Under the Tree

Discussion in 'Warbirds International' started by Allsop, Oct 17, 2004.

1. -afi--

-afi-- Well-Known Member

That was stupid allsop. I mean just a bad joke, didn't even crack a smile.

Work harder.

2. gryphon

gryphon Well-Known Member

lol u never know. he might be getting tired of miss santa. She is a few hunder years old you know :D. "yes yes dear, ill come back for your its for the cildren you know".. lol. know theres a gift of horor for under the tree. a old winkled fat lady poping out of a cake in a teady.... :any see american wedding? "focus! focus!" lol. sick shit

3. Glas

Glas Well-Known Member

Give him a break afi, he's an imbicile for god's sake...

:rolleyes:

4. --stec

--stec Well-Known Member

25 grades Celsius, no wind, clear sky with some cumulus and a week of free time. And maybe this lady to play with:
    [​IMG]

5. -afi--

-afi-- Well-Known Member

That's heaven, stec.

That would be beaaaaautiful! :)

Recently I watched a program about the first commercial manned space flight, kind of reminds me of that :). They showed video of the craft in space, WOW!

Amazing that you could take off from an altitude lower than where I am right now and within an hour be in a place where less that 100 people have ever been. Amazing stuff.

6. Allsop

Allsop Well-Known Member

One problom......who do you get to tow you up? I mean, Im sure you could find some one, but wouldnt it be more worthwhile to get an "ultralight" that you could take up any time on your own? Either way cool deal.

7. gryphon

gryphon Well-Known Member

thin k u could tow him up a few thousand feet in your ultra light? beisdes a gold pilot on a good day with strong thermals could keey his enginless glider up longer then you lownmower powered kite :) least his is a plane.

8. sebbo

sebbo Well-Known Member

Just one thing I'd like to receive for X-mas: A new start for next year.

The only good thing that happened this year was my marriage. Everything else SUCKED! :(

9. ozemale6t9

ozemale6t9 Well-Known Member

Ahhh...but did your, no let's not go there :rolleyes:

10. tigrou

tigrou Well-Known Member

@stec, what is this glider? it looks like having acrbatic ability.
    me, i flew a wasmer bijave: the papy glider;) but the cheaper and the fun to fly a "vintage"

11. --stec

--stec Well-Known Member

@tigrou
    It's my aeroclub's standard class Foka 5 glider. And it's vintage as well - 60's design :). Used to be one of world's best gliders in it's time, now is used mostly as a training type between two seaters and high performance gliders in my aeroclub - there are better gliders for this task like Junior but the Foka is so fucking sexy I'm hoping to get my hands on her right at the beginning of next season :)

@allsop,
    what Gryphon said. You can stay up all day if the conditions are fine. Ultralights are fine for sure but they lack the magic of soaring flight - you launch yourself in the air, find a good thermal (got to hear that howl of the wind then and feel that kick in your ass :) ) and you're fucking transferring into another dimension :cool:

12. HJM---

HJM--- Well-Known Member

Dot wanted to say it's a standard class Foka' A5 with reduced armament (2x7,9 in the nose - recon version or smth)...and not 60's but 40's design (slightly modified wings from Ta 152) ;)

13. Zembla JG13

Zembla JG13 FH Beta Tester

Is that maybe the glider with which Steve McQueen conquers the skies in "The Thomas Crown Affair" (the 60's one, not the late 90's remake (which was good as well))?

<Z>

14. biles

biles Well-Known Member

49deg 11min 35.97sec N, 122deg 51min 57.65min W
    I want, under my tree, magically, to appear, magically, Oh Santa, Oh Santa, a

Woman who isn't crazy
    A pooter not "previously owned"
    Some Levis Jeans
    The Best Insoles Made By Man
    A Tbyte stick of RAM*

*See ' ain't "previously owned" ' above

Last edited: Oct 20, 2004
  15. Allsop

Allsop Well-Known Member

Gryphon, only one problom you numbnuts, YOU STILL NEED SOMETHING TO TOW YOU UP! Sure "in theory" its a great thing, and a glider WOULD be much more fun...but if you could read and understand english, you would notice that I said that having something more independent MIGHT be better if you dont know a pilot who could tow you up on your availbility to do so.....

GOD DAMN, you guys go for my throat without even taking the time to read a full scentence.....

16. biles

biles Well-Known Member

What about one of them sailplanes that has a little Evinrude and pull start and a tiny nylon airscrew??
    THAT'S plenty independant, a powered plane with a stall speed of 30 ??

17. biles

biles Well-Known Member

Imagine touching down at 0 TAS.
    [for dummies, that's zero, true air speed, in others words, landing into a breeze the same speed you are flying in IAS...
    oh, no, I don't have to explain that, cause that would mean, ahem, you should [deleted]]

18. heartc

heartc Well-Known Member

Allright. Though I need to tell you, like 2 months ago I had a trip in a "Sunwheel", an open ultra-light biplane. Man, this was like the trip to the moon I grant you. I flew in a chopper (Bell Jet-Ranger), Cessna 172, Do-27 (in army camouflage, based on Fieseler Storch, this was actually the first time I ever took up into the air, and I got pretty sick, but only because of all the excitement I figured, cause I never got airsick thereafter) and 5 times in a glider before, and I especially enjoyed the acceleration and 60°+ angle of climb on the tow-line, but the trip in the open ultra-light bi-plane topped them all off. This was a kick-in-the-arse experience, I tell you. The damn thing was even all red, just like Richthofen's, lol. Damn, this was the best ride I ever had. Granted, if I ever get into a flying-club, my money will allow me to only fly gliders at least for a start, but I tell you I'll miss the engine soaring and prop spinning in front of me and wind blazing by! Man, that was the real deal. The pilot let me control the beast once we were airborne, and afterwards he said "You got a hand for that" - yeah, I guess just like all the rest of you crazy flightsim addicts! ;) Man, this was so surreal. I flew several steep banked medium-G turns over a lake, the water reflecting the sunlight, the little tiny sailing boats down there, the Alps in the background and impressive mountains right under you, on the other side to my right, almost level, the clouds and the sun, while the engine was roaring and the wind blazing by, man, it's like how God himself must feel when watching down on earth. Really, I flew in a Cessna before as I said, but this open bi-plane really had a magic of his own. THAT WAS FLYING! Then, the pilot took over "Ready for some fun?" and pushed a medium negative G-dive, me feeling all light and moving up a little from my seat, being hold back by my straps, seeing some dirt flying up from the bottom over my head, then he pulled back up into a steep climb angle, me getting a slight grey-out on the outer-sections of my vision, all the dirt falling down back to the bottom right in front of my eyes. "This is a good maneuver to check whether the aircraft has been cleaned or not" the pilot commented, lol! Had some good drinks with him at the hangar-bar the following night, too. Actually, thereafter, having missed the last S-Bahn to downtown Munich, I slept outside on a beer-bank with the silhouettes against the moon of an AT-6 Texan and a Stearman and that beautifull gullwing shoulder-decker of which I can't remember the exact name right now (some "Stirling") and that big bi-plane Antonov (largest bi-plane ever build), all the stars above - man, that was one of the best nights I ever had by all accounts! ;) That was LIFE, that was LIVING! Man, I die for aeroplanes. I really lived on that night.

Otherwise, now coming onto sebbo's comment:"The only good thing that happened this year was my marriage. Everything else SUCKED!", 2004 was a shit year for me, too. I feel with you, sebbo, although a marriage with the right women (is she "the right one"?) should stand above it all, or not? I left my girlfriend, who really seemed to love me, for another girl I will never get, how's that? It was just the dishonesty within myself that triggered my decision (you know, living with her, but loving another). But now I'm all fucked up, having lost both. Great way to go.

Several more things went bad in 2004, but I edited the other crap out now for there is no point in whining - I was a bit unnerved yesterday. Let's just say 2004 sucked, end of story ;).

Regards
    heartc

Last edited: Oct 20, 2004
  19. -afi--

-afi-- Well-Known Member

Love will really mess up a stable man, i know that first hand. You'll find someone eventually, Heartc :)

So far the worst part of this year happened last weekend. My best friend tried to commit suicide. She drank over 20 something shots of liquor (probably more) and took 15 heavy aspirin pills. She should be dead right now, thankfully she isn't.

Really puts stuff into perspective though.

20. heartc

heartc Well-Known Member

Oh, that's really bad. Hopefully she realizes, too, that she was lucky, since it's quite difficult - mildly put - to help someone who has given up on himself.

Best wishes,
    heartc