vive 1.42?

Discussion in 'Warbirds International' started by -exec-, Jun 8, 2009.

?

1.42?

1. when i say about 1.42, i just talk about nostalgie

18.5%
  2. when i say about 1.42, i swear i will play again if FH goes 1.42 even if others won't

25.9%
  3. i will quit the game if FH retreats to 1.42. just fix errors of 1.672 and/or server rules.

7.4%
  4. it's not about version, it's time when people go different ways

33.3%
  5. woopeckers around!

14.8%
  1. barman

barman Member

It's a pitty there's no scorepage anymore (anyone could tell me why?), it takes away some fun, but it's not a reason in itself to quit flying.

I guess the way to bring more people online at one time can be setting up days and times when there's supposed to be more guys, like:

Fridays 20.00 p.m. official "crowded fh time" :)

How about that?

2. Jacobe

Jacobe Well-Known Member

Oh Lord dorks.

These *******'s have bombers taking off from a small field carrying 28 50kg bombs.

Fighters have 4 50 kg bombs.

Some planes willingly have unrecorable stall.

The dispersion of 30mm bullets is pathetic, just shoot somewhere towards the foe.

Zeke's are made so fast and climbable that even an spit can't use it's true charteristics to fight.

PS.FU all, and go play outside, not with computer. :p ;)

3. Cabron

Cabron Well-Known Member

Are you the guy I kept chasing in the spit last night with my zero?

4. Zembla JG13

Zembla JG13 FH Beta Tester

Not really possible. Can't rip out the foundation of an old game and put in a new one. It's a Vista issue, not a WB issue, in all fairness.

Think that'll more serve to increase segregation than to lure/draw new numbers. People will usually just click where there's someone else online. Besides, I doubt a free server will be much inclined to run multiple servers/instances of itself :)

To be fair, the AI in Warbirds only served to be shot down, and fly in circles. It never really was intelligence as such, rather a script running some planes.

In those days IL2 was only a distant blip on the horizon, Aces High was only just starting out, and software piracy wasn't as widespread as it is now. FH was a free and easy solution for the crowds of Warbirds 2, who wanted to keep playing the game they'd known for years on end, without either having to pay it, or maybe because of the new planes, I'm sure everyone had their reason.

In the end though, there wasn't enough cake to go around. And FH just went in a slow decline. For me personally, my interest just started to fade, after all the new games/sims, with growing older etc. It's not so much a matter of getting old players to come back, it's getting new ones to step up. FH died because the veterans were seeping out through the seems, and new faces weren't all that common to come by.

BTW, 1.42 didn't have a Li2 AFAIR, it were the days of the 109G2/R6. There were a lot of planes that weren't in there, think the I15 wasn't in there, nor was the La7, or the Typhoon, the Tempest, the 190A-8, A-4 and D-9 were the only 190's, there were only 5 types of Spitfires. It was a long time ago.

-Z

5. Red Ant

Red Ant Well-Known Member

_ONLY_ 5 types of Spitfires? How many we got now?? :eek:

6. swanca

swanca Well-Known Member

only scorepage kept people on the server

I was surprised that no one understands this

7. swanca

swanca Well-Known Member

rivalry is the kind of man

I do not know the game or any entertainment where he was not about to win a

Just look at the oldest games such as pin-ball machines Card Games Video Games Mobile Games :) various types of lottery cash and ending with a television :D

fun in the whole war on Freehost field collection and defense is a great border to acquire results
    :@drunk:
    there is no point in resurrecting freehost now, we should direct all our attention to IL2 FH

:joystick: I know that compared to warbirds this game is more difficult but you can get used to everything after all it's all in the name of fun:turret: :D

Last edited: Jun 10, 2009
  8. bizerk

bizerk Well-Known Member

holy shit! You guys were really score whores. Well if that is the case why not reintroduce the score pages. Seems like it would be easy enough. get rid of training arena and make sure everyone has to go into the 1 sole arena. and I am still for going back to 1.42 or come out with 1.68 which 1.42's planes characteristics.

about going to IL2 i tried to run it some time ago with TSBand of brothers, to choppy graphically and it just ran very unstable atleast on my machine. I Liked IL2 along time ago when it was fairly new but had the same stability problems, so I gave the game away to my friends father to play around with. I don't think he gave it a try ever. Maybe it is time to move on :dunno: <S>

bullet

9. -al---

-al--- Well-Known Member

from what people have been saying, bringing back scorepages is not easy, as the puter with them somehow got lost? and you'd practically need to rewrite the whole thing

which I think no-one wants to do

10. Red Ant

For real? To spend tons of effort + time on a program and then losing it due to not having made any backups is truly an epic fail. No offense devs, but sheesh!!! :rolleyes:

11. gandhi

gandhi Well-Known Member

i'm with the "would like to see 1.42 again but dont think it will make a difference" crowd

12. Jacobe

Jacobe Well-Known Member

If WB 2.77r3 is shutting down totally, it would be nice (which will never happen) to have 1.42 server for local area network for playing...just like coding it to use onle ip's starting with 127.xxx.xxx.....

13. Cabron

Cabron Well-Known Member

If they are scorewhores, then why don't they ever land wheels down?

14. flygavn

flygavn Well-Known Member

The only thing that can improve game play is people on line.
    The version is way down on the list for most I think. Give me some Golds to kill.

Seed the MA with some AI so when people hit the launcher they will log in.
    No telling how many do and see 0, just say to hell with it.

15. Cabron

Cabron Well-Known Member

Where is the arena.....down?

16. SteveS

SteveS Well-Known Member

Well, I played iEN2.77 before coming to FH. I've actually enjoy playing all versions. WB has something about it for me, I've tried others for short times but never left WB. I don't know what differences there are from 1.42 to present, but what ever I will always be with WB while I have a PC that will play it. Changes I would make if I had the choice are disable tweaking of ottos, but make default settings able to defend otto equiped aircraft better; reign back jeep settings so they are no longer the 99% accurate, x1 20mm hit killers they seem to be now, but mostly we need more arenas. iEN had loads, FH I think uses 3, this gets excessively boring at times. Just my thoughts...no doubt in the best traditions of FH, they'll get murdered soon enough.
    As for score pages, honestly, who gives a fuck. You fly, you enjoy, who needs their names in lights saying look at how good I am?

Last edited: Jun 26, 2009
  17. looseleaf

looseleaf Well-Known Member

OK then, Z, what do you recommend that will either bring back the old ones or bring in some new ones?

As far as not a FH thing more than a Vista/Microsoft thing;

not sure what you mean by ripping-out foundations.

I would imagine that FH server would need to have some kind of "front end" thingy for Vista victims. No?
    Or would someone need to make a sort of patch/tsr for FH server translations of vista kb commands?

Does il2 game work with Vista?

any case it would be nice to see the 50~100 players again.

18. By-Tor

By-Tor Well-Known Member

Hmmm 3 of the 4 votes to return to 1.42 are ex =Elite=
    Our squad had some of the finest dogfighters in FH.
    What I loved about WBFH when I joined was the promise of air-combat. Post jeep availablity, thegame take an unabated fall for me and many. I recall many times the willingness of pilots to "jeep' when odds no longer favored them. The game shifted to the point where many times both gold and red would BOTH be capturing undefended fields and this great old combat sim became a game of 'capture the flag'. Pre-jeep most would simply up from another field and come in with the height adv. That was GOOD, it ensured that players were at least UP. This WB really could still be a great aircombat sim.
    Lose the jeeps and see if 1.42 for its balnced FMs might bring some back. It would bring ME back :)

Hi mates! :)

19. Jacobe

Jacobe Well-Known Member

Good writing bro. Wish FH guys would do IT. :)

20. Red Ant

Hell yeah, that is so annoying! This is an ONLINE game! Yanno? Multi-PLAYER and stuff. The point is NOT to go and avoid human players so you can capture fields unmolested. The point is to go where the opposing players are and fight them.