Thanks admins !

Discussion in 'Warbirds International' started by babek-, Feb 7, 2005.

1. babek-

babek- Well-Known Member

I want to thank the admins for the new 1.64 version and the new planes.

Great job.

I have flown few hours my Ki-44ґs with the new version.

Here some experiences:

1. Stall
    Hell - what have you done ? ;)
    I lost more fighters because of stall than because of enemy fire.
    But I also saw a Li2 dying because of stall - so I think all planes have now this problem.

2. FMґs
    IMHO ki44 is now better to handle (but beware of the mighty stall :) ).

3. New planes
    Pe-8 - looks like a dinosaur
    D520 - available for both sides ?
    It should be avail for red in early phase of RPS (French Republic) and later for gold (Luftwaffe, Vichy French, Italian, Romanian and Bulgarian Air Forces used them in war.)
    Beaufighter - OK H2H with them is not funny :)

I will have to make more tests - but these new things are really nice.

Thanks very much for your work.

Ahhhh... one last thing:

Did I ever mentioned that it would be a nice thing if you could add the B6N in future? ;)

2. Allsop

Allsop Well-Known Member

I hate the beufighter as now its just another red sprayer so im sure ill enjoy some d8 deaths do to long range barking- but one problom with its modle is that out of its supposed "6?" 7mms 4 fire on the right wing and 2 off the left wing. I cant imagine this being correct- but whatever.

My research shows that the time between either side have the d250 is irrelivant as in case with ww2 both sides captured used and produced many opposing sides planes. And if anything, ill just falll back on the sake of "balance".

The new p39, was it worth modeling?

I like this new stall system, I get manoover kills all over the place now that people cant turn those p39's and spitfires to no end or facing gravity.

3. -BISH-

-BISH- Well-Known Member

LOL!

Babek says pretty much what I think, very nice, thanks for the hard work.

Did he really say B6N? I'm sure he means lancaster ;)

4. gryphon

gryphon Well-Known Member

problem is with pe8, lancaster is not needed since pe8 has bigger load outs then any other red buff. lancaster would now be redundent :). maby why it wasnt alowed. btw nice job on pe8 3d model i like the way it looks. :) i was looking for pe8 in fighters. seems i got it mixed up with pe3.

as for bue fighter. its my understaning it sould fire 3 from 1 wing 4 from another 7 7mm. but maby they settled for an easier soltion to adtapt into warbirds.

as for stall. ive seen flat spins flyining typh and buefighter. and there totaly unrecoverble. i think flat spin has been reintraduced. because i remeber planes like p47 and typh use to have that problem when i satred and havnt since last few releases.
    maby this is the all fm corected? little note thigy on bottom?

p38 got some attechion. it performs better and after extensive reading my bigest grip was take off and low speed excel. im glade these were fixed in this release to be more consitante to what i read like p38 would jump off run way and take off like a dragster,
    but i'm not impressed with its new balence.....
    its very unstable hard to aim and even harder to turn. and i cant out stall a 109 now going up and to the side into a prop stall. somthing i just got good at doing in 1.63. :( so i think p38 has been damaged as much as its been fixed but will wait into ive adapted to balence. befor rulling it still a pc of shit.

5. -exec-

-exec- FH Consultant

pe-8 4000kg max, 5000kg special overload.
    lanc 6000kg nominal, 9000kg special overload.
    i haven't crossed my fingers for pe-8, so i cannot comment wether it is good. initially i was against pe-8.

beau 7.69: 2port, 4starboard

spins are reintroduced. highly probably with bugs. 1.64 will be spin debugging release for sure.

p-38: you say it's an unstable gun platform?
    you say that it must outstall bf 109? which 109?

6. -BISH-

-BISH- Well-Known Member

I have a fondness for the Lancaster. I agree, other planes in MA do it's job, but still...I'd love to see it there ;)

7. laxtsc

laxtsc Well-Known Member

I like new spins, at least 190s will fly as they should, fast, fast EF :) But that 3 min WEP makes them slower :/
    BTW I flied 190s and had problems to get into spin until hard stick-jerking and very-high-G turns. But mouse flying keeps it easier to fly ;)

8. -exec-

-exec- FH Consultant

could shorter wep mean more powerful output?

e.g. irl you have:
    1min of hyper-super boost
    10min of super boost
    30min of combat power
    unlim of nominal mode.

sometimes developers change 10super for 1hypersuper, sometimes vise versa, depending on private flames. life has 3 or even 4 engine modes, while wb only 2.

9. gryphon

/cant really say esactly what i dont like about balence but fealls like im in a hvy p39 as far as pitch sabiltiy in p38.
    and not nesicerlly "out stall 109". tho its a stall tatic.
    what i was starting to do is sorta what u see offline ai do. go up sharp 45% from strait vet left or right cut moter hit flaps and watch cons who were catching u pass under unable to pull this move still at speed. i cant do this move i stall out of it every time i try now and die horibly. Or rather p38 snaps out of it..... maby its the flat spin reintraduced, but it was one of the few moves ive found p38 can do other then run to shake a con and now i cant :(.

10. hilmar

hilmar Well-Known Member

WTG adminis.!!!

11. spuint

spuint Well-Known Member

i dont know all changes yet, but surely: wtg for ur work and time devs

12. gryphon

:) I retrct my stament on p38 exec.
    ive jumped the gun. on bitching.
    p38 isnt as unstable as i thought.
    its new resposivness and my yanking stick like old p38 unrespsivness was the problem all along.
    i was pulling way to hard especing p38 to slowly go were i wanted and was getting mad when i jerked all over.
    deciding to delicly feal out planes new balence ive descovered i was over pulling my controls.
    p38 should be a good e fighter now. and definitly feels more like id espect it to.
    :0 so now i must apoligise and say that so far ive found nothing wrong with 1.64
    i know i see alot of bitching about flat spins, but i think many uber claims and problems steamed from it misterios disapearence in the first place.
    now maby he 111 or ju 188 for gold?

13. hugo baskervill

hugo baskervill Well-Known Member

wtg admins, vvvveeery nice work, especiallity on my favourite-p38. it can go to blackout above 270mph, this is good defend manuever. But stalls are one big bug, especiallity with full flaps. p38 didn't make snap rolls, but it is perhaps bug.

So, idea with red/gold dewoitine is good, beau looks interesting, and reds have good early buff.