Thank you Spasibo

Discussion in 'Warbirds International' started by bizerk, Apr 12, 2005.

1. squirl

squirl Well-Known Member

The developers say that they find very credible sources for the changes that they make to Warbirds. Once they change the flight models, however, they throw out the information and it is never seen again. So, administrators, here is your chance to create the historian position. If the community has access to the information used in changes to the FH there would not be as many hostile feelings toward the development.

2. Broz

Broz Well-Known Member

ops bullet :eek:

3. Perdomo

Perdomo Well-Known Member

"hostile feelings toward the development" ?!?! lol, that's the best i've ever seen... what about "gratitude for the ones working for free and letting us play for free" ?

1 person likes this.
  4. -kopi-

-kopi- Well-Known Member

Perdomo we where greatfull for freehost some time a go when developers ask some one before they made changes and you could disscouss will it be a good change or not a good change. These times i really rarely see any admin on the arena i dont see any response on FH forum on things that are wrong. I have just a feeling that they dont give a shit aboute us pilots and make change after change to get us more anoied and pissed off. Admins if you are bored with maing FH a better place pls let some one other do this work and stop playing gods with us not giving any word or response on changes that yr gonna make. It seems like you just injoy the power you got over all of us not for making it a better place for many peaple but just for few of yours friends.

1 person likes this.
  5. Broz

Broz Well-Known Member

Power over us? :)

And why would they get us annoyed and pissed? To make us leave? If they want us to leave, all they need to do is shut off the server, and open a private server. Pls, don't be paranoid, i'm sure they try, but rgreat seems to be very busy lately, and i don't think that changes made by --bw-- are that bad. Just be happy with what you got for nothing. Else, there are some servers where you pay and get heard. Maybe there you'll find your place...

6. Perdomo

Perdomo Well-Known Member

Kopi, look at my join date, i was here long ago too, since then I have played some times, and left others. Real life, job, and all that is to blame for some of my time out of here, but also is the fact that I no longer enjoy fighters because of the changes, however, if I invite someone to my house, he has to accept my rules, or else he has an easy solution, to leave. As I see it, I can accept to play for free, or go somewhere else and play other games... sometimes i have bitched and whinned because of changes, but beeing angry, disrespectful or hostile towards developers? I think I have never been that, and I think nobody should, because we shouldn't forget that this is their home, not ours, and thus, their rules apply, not ours...

1 person likes this.
  7. Helrza

Helrza Well-Known Member

@kopi

Have you ever thought that admin dont give a shit because they are annoyed and pissed off after making change after change, only to have people dump shit on them because "they dont like it"?

8. HJM---

HJM--- Well-Known Member

I remember about 2 years ago there was a serious bitching on "how these gold ubers are ubers and our poor red fighters are a piece of crap"...so I decided to switch to reds. To make it a bit more challenging (for some at least) I chose P39's and Yak9T as my weapons of choice - it turned out that I was (I think) more effective in them than in my favourite 109's or Fockes and I really didn't understand what all this whining was about...when some were bitching about poor golds, I chose Ki43 as my plane...it was quite good also...similiar situation when we had 1-life sq and many different machines to fight on (and I also loved to fly alone vs. them, was tremendous fun),

so, although FM's are messy, I wouldn't say that "those are ubers, these are crap - gold vs. red" statements are key factor...it's very much pilot dependent - poor pilots need super planes to be just an average pilots, they say...

just my 2 (euro)cents,

1 person likes this.
  9. bizerk

bizerk Well-Known Member

Well i am now officially retired from this once great old flight sim. never again to fly here because it is alway been and always will be 1 step forward and 2 steps back in progress. I do appreciate owners and developers hard work, but then again it is like punching two holes in the FH ship for every bucket of water removed and quite frankly I don't feel like treading water for another 6 years here, so I'm going to pay for for flying else where (reluctantly) but this is just a watse of time here. Red planes suck and most notably the ones that won the war and we know which ones they are. Goldshave thier problems as well when it comes to flight models but it is very evident they are getting results in the current launcher 1.64r2 and well documented in reductions in all of the launchers since Fh began. Personally I think to many know the code of this game (owers/developers/thier friends and so on and so on) and have a decidedly good time using it against the regular honest flyers and when they find they still have a hard time defeating some pilot they reduce aircraft handling. This pilot here is finished flying here! I have never been an ass kisser here like so many are and my advice to real newpilots that do stumble in here and think this is a great thing and free, well you will never know what a good combat flight sim this was once long ago and enjoy your ignoance for it is bliss. Funny how so many new nick names all ways here on FH and 99% seem to be great pilots (I wonder how many hiding under these new nick names saving their real names for better streaks/scores etc.)

@helrza on your remark to kopi. If admins/owners/developers and pissed and annoyed well they deserve it. They serve us shit so they can expect shit in return makes sense to me. If they did it right in the first place would be alot less shouting doesthis not make sense?

@hjm it is pilot dependant. Thats a cop out. In real life i would agree, but here there are many aspect about this game/sim and to many variables which are messed withby owners/devs and other arena owners past and present that can screw things up with the touch of a key either with altering of code, or use of enhancment hacks/gear some implemented by launcher and some on the fly as they fly. Honest pilots here flying in true fashion and RL ways may still be good but to many ways and variables to negate honest pilots skills. The ways are endless at FH and more and more friends of Fh team and tabahost and defunct old Fh servers from Germany and Poland and else where has a destinct advantage, the point is how often do they use it. maybe some all the time while other perhaps when they have been bested.

@broz you said
    "Power over us?

And why would they get us annoyed and pissed? To make us leave? If they want us to leave, all they need to do is shut off the server, and open a private server. Pls, don't be paranoid, i'm sure they try, but rgreat seems to be very busy lately, and i don't think that changes made by --bw-- are that bad. Just be happy with what you got for nothing. Else, there are some servers where you pay and get heard. Maybe there you'll find your place..."

the changes are bad, but you are right i'm going else where, not to be heard but to have a better product.

@perdomo, if I am at your house i would abide by your rules, but if we play a game or something say cards for example and you hide the aces up your sleeve or change the rules (alter code like here/reduce abilities/handling/damage model etc) when you start to lose honestly well then i will leave and like here will put/post a sign out in front of your house to warn all new game players/pilots. get it?

also i will give gratitude to the Fh team but from 6 years ago to now has been nothing but a big down grade over all. so i guess to get my gratitude they will have to wait a very long time unless some thing drastic happens, but i know and many others too know that isn't going to happen.

Just a big waste of time, Myadvice to a newpilot, go pay money and get a decent product, or play chess or something. <S> to some but Fuck off to most both gold and red!

Last edited: Jun 6, 2005
    1 person likes this.
  10. airfax

airfax Well-Known Member

@biz: Wow, you played for six years for free and leave with a big FU? Wtg man....

1 person likes this.
  11. HJM---

HJM--- Well-Known Member

well, at this point, I agree with Bizerk completely (despite our old-time,past arguments)...it isn't much money to pay after all...and they will surely spend it in a better way, Salute

12. Zembla JG13

Zembla JG13 FH Beta Tester

I don't understand all the drama... it's a game... if I don't like a game, I stop playing it, without all the drama I see in here.

If your car breaks down, do you write to the factory that they've got a bad product? When you see you're being overtaken on the highway by some Japanese car, do you write a letter to that company saying their car is overmodeled?

The difference is minimal, actually, for a car you pay... but you're used to the fact you've got to work with what you've got. People have grown so accustomed they can criticise that they just feel compelled to criticse about every little thing they don't agree with... (Of course they can criticise... but you remember what they said in junior high to kids that couldn't do but complain about how their life sucked etc?)

<Z>

1 person likes this.
  13. Broz

Broz Well-Known Member

[​IMG] [​IMG]

14. airfax

airfax Well-Known Member

Thing isn't about the money. When one wants to leave, why not just leave? Why is it everytime this same fuckin parade of accusations and FU's? After all, it's only a game, and if it gets to ones bloodpressure too much, then it's time to go. I sincerely can't understand all this "You broke it you bastards!" etc.
    At least admins are trying to develop something. Otherwise it'd been the same for all these years. Without a single change. Tiring, huh?

(And before the flood of the "ItwassorightwhentheIenmadeit!" starts, the Ien webpage admitted that they didn't even want to use accurate models, but compared planes with each other, in game)

15. -kopi-

-kopi- Well-Known Member

Belive me i want to leave to Aces High 2 but i dont have money for that so ill still stay here and ill bitch on this FH untill stupid changes that makes nothing better disapire.
    Imo only good change in new FHL is flight model which gives more challange and fun and some other minor changes that made most of planes fly like they shuld. And then theres a list of stupid or even idotic changes like spit9 uber agility that has no backup in any history source. That change made japan planes like a6m and ki 43 ki 61 totallly useless without any advantage.
    Stupid fuel rule that was imployed to stop pilots from taking off from atacked field. Still i see many of us doing that and i dont think that anything can change it.
    25 mm hmack that has rage of d15 and almost always 1 bullet disarms whole plane. Lost controls or lost important part.
    Im not saying the whole FH is bad but those things that i just mantioned drives me insane and probobly most of us. Im not demanding much, just some response from admins that they are still outthere and will change things that makes this game anoying, iirritating and not true with the history. How many topics you need to see that spitfire 9 is to agile 25mm hmack to powerfull and fuel rule just worthless to finally make this things right so that we can all be happy?

16. Cierzo

Cierzo Well-Known Member

people whines about a6m, but it's almost the only plane i fly (except for jabo, when i choose 110 or 109), and more than once this ToD i've killed 3 in a sortie. And believe me, i'm not a good pilot, it's just a matter of specialization. If you try and try and learn about a plane, you'll become a master, even if it can't match other planes in some aspects. Since i started almost 3 yearas ago, i've only flown a6ms, and i can say i'm quite good at it. However, i always spin in 190s. Are they undermodelled? No, it's just that i can't fly them correctly. That's all

17. Broz

Broz Well-Known Member

talking about a6ms, those damn mini planes seem immune to 37mm. Now that's annoying, grrr

18. Glas

Glas Well-Known Member

I still prefer flying Gold to Red. I flew Gold exclusively for the first 18 months or so in this game, so the tactics I learned to love (bnz) are more suited to Gold planes. Besides, they just feel 'right' to me, especially the 190.

The Spit is a great, fun plane to fly, but like the Zeke I would never fly one with a streak. I rarely rtb in either of them (the zeke more so than the spit).

The only thing I envy about the Reds in early war is the DB3F. I prefer its bombload to the JU88A-1's, but the 88 has better defensive firepower.

The only gripe I have is with the jeeps, which although have been slighly toned down, are still lethal. And they are equally as lethal on each side ;)

19. -kopi-

-kopi- Well-Known Member

Aboute zekes its not a matter are they bad or not bad they behave like they shouldnt. Its true that in some recently updates they become a usefull planes but still that dosent corespond to what you can read aboute them.They dive well (and in RL they didnt) but low speed manuverability isnt a dream like it should be. You can df with zeke in p40s b in spits 9 shit even in f4f3 or spits 1 2 5 i was succesfull in df with a6m2 or m3 and that just shouldnt happened. Over all my point is that zeke where modeled right in the past and they were changed I DONT KNOW WHY. Same for spit IX. Its just aboute relations with zekes that should be much more agile and other red plaes that shouldnt be that agile that makes this game historical bullshit.

20. Broz

Broz Well-Known Member

Don't say: Game is undermodelled because i won an a6m in spitV. You can always find someone noob, someone who is learning to fly on mouse, someone who was loaded, etc... Try it in good conditions and you'll see that it's impossible to be won by a spitV.