turning off rudders axis on WB

Discussion in 'Tactics and Training' started by fuhrer, Apr 26, 2003.

1. fuhrer

fuhrer Well-Known Member

My Saitek X36 rudder axis went bad and I was wondering if any of you know how to turn off this axis on WB so I can get back flying with rudder on keyboard.

The way it is right now, it just jumps left and right at random making flying nearly impossible.

Any help is appreciated :) Thank you very much.

Warm regards,

2. DeadManFlying

DeadManFlying Member

I don't have the game in front of me, but can you set the dead zone in Warbirds to 100%? And/or set the dampening to max to lessen the effect?

I'm guessing you could hack the .inf windows driver file to disable the rudder input, but I don't know how to do that.

3. fuhrer

fuhrer Well-Known Member

I have tried that though that only disables the rudder (not 100%). I can't get it to accept keyboard input instead. I need to disable the rudder input in either Windows (I'm running 98) or Warbirds.

Thanks anyway for your reply :)

4. big-jo

big-jo Well-Known Member

fhurer intenta configurar el joystick en el directorio del wb original, no en el de FH, yo tenia ese problema

si no me entiendes dimelo y te hablare en ingles :cheers:

5. fuhrer

fuhrer Well-Known Member

Si yo te entiendo, solo no entiendo como hacer para configurar el joy en el directorio de WB :) Ayudame Big-jo! :deal: :D

6. big-jo

big-jo Well-Known Member

cuando presionas INICIO en el windows, hay dos directorios donde está el juego WB, uno es IEN network y otro FH, cuando yo tuve problemas con mi joystick intente arreglarlo desde el directorio IEN y funciono, es decir, para configurarlo tienes que ejecutar el programa warbids, setup etc etc pero ejecuta el programa warbids desde el directorio IEN network

7. fuhrer

fuhrer Well-Known Member

compreendo... lo intenté pero no hay como desligar lo eixo del rudder :( pienso que sea una cosa para un programador... quizá :(

de todo modo, gracias por intentar ayudarme :)