Someone ?

Discussion in 'Scenario / Tournament / Squad missions' started by gladio, Jan 6, 2003.

1. gladio

gladio Well-Known Member

Is it possible to return with some scenario ?
    Is someone interested to the Winter War and Continuous War scenario ? :joystick:

2. -exec-

-exec- FH Consultant

100 years, Gladio, 100 years of loneliness :)
    happy to see you back.

so, you have an intention to make a scenario?

3. gladio

gladio Well-Known Member

Hello Exec, my pleasure.

With the current planeset (I mean about the large planes availability) is mandatory to organize at least 1 Scenario every 2 months :)

4. -exec-

-exec- FH Consultant

we had some conversation (actually tiny flame) about scenarios, and as a result of it a grasp of test arena administrators were assigned to organise scenes. they are fla, grobar, nicae and thomba afair.

you may want to contact any of them to provide details about scenario you suppose.

5. Maletin

Maletin Well-Known Member

i heard, they can't setup the arena (enough).

is it possible to let the people start until a special time
    and the disallow starts for everybody?
    even disco and .clear should be not allowed to start.
    than it's enough for mini-events.
    maybe i can ask thomba (german is easier), if we make
    a litle one-life fight.

let's say
    red: a6m only
    gold: a6m only

but the arena is now for beta-testing?
    we should use another wb-proxy?

6. gladio

gladio Well-Known Member

I've heard something about a Scenario Staff so composed and I'm sure these guys are already doing a great job organizing Scenarios and Events. They have the right experience so no need any suggestion or input by my side.
    BTW was really funny for me to create and coordinate togheter with Ivan, even with some little bug, the first Battle of Britain Scenario.

There are many Scenarios to recreate and FH have a lot of planes to fight with ... mind to Finnish-Russian conflict, Midway, Pearl Harbour, the European Air Battles, The North African Campaign, the Russian Front ...

Let's fight ! Let's the funny start :cheers:

7. --stec

--stec Well-Known Member

Actually some 3-4 months ago I tried to organise a scenario which, if succesful, would be prelude to small campaign - battles over English Channel from 1940 to 1944. We quick agreed on all details, I had registration topic prepared and we only had to wait for Ivan to set big BoB map in TA. We're waiting to this day...
    Gladio let Nicae know you're here so he could add you to scenario forum :)

8. -fla--

-fla-- Well-Known Member

We can setup only a few things in TA, as field colors, permission to fly and planes available. But we can't setup neither map or icons. Also, we can't stop people from using .clear
    We could deny people to fly after a certain time, but in scenarios usually the take offs aren't at the same time :(

9. -nicae-

-nicae- Well-Known Member

we cannot limit lives (there is bug, known to ivan, but i dont think it will be fixed soon)
    we cannot change arena settings - icons, radar range, basically stuff in .help
    we can suspend operations in fields
    we can suspend operations in countries
    we can suspend operations for planes (was it planes? was it buggy? cant remember)
    we can capture fields
    we can change availability of planes

this is enough to do some stuff, but we will depend on the good will of players :)

current rules in scenario forum is to make only 1 scenario at a time. but planning is allowed forehand, so ill get gladio in there to prepare his ideas. tho we do only 1 at a time (either stec's or gladio's).
    this rule is because ivan needs to set the arena up for each scenario. and until he gets the email and until he changes it takes some time.

check the scenario team forum, gladio. its waaay in the bottom of forum list. check in when you're in!

10. gladio

gladio Well-Known Member

Understood.

Scenarios are not simple to manage due to many technical issues to realize (features and not only bugs) but I'm sure we will do all our best.

Nicaee, going to check in ... thanks

11. thomba

thomba Well-Known Member

this is known now about a half year. inbetween this, there were more new suggestions about new planes came up......

therefore i said to myself:
    cc, they wanna get more planes (HE111, ME163....lol), instead of gameplay, also known as scenarios.......

sad, very sad.......and, if comm doesnt recognized it, again:
    i am out of FH

12. -exec-

-exec- FH Consultant

thomba, i repeat: server-team and client-side team are different folks.
    productivity of client-side-team does not influence on server-team works.
    and output of client-side-team is not showing fh priorities.
    that's first.

second, having ta in hands, scenario admins could do many interesting events even on settings we have.

third, the staff keeps controllable settings of ta in mind. later or sooner it will be introduced. but i'm afraid evn then there will be no scenarios because of players' passivity.