Sir Paul has a love-on for baby seals

Discussion in 'Warbirds International' started by biles, Mar 12, 2006.

1. biles

biles Well-Known Member

49deg 11min 35.97sec N, 122deg 51min 57.65min W
    ...The ex-Beatle visited the region this month to stage a high-profile photo-op on the ice floes in the Gulf of St. Lawrence, calling for the end of the centuries-old commercial hunt. ...

Must be nice to already have your billion dollars so you can travel the world and lecture poor people who hunt.
    I wonder how many baby animals had to die so Sir Paul could fill his private jet with fuel?
    Anyone Remember Fab Four Dolls made by Mattel? I do.[deleted]

Last edited: Mar 12, 2006
  2. vasco

vasco Well-Known Member

3. spuint

spuint Well-Known Member

his wife (or whoever she was) is very annoying person
    seein her mouthing off on cnn to some canadian official didnt brought my attention to harmed seals at all

i wonder what do they eat
    i assume they dont eat meat
    they must not eat vegetables as well, unless the wild-growing ones - creating fields and raise crops is an act against the nature, after all
    would be funny to see them gathering berries in the forrest every morning

4. Broz

Broz Well-Known Member

If he tries to act "for" the seals, he's a jerk. If he doesn't, he's another richman who only cares for himself. What do you guys want? At least, some figures like him can (maybe) cause some reactions (even small reactions are something good) against bad things in world. Let them be if they feel happier and if at least 1 baby seal is saved, i'll say WTG for him

5. sebbo

sebbo Well-Known Member

6. Broz

Broz Well-Known Member

7. -al---

-al--- Well-Known Member

right on ;)

8. sebbo

sebbo Well-Known Member

9. achtun

achtun Well-Known Member

damn bas....! U really love that shit!!!!!!!!!

i agree Broz, much better he spends his money in this that in filling his nose, to be honest. I'm not going to critize him.

10. biles

biles Well-Known Member

49deg 11min 35.97sec N, 122deg 51min 57.65min W
    good point.

11. Broz

Broz Well-Known Member

Good avatar too :D

12. spuint

spuint Well-Known Member

if someone thinks that in our world, consumptive world, anything comes without any harm to natural resources, living beings or whatever must be very naive or hypocrite

its not that i see another richman who spend some money or use his image to do sth and i say: yeah, what an asshole, he has too much money or free time
    i dont care about his money or his time
    its about human nature
    human is a predator, exploiter and a pretty low being, if we like it or not
    we cant exist without harming or using anything, we would die in no time

i wonder how many from those who save the amazonian bushes never crumpled a piece of paper without any reason, lightened his house at full space with no real need for it, left tv on leaving a room for a little longer while, drove a car to a shop 5 min away walk
    i could name few ppl like that
    ppl who dont buy a shampoo tested on animals, but bought a dog (only pedigree of course) and gave away when it wasnt so sweet anymore when got bigger
    who care for natural environment but sleep with light on

to be honest i prefer ppl who act reasonably in every small thing than save seals, whales or whatever there is to save and eat meat made from a cow which never seen sun with its own eyes, grown and slaughtered with thousands other cows in big warehouse, which is accidentally called a farm

one must be very naive or hypocrite to think it really matters in our world

13. Broz

Broz Well-Known Member

We're all bastards, but those who can do something, and do it, i say WTG for them. Like when i do recycling, or don't waste water unnecesarily, or put a sweater on instead heater, etc...
    I don't see why there's a criticism towards Sir Paul when at least he makes something that "normal" people can't. That is, protesting and being heard.

14. spuint

spuint Well-Known Member

i wonder if there would be sir paul, broz or spuint if our ancestors felt pity for baby gazelle
    and no, i dont mean 'its just an animal'
    i mean 'we are just humans'
    and i dont deny a need to act or try to act this way
    but it should start with simpliest things to make any sense
    im not goin to say that one is hypocrite, and that one is a liar
    its just a thought about difference in what i hear (what ppl say) and what i see (what they do)
    not about any particual person
    (well except that annoyng wifey :D ;))

15. Broz

Broz Well-Known Member

Stupid acts can carry on great acts. Maybe with time we'll say Sir Paul was our saviour. Who knows. Until that day, be it a seal, a whale or a rose, i say wtg for all of them/us who protect it....

16. achtun

achtun Well-Known Member

i don't see the point in linking clubbing baby seals for selling it's skin and eating cows. To be honest, for me is not the same.

And if Sir Paul goes to there to save the baby seals PERFECT you know why? because if it were me who went ther, no one would be talking of this. But as he's a popular person gives publicity to a great cause.

And i don't like the white/black we/them with me/withoutme speech, the fundamentalist thought: if you ever sent a letter to your girlfriend wou are killing a tree in amazonas. Let me say: no man, this is not like this. This story is about susteinable development, and you can print all the books you want, you can light all the lights you want and still being respectfull wuth the environment and the baby seals

It's in our hands to make a better worls, and noone can solve all the problems once, but i'm not going to stop and watch it just because i can't solve it

2 people like this.
  17. Broz

Broz Well-Known Member

Amen :)

18. vasco

vasco Well-Known Member

i dunno what sir paul is doing in his privacy, if he's recicling & stuff or not. but i'm sure he's doing more than i do about protecting the environment. big wtg to him.

oh, and achtun has a good point in this thread

19. spuint

spuint Well-Known Member

see achtun, thats my point
    whats the connection with the cows, right?
    have u ever seen one of those farms im talkin about?
    how animals are kept there, fed, raised?
    id rather be clubbed fast than live like that, really
    but theres no blood on the ice floe, its washed into the sink, nobody see it, nobody care
    both are killed for purpose, not for fun
    is it really so different?
    yeah i know cows aint cute, stink and shits all over.. but...

as for fundamentalist talkin... its not me, im very lazy bastard
    just a thought that comes to me whenever i see actions different from intentions, thats all

20. Broz

Broz Well-Known Member

Problem is that seals are killed for a fat rich bitch to wear her fur on. If only it was used for a good reason (like feeding people), i might even accept it, specially if there were programs for keeping the specie alive. But seals are only useful for their fur, while we can use everything from a cow. Even when i don't agree with the way they're treated, at least their death has a reason.