Tank battle for f31

Discussion in 'Warbirds International' started by Wojtus, Dec 26, 2002.

1. Wojtus

Wojtus Well-Known Member

I promised to describe what happened tonight at f31: Golds raided it at low alt, so we (reds) were suprised and quickly started 2-3 fighters to defend. We didn't succeed, and after a minute field was closed, 109, A6M and about 4 JU52 over it. But I managed to jump into hmack just before it closed. I've shut down 2 JU's, 109 landed and zeke tried to kill me, but I had more luck :)
    Golds captured the field, but I was still alive on - from now - hostile territory.
    When f31 reopened, golds managed to launch one hmack only. Then I've shut the field down again (one shell into fuel tanks). And then the tank battle started, two hmacks riding and shooting at each other. Wonderful view :))
    The golden shot was again awarded to me, and field was ready for recap. I've called Li-2 (bangyo), and a fighter cover appeared with -rich-'s help. It took some shells to keep field closed - 3 in reupped hangar, one in 109. Great fun, try it if have a chance :))

2. ronin

ronin Well-Known Member

@ wojtus :super:

3. Zembla JG13

Zembla JG13 FH Beta Tester

Hmmm yes :D
    With JG13 we once made a tank division, as soon as the hmacks had their ground attack cannon instead of the quad .50's... we've gotten lotsa fields like that... I remember when Promet was steering his hmack to a field, then went to buy cigarettes, make spaghetti and return in time to stage his attack... (only problem was how to get a ju there, but sometimes there were enough brave souls among us (golds or JG13 specifically))

I once had a tank battle in the TA, but except from that I kinda limited my hmack experience due to the rather slow nature of it's propulsion :D

wtg though :D

greetze, Zembla

4. beryl

beryl Well-Known Member

we need trucks to drive troops :)

5. ramzey

ramzey Well-Known Member

Wojtus azaliz to TY?

6. gunn-r

gunn-r Well-Known Member

wtg Wojtus :)