Stefans back...

Discussion in 'Warbirds International' started by vought, Sep 21, 2004.

1. vought

vought Well-Known Member

Pls somebody ask stefan to stop "testing" the 40mm hmacks on main arena, why?
    Cuz i dont realy believe he is making any effort to TEST istead of just having fun at cost of others.
    All that "im testing" thing is bullshit, he tried driving hmacks to cv couple of times, killed many rolling planes, and after that tried again and again, what kind of testing is this? i ask.
    When i asked him to go to TA to test he said he needs voulounteers, so i offered. But that wasnt enough, though i understood that HARD was testing with him, when midi and yankee offered to go to TA he said no, becouse he needs 5 volounteers. 5! what the hell for 5 planes are needed to test a stupid hmack!?!? Then he added that he must test the new hmacks on ships...
    Despite that earlier he drove his hmack thru a cv and later was shoting dds, and cas from like 1 mile to a diffrent cv that was not enough testing. And stating that he will only shoot ships was a lie cuz i got killed 2-3 times with his dumm 40mms and i wasnt even atacking damn hmacks...
    As i said , for me its all bullshit... smells from miles away.

2. -afi--

-afi-- Well-Known Member

Yeah I have to agree that that is utter bullshit, even though i don't fly anymore that's fucking obnoxious.

3. -frog-

-frog- Well-Known Member

Yeap... testing... was a subject of thread started by me some time ago. Pilots wanting to go and test it on MA was supposed to be the fair solution. But fairness ends where some abusers/exploiters start to fly... especially when they're betatesters.

4. -exec-

-exec- FH Consultant

vought, what do you think of releasing 57mm hmack right now?
    then you unexpectedly find out that hmack is capable of attacking a fleet and also it is capable other abuses. how's that?

i don't know why stefan needed in 5 planes to test, but very probably he had reasons for that.

and finally: beta testers have rights to do everything, and they do it every pre-release. that's quite rare.
    when previous "stefan abuser" topic was discussed? three months ago? half of the year?

you cannot state that beta-testers abuse beta-versions between releases. they "abuse" beta-prereleases only.

5. -cbfs-

-cbfs- Well-Known Member

Where the flowers bloom like madness in the spri-i
    Well, he could have asked for assistance and then go do it at a field at the bottom of the map - I found out that he shot down one of my team-mates without warning (and probably quite a few other pilots as well). That is not testing. As for the ships he could have changed countries and gone to a CV without any activity, then shoot its brains out. Instead he chose to do all of the above in the frontline. A bit more responsibility was needed, so that noone would go 'oh, crap' when Stefan announces a hmack testing session.

My 2 (euro)cents.

:) :kruto:

6. Zembla JG13

Zembla JG13 FH Beta Tester

It's kinda hard to get the arena to cooperate when you're in for a test of some kind. Plane's getting shot down without warning, well, so it goes :D No seriously, if he hadn't done the testing there would have been a whole fleet of bloody jeep acks doing what he's doing now. I rather have 1 tester test, than 20 players abuse. Also, you probably accepted his explanation about testing things rather than abusing them up until some point, was it when you got shot down that you started to disagree?

<Z>

7. Glas

Glas Well-Known Member

@ exec: Why cant you just accept that Stefan does, on occasion, do this to piss people off?! There are plenty of other ways to test the hmacks, as both vought and cbfs have suggested. But no, he must insist on doing it his own way, when he knows for a fact that he is interfering with other peoples gameplay.

Its absolute bullshit to suggest that its absolutely necessary for him to do it in the time/place he does. There are always CVs on the map that are not being used to launch attacks, and are not being attacked themselves.

Stop making lame excuses for his abusing his position! :mad:

-glas-

8. Broz

Broz Well-Known Member

what would be his point in pissing people off? That they stop playing? Like that he wouldn't have job to do... oh, but wait, he does it for FREE.... maybe we should all just be thankful that there is people testing? If you get killed, go to another field. If you loose a CV, well, bring a buff and recapture. But, as long as you play for free, accept that they do what they do for our common benefit.

9. -exec-

-exec- FH Consultant

Glas:
    consider it as a combat tests. you know what is combat testing?
    definitely, laboratory and polygon testing cannot give full picture that is crucial for saving entire gameplay with the cost of 2 (even 10) particular kills.

10. HJM---

HJM--- Well-Known Member

on normal servers, admins would temporarily "disable" MA, take a bunch of ppl and do some testing then...looks like this server lost its "normality" long time ago together with its admins (at least some, if not majority of them)

11. Glas

Glas Well-Known Member

But its extremely unfair when people lose streaks, or raids are interrupted or affected by the testing. It has happened before, and will no doubt happen again.

I guess the only option is for pilots to log off if they see it happening. Alot of good his testing will be then...

@ broz: Once it happens to yourself, and you lose your hard-earned streak as a result but can still say 'oh well....' then I will accept what your saying.

-glas-

p.s exec I apologise if my initial post was out of order. But there is surely better ways to conduct testing than to shoot down pilots unaware that they are about to be attacked.

If he is testing the durability of ships against the hmacks, why does he have to shoot at pilots taking off?

Why does he need EXACTLY 5 pilots to test a hmack? He had volunteers that he could have done the testing with, but apparently this isnt enough? Why exactly is that?

Just FYI, I am available for testing anytime.

12. Broz

Broz Well-Known Member

Since you're having a development, a server, and a forum for free, it's not at all a "normal" game.

Not long ago i was flying a yak-1 (recently entered in RPS, it was early war), and i saw a buff bombing a red field. I started to climb towards him, and i saw a 109 far away. I said to myself: "hey, i'll keep climbing, kill that buff and dive before the 109 gets me". Suddenly, i got blown away, and in twr i see: You got 2x30-40mm. I asked the pilot (guess who? Yep, stefan), how he could have killed me by a 30mm. He said he was testing the 109K4. I lost my hard-earned streak, and my patience, but i simply left to enter 30 minutes after.
    Not long ago, again, i was closing a med field alone, when a jeep started there. I dove on him, and got killed by 26x12. Guess who? Stefan. He was testing 12mm jeep to change the old 40mm jeep. I simply changed field.

So i know what i'm talking about, and even after being killed twice, i'm thankful to beta-testers. Maybe people should be more humble and appreciate what they get for free, even if sometimes they loose their streaks.

13. Glas

Glas Well-Known Member

Fair enough :)

But I still dont accept the behaviour. My respect for you if you can simply just brush it off and say to yourself 'hey, im getting the game for free, and I know they are working to make the game better, so I wont complain'.

But I cant. I just feel that someone is taking the piss if they intentionally do something to me that they know is pissing me off.

I accept this game is for free. Bear in mind anyone can subscribe (personally I do) to other games for less than half the price of a round of golf at Gleneagles :)D). Is the fact it is free worth having your respect as a gamer and contributor compromised?

I think no, Broz.

-glas-

14. Glas

Glas Well-Known Member

Oh and another 2 points :)

1st, your post to Lesio: 'Normal' games also show some respect to the people who play, at least in the context of what we are discussing.

2nd, when I talk about 'respect', im not talking about the general attitude of the people we come in to contact with as forum users, like exec and rgreat. Im talking about the disrespect of someone who knows that their 'victim' is an unwilling and unknowing particpant in the 'tests'.

Pretty crap attitude imho. You wouldnt even wish it on laboratory rats..

-glas-

Edit: I'll keep the analogy, even though its a bit extreme. A virtual pilot's life is much more sacricanct than that of a lab rat's after all ;) :eek:

Last edited: Sep 22, 2004
  15. Broz

Broz Well-Known Member

i agree with you, glas, that it pisses off. I get pissed off too, and i can perfectly understand you, but you can do nothing about. Just wait and hit the wall with your head :)

16. Glas

Glas Well-Known Member

Not strictly true ;)

Perhaps why 60+ pilots in MA is a rarity these days? :dunno:

But Wb remains free to play, and I hope it stays so :) It's a great game and an even better community. And ppl who contribute their time for free.

For that, im always grateful :)

-glas-

17. manoce

manoce Well-Known Member

testing 109K4.. hmm..
    strong coffee ;)

18. big-jo

big-jo Well-Known Member

yeahhh 109k4 vs yak1 ...that sound BIG BULLSHIT to me

what a test.........

19. Broz

Broz Well-Known Member

So seemed to me, but now golds have a good plane. Maybe he "abused", but in the end it reported a benefit for us all

20. manoce

manoce Well-Known Member

why didnt he test in late war?
    and what exactly he tested? -- climb, speed, acceleration, roll rate -- you can test offline
    online you can test matchup -- with yak1 ;)