Wanna play jokes to gold???

Discussion in 'Warbirds International' started by gghost, Sep 2, 2002.

1. gghost

gghost Well-Known Member

Its amazing!
    Early rps is unplayable as gold!
    reds have Spit, P40, I16, LAGG
    golds have 109E, zeke, 110(jabo)

What is the meaning of that? Gold should Loose all the time right???
    Where is Ki? Should appear JAN41, its feb41 and its not there!
    How to fight against Lagg?

Tell me wht golds have done wrong to get such a unfair situation?

2. Red Ant

Red Ant Well-Known Member

P-40 isn't out yet, tho, is it? :confused:

3. illo

illo FH Beta Tester

Yes that 40kmh rl faster p40b of FH. ;)

4. chato-

chato- Well-Known Member

Make 109/zero or 110/zero wings. You'll be invincible.

Sould be no Problem as goldies have more than twice as much pilots as the reds - most of the time :duel:

5. Zembla JG13

Zembla JG13 FH Beta Tester

Lol ghost, jesus, learn to fight with the guns you've got, it's easy and makes a crappy impression if you start whining about it instead...

Actually, the A6M2 rulez, it does, it has all the capabilities it needs to stay out of harms way (which is the only flaw it has) and the guns and 7,9mm are good enough to score 6 kills in a sortie... or more

Same for the 109E-4... appears to me you need to learn to fly...?

greetze, Zembla

6. Malino

Malino Well-Known Member

Would people give it a rest with this "Golds always outnumber Reds" Crap.

Hang around long enough and you'll know it varies each ToD as most squads switch sides.

The balance goes Gold, Red, Even, Gold across 4 ToD's (Someone find the post showing switch squads fly which side when)

As to Axis Planes 've been doing really well in a 110 lately, got me a 5 kill sortie in one but due to my stupid bloody PC just as I was landing my USB ports powered off and disconnected me.

Malino

(Wasn't that long ago when it was 8 golds -v- 42 Reds)

7. Perdomo

Perdomo Well-Known Member

This ToD Reds seem to outnumber Gold anyway ;) .

Totally right. Amen.

My kingdom for a 109!!! :D , I want those 20mm..... spit!! we have spit!?! What we have are Shitfires!!, with those 7mm..... I-16??? man, once you get used to it.... ok, but trying to aim with it.... it jumps all the time :D !!! You know what? I love red planes, I love flying a I-16 and crashing at every landing with it, I love flying a P40 with only 2x12 and 4x7mm.... I love Red, Red is better, Red is faster (haven't you seen Ferrari?? they are Red :p )

And : "Gold should Loose all the time right???"
    Of course, aren't we trying to be historically accurate? then Gold shouldn't win a single ToD :p .

gghost, have you cheked the message you get when loggin in?? there it says, "Gold won the war 4 times last ToD"..... why? surelly because of the "unfair situation"..... I suck as Fighter (everybody will tell you I really suck :D ) but my first long streak was 7 with a 109E, before that I had only had 4 streak with P39 (btw, I have never made a 7 streak with reds....). You suck more than I do?

8. Zembla JG13

Well, to be honest Perdomo, anyone saying that the spits 8x.303 cals are weak, aren't really great aims or shots, I mean, of course, the firepower per bullet is extremely low, but the 8-double firepower concentrated into one area... about the I-16 and landing, heh, dunno, maintain a decent glide slope ;) the P40 is a very good plane, have fooled much 109 and other golds into easy kills... it's better than the 109E at the chandelle, at least, if you perform it right and your timing is a bit doable... and then what do we have next... the F4F3... great plane IMO as a matter of fact, can outturn zeke's if you fly em well... and the list goes on, and the counter arguments too, the counter counter arguments too... and the counter counter counter...

greetze, Zembla

9. gghost

gghost Well-Known Member

hmmm, maybe i over reactet a bit :(
    But i cant do anything against it :( So i am :( DONT BE SAD WITH ME!! :shuffle:

Sometimes i just get too frustratet, for example if i get killed by the IL4 bottom Gunner... :dunno: :confused:

remember gghost :dura:

10. Zembla JG13

Ok, maybe I overreacted a bit too, but well the post sais it all, learn to fly a specific early war plane and it won't let you down... just make sure it fits your style and you know it, and well yeah, don't engage buffs for a start, they are beyond the category ;) way too lethal

happy hunting, good luck

greetze, Zembla

11. Perdomo

Perdomo Well-Known Member

Zembla you are right, red planes are great (btw, gold planes are great too, when I'm gold in early time ToD I love flying A6m...), as I already said, I suck as fighter pilot :D

12. mekh--

mekh-- Well-Known Member

Hah, that's funny. Gold has a big advantage in early war. The 109E is functionally unstoppable when flown halfway right, and the 110 is an excellent fighter, only stoppable by a co-E P-40. I rarely even fly the 109E because I consider it too good to be much fun, and 2 of my 3 longest streaks were made in the Bf-110C in 1940.

The 109E is fast, fairly nimble, has an outstanding rate of climb, and has twin MG/FF. It's excellent even by itself and has only two real problems: scant ammunition for those MG/FF and less than thrilling fuel economy. The Bf-110C maneuvers, accelerates and climbs terribly, but it is every bit as fast as the 109E, has a LOT of ammunition and good fuel economy, plus it can carry some good-sized bombs, which is rare in early war. In 1940, the 110C is as good as the 190A4 is in 1942. Fly it smart and with good wing tactics and you are unbeatable. The A6M2, well it's crap. But there's no reason to fly it when other choices are available.

Compare that to what Red has. The Spit I is not that fast and has guns so weak it can't kill you unless you let it chew on you for a good long time. -16 is so sloooow you can just ignore it. The P-40 is the only real danger, because it has good firepower for the time and is the only thing with a high enough top speed to present a problem. However, its controls lock up fairly early and it bleeds speed horribly on even a gentle maneuver, almost as bad as the 110 does. The F4F-3 is almost as awful as the A6M2 is. The I-153 is annoying only because it's so unnaturally small. Frankly, it's not much fun being Red in early war because the only opportunity you get is hoping an enemy does something stupid. A lot like being Gold in 1945.

13. Platy

Platy Well-Known Member

You forgot to say that the p40 only comes out in December 40.
    Don't know why it was delayed since it is the only red plane that is usefull in early war.
    The Zeke is a very good plane until December, because it turns better and has the same speed has the i16.

14. -fla--

-fla-- Well-Known Member

You are way underestimating spit1. It's quite good, faster than 109E (yes, FASTER), turns better and have excelent dive. Give it some E advantage and no way that 109E can escape.

15. Platy

Platy Well-Known Member

Yes, but having to hit 250 +/- 7mm in a rolling 109 is almost impossible :p. Only if you get a PK...

16. mekh--

mekh-- Well-Known Member

P-40 is delayed until Dec. '40 now? Hah, then my 110 has nothing at all to fear until then. One of these TODs, when they get off the medrl2 obsession, I'll actually catch the TOD switch and get in on early war.

17. spaceb

spaceb Well-Known Member

My kingdom for a 109!!! , I want those 20mm.....

lol, 109 E4 is crap... those 20mm cannons are a joke, VERY weak and we only have 120 rounds.
    Not to mention that any early spit outclimbs/runs our 109 without problem.

Try to use 109E4 and you'll see what im talking about

18. rafael

rafael Well-Known Member

Wasn't it the ammo load IRL? So what are you claiming about? Blame the engineers for putting only 120 rounds. :)
    MG/FF weakness is a known issue, but I don't know if it's gonna be fixed next update or anything else.

Hmm.. That's wrong. I flown several sorties in 109E-4 yesterday and outclimbed every red plane I saw co-E. I-16, I-153, Spit I, Hurri... I see no sense in this last sentence.

19. spaceb

spaceb Well-Known Member

try again, il6 outclimbs E4 just fine

20. mekh--

mekh-- Well-Known Member

As if an I-16 is ever going to be co-E with a 109E to begin with. Slow, slow, slow.