot more damge and take more then li2. now li2 takes more damge then it use to so its not dalenced out that way any more..

6. fuhrer

fuhrer Well-Known Member

are you kidding gryphon? the Li2 climbs faster, flies faster and if you get four of them up the air you have 112 troops on board! [​IMG]

7. ppedott_vibora

ppedott_vibora Well-Known Member

JU52 can take dammage??? I think it only survive to an potato (hand trowed) attack!! :D

8. Broz

Broz Well-Known Member

well, tell me how, because today i got it with the ordenance, 2x1000 + 18x100 (AFAIR), 20% fuel, and its climbspeed was 6.72m/s. So something fails somewhere... And 1000kg from 4,5km hit only 6 statics out of 7, when a good dive bomb with a 500kg can kill all 7 in once. Well, it seems the idea of everyone being beta-tester cracks somewhere...

9. strafe

strafe Guest

You are a bad bomber guy, really need practice more. I guess u should keep flying fighters.

10. Broz

Broz Well-Known Member

what does it have to see my skills with climb speed? Are you nuts? Or just a bit idiot?

11. strafe

strafe Guest

Ops I got you weak point?.....:rolleyes:

Are you pissed off? I'm sorry, I ought to forgotten you're a some kind of God, knowing everything and you're owner's truth.
    Lets keep flying.

My time is very precious to spent to you. I'm out of any discussion with you.

"strafe has squelched -broz- messages" :zzz:

12. Broz

Broz Well-Known Member

as usual, the discussions with this guy finish with him leaving by the back-door. He likes that too much. Suspicious... ;)

Btw, i still don't see the relationship between skills as bomber and climbspeed... maybe he ьber pilot can explain?

13. strafe

strafe Guest

ops hey guy, how can u write this about me? Sorry again GOD.

Btw, i still don't see the relationship between skills as bomber and climbspeed... maybe he ьber pilot can explain?[/QUOTE]
    climb speed ? what heel is that ? :@drunk:

14. Broz

Broz Well-Known Member

ok, i guess you must be drank. Let's talk tomorrow. Or, better.... never talk to me again, ok?

15. fuhrer

fuhrer Well-Known Member

I love how all threads here end up kidnapped by some arguing over two pilots and completely miss the point of the post.

Broz, this post was made right on the day the Pe-8 (and 1.64) came out and BEFORE the release of 1.64 R2, they might have fixed it. I haven't tried it since then. Also, if you want to really compare climb performances, try taking off with 3600kg of bombs and not 3800kg, and 50% fuel and not 20 :D

16. Broz

Broz Well-Known Member

fuhrer, not a thread kidnapped. I asked YOU how you could do it. It would have been so easy as YOU saying: "well, it was posted before 1.64 R2, so now it's not like that". But strafe came in and started a "personal attack". Well, if he has a childish attitude, i won't be shut, specially when he states something REALLY off topic. However, i realized that alcohol or whatever, makes him post like that. Sad thing is he always posts like that. Maybe medical attention required for this guy? ;)

17. fuhrer

fuhrer Well-Known Member

Even replying to me you are still attacking him. I don't see how the two of you are any different.

18. Broz

Broz Well-Known Member

I'm spanish. He isn't.

If you don't see the difference, it's not worthy for you to keep reading. Skip it,and go on

19. strafe

strafe Guest

Broken silence.
    Does it matter were you came from, rotten apples appears no matter where.

20. Broz

Broz Well-Known Member

i just pointed out a difference. However, nice sentence, did you learn it today at school?