Spitty got some

Discussion in 'Warbirds International' started by fuhrer, Apr 23, 2005.

1. fuhrer

fuhrer Well-Known Member

This is what I call "damage model". Aircraft was hit by one 20mm shell from Bf109G and a few MG bullets. Poke a hole on the wing making the plane "flyable" but still wanted to turn right all the time :p due to the increased drag/reduced lift I believe. Right Hispano jammed with the damage.

It's another world, can't really compare with Warbirds. For those unaware, this is IL2+FB+PF: IL2 Sturmovik with Forgotten Battles, Ace Expansion Pack, Pacific Fighters (expansion packages).

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  2. -exec-

-exec- FH Consultant

yeah, the best screenshot generator in the world. :super:

1 person likes this.
  3. Ziomek

Ziomek Well-Known Member

and flight sim ;)

4. -exec-

-exec- FH Consultant

i'd not be so sure about last statement.

5. Ziomek

Ziomek Well-Known Member

Exec i know WB got better graphics and realism but im not talking about UBER flight sims , only those small ones ;)

6. -exec-

-exec- FH Consultant

wb has a number of flaws though you cannot point principal bugs of ien fm ;), but wb has a united community that is not bad yet.
    fh has a number of bugs too. gameplay could be improved but it is not bad too.

certainly, graphics of maddox is far better. but excellence of maddox's graphics is not useful, like a shovel attached to board of shilka in digital integration "tornado" or expanding stabilisators of kh-35 in strategic simulation inc. "flanker". most of those lamer cheered details are not visible in real tactical situations (i never managed to ditch near shilka close enough to see that shovel and i noticed stabilisators of kh-35 only when watched replay and switched view to this missile at the moment of launch) but quite resource devouring. and real tactical siatuations are badly affected by code non-effectiveness causing idiotic lags, freezes, and code logical bugs like fm and ai of maddox.

Last edited: Apr 23, 2005
  7. tigrou

tigrou Well-Known Member

graphics and gameplay are different pov. game play is most important for me

8. fuhrer

fuhrer Well-Known Member

LOL exec, you are just jealous :p I was talking about damage model but if you want, I will go there:
    - In IL2, there is no need to hit 10x20mm to shoot down a Hurricane or a lousy i16 although if you just spray them all over the aircraft you might have to use more than usual. But more than usual is not 20x20mm!
    - There is realistic dispersion (so no D9 pings), forcing you to actually aim to shoot (no spray from D9 and get a kill).
    - Realistic engine handling (with manual propellor pitch, mixture, supercharger) so assholes won't just fly away at 100% power+WEP for hours, leading to senseless chases. Do that in IL2 and you'll overheat and if you don't slow down and open the radiator it will gradually ruin your engine and force you to ditch. Which one is more of a simulator?
    - There is wind and turbullence which, if nothing else, are at least neat.
    - There is realistic weather with rain, snow, thunderstorm, which make for a fairly decent challenge on your navigation skills, not to mention the clouds are great places to hide from enemy. Also there is night flying which, when combined with the above are a REAL challenge.
    - IL2 is mission-oriented not furball/quakebirds-oriented.
    - Amazingly, IL2 was made by russians that will stick to History not country of origin so no i16, i153 or La5/La7 uberplanes in the game. You have to be extremely skilled to survive against a Bf109 in a i16, just like I believe Pokryshkin was. But I'm sure you will counter this argument saying that "he is doing it just to sell the game". Right, and WB is intended to make morons into aces by making aircrafts easier to fly, but just on the red side. Maddox is right, on my opinion, regardless of your point of view so don't even bother arguing this.

I could go on but I will stop because it's not fair. IL2 is a better simulator from begin to end and it's just a matter of time until people have better computers and everyone will be flying it ;) So keep up the good (?) work FH! The more you do ruin the game, the more people will be flying in Aces High and IL2, and I love it! :D

9. -exec-

-exec- FH Consultant

bye-bye[​IMG]

10. Kutya

Kutya Banned

11. Zembla JG13

Zembla JG13 FH Beta Tester

:)

You get a dollar per person playing another game or something?

If Il2 is the thing for you, then great, if you're so madly in love with it that you can't see its shortcomings, even better.

What I don't get is why people think they should post something like that. You think we (or I) care? If you prefer Il2, great, enjoy it.

Oh BTW, on the ruining of the game, I've never seen you contribute anything to the game :) Maybe if you'd develop your own flightmodels the world would be a better place eh? :)

<Z>

12. ledada

ledada Well-Known Member

but the same chatter in both...

since i have never been one of those natural born fighter-pilots (for all these knobs make me confused... 'frogger' was the last shooter i mastered), i can't tell about fm's matching reality...
    but i must say, that, besides grafics (i like doing custom skins in orange), 'fb+il2+r2ds+c3po' is what i feel most nearest to flying a plane else than in a plane (i never flew a plane though). that concerns, in my case, racing and basic aerobatic figures.
    also i like the possibilities of creating own missions (like flying thru a tight passage of 15m with 8 planes and sirenes howling all over - senseless - while a snowstorm is shakin all mechanics. or letting the sundown looping back and fore at tropical coasts in double real-time! or cross-country flying just by landmarks in finland's winter.
    or buffing, which is scary and great.

anyway, i don't consider it as tactical simulation like warbirds, where (for me) the fun is most fundamental represented in the neverending pilot-constellation of the arena. which, if 5 or 100 are online, is in combination with a (still for me) demanding and appropriate flight-, damage- and gunnerymodel is a rare example of a multiplayer-evergreen.
    whereas 'il2'-servers quite often seem to be hosts for swarms of 14 rets and 12 plues wizz-dizzlin in 100 to 1000m alt around a non-existing royal-gelee-treasure. well, course there are more 'real' campaigneros, anyway it's never sure to find a host with a raid which needs me (i surrender mostly by reading the briefing)

i don't know about online-codes, but i agree, that it seems to have some problems in 'il2'. i am not sure if in average or if only the symptoms are more obvious (as said before: i am sure my skills will be always a step behind the annoyments of lags'n'warps)

interesting it is to see that the communication (forum or chat) is filled in both games with the same topics, covered in emotions which seem to be as well placed as neon-pink camouflage over green meadows:
    'my wife left me cause spit is uber'
    'chea-ting is overall! i lost my trigger-finger due to chea-tings!'
    'spits could fly with 96% holes in it, and i want a soft-cussion for to look over the bar in 190er-frontglas!'
    the best was
    'that manoeuvre has never been documented to be performed in real-life. only the reincarnation of an intestine-worm will dare to use it!'
    at least most are to be understand as a reaction to emotional pressure due to the gaming quality and events happening. keeping the heat (about some 'obviously' bad willingly non-corrected mistakes) for more than 2-3 rainy summers though leaves the same taste of exotic peppers burning the tongue like passionate witch-burning (offline).

in short, both entertaining time-killers are to me very fascinating concerning planes, one more like how to use them... the other regarding how to fly them. both as treasury for providers and none to compare holes (generated by two eras of grafical representation by concrete, or discrete, pixelizations)

4 people like this.
  13. hugo baskervill

hugo baskervill Well-Known Member

il2:
    -There could be only 16 players in one server
    -AI planes are strange
    -very high HW parameters
    -views are one big disaster for me
    -poor torque
    -no icons(I don't know if it is + or -)
    -long tired missions

WB FH
    -some planes are strange
    -worse graphic
    -no clouds
    -no ground battles(not tank 'n' hmack orgies but real AI battles)
    -no special skins

I was flying il2 only offline i haven't so good PC to play on line but these are mentions of another il2 pilots

2 people like this.
  14. Snakeye

Snakeye Well-Known Member

hugo, your info is out of date (it concernes il2, not FB) ;)

now some FB servers can keep up to 128 players, but still it's "just" a DF - planes on 2 (or more) sides kicking the hell out of each other ;) no real changes during one such mission except for more destroyed targets. and icon-types are set by the server (my fav is no-icons at all :) )
    what fb excels in are coop-type mission. they are actually mini-scenarios every single time, with certain objectives for both sides, with many "boring" planes flown by AI and players keeping their mission and life in mind, not kamikazing into enemy field...

about wind and weather in FB... well... there actually is no wind as such ;) there is some constant force that rotates planes on ground in bad weather and something that pushes plane a bit sideways on take-off and approach. it always "blows" in the same direction and doesn't really affect navigation. i like the turbulence effect however, thou it's too pronounced at certain alts and absolutely absent at others
    clouds don't move either, even thou there is supposed to be "wind" sometimes (clouds are beautiful anyways, best i've ever seen in a computer game :))

15. manoce

manoce Well-Known Member

yeah.. i have heard that recently FB physics were enhanced by some attributes .. that were claimed to be not realistical just until now by oleg lovers ;)

i never liked il2 series.. mb just because of these jerks shouting everywhere that every single feature of the sim is the most realistic possible and jumping on me when i pointed out that it's not like that

Last edited: Apr 24, 2005
    1 person likes this.
  16. Allsop

Allsop Well-Known Member

Why are my cars so expensive? I will never have the ability to play a game where axis cannon does damamge....sad. haah.

1 person likes this.
  17. bizerk

bizerk Well-Known Member

IL-2 is fantastic looking for sure. I had problems when online with graphics getting real choppy even after I turned down some of the effects. In the spit in the med/desert map in IL-2FB you couldn't go full throttle even with radiator wide open, it would over heat in an instant. Sure the spits merlin would overheat, but so did the 109's. I think IL-2's should have an rps like warbirds and FH but mostly some one creates a mission and it only lasts 1 hour or 1 and 1/2 hours. Their was nothing like popping on and wanting to fly a quick sorties, taxi, climb then BAM!!! Mission is over! That sucked big time. Although I did pretty decent for the couple of weeks I flew their when I did have a good solid connection it was fun, Gunnery is a bit different but one just has to get used to it. IMHO WB III isn't as fantastic looking but is just great looking. and having an RPS is most important me thinks. FH WB's may be out dated in graphics but when your in a battle it is quite realistic even to this day. I apllaud the work many have done here, but still much needs to be done. Gotta run watchin a movie with my children :) <S>

18. fuhrer

fuhrer Well-Known Member

Kung Fu Hustle? Don't miss it, it's hilarious! :D I saw it this afternoon (while Zembla was here bitching on this thread LOL)

19. fuhrer

fuhrer Well-Known Member

Actually is quite the opposite: I love it because the people who leave WB to go fly those are usually the ones who spoil the game (Warbirds).
    I am well aware of the shortcomings of each of the simulators in question. My point was to compare the damage caused on each, dispersion and such, not the simulators as a whole, that's why I posted it here not on IL2 forum. But since it bothered -exec- that much, I just decided to bother him a little more because it is fun ;) I got even a bonus because it bothered you too! :D LOL
    What I don't get is why people like you bother reading and posting on threads that you dislike, disagree, think are unimportant, etc. Obviously other people are interested in it enough to post constructive messages, unlike yourself.
    Maybe you didn't see because you were too young to notice but I actually tried to help with the scenarios and -exec-, during the polls for who was going to be the organizer, decided that the rules had to be changed "on-the-fly" so my squadmates votes wouldn't count. Weird because they did count for everyone else. In the end, everyone but me was accepted as organizer. So much for a fair election.

Then I tried to offer to repaint the planes that didn't have an actual texture (like the boring plain-green Li2) but never EVER got a response, my offer to help with what I could was completely ignored. I can tell when my help is not wanted and this is definitely the case. So, even if I could create flight models, damage models, etc. I know it would be worthless for me to try because they only let people who agree with them join the "developer team".

I'm actually concerned that Bullet is going really out of his way, buying manuals and gathering other technical data to try to help on the flight models and, I'm afraid, he might as well be ignored. Hopefully, I'm wrong.

20. squirl

squirl Well-Known Member

It would indeed be a shame if that were to happen.