WAR BULLETTIN N 3

Discussion in 'Scenario / Tournament / Squad missions' started by gladio, Mar 28, 2001.

1. gladio

gladio Well-Known Member

F5 - BIGGIN HILL
    Has suffered heavy damages but the RAF's crew is working to rebuild the field.
    As result, it's fully operative.

FACTORIES LONDON AREA
    The three targets are destroyed

F2 - TANGMERE
    Has suffered light damages and it's fully operative

LONDON HARBOUR
    Has suffered heavy damages and it's destroyed

------------------
    Gladio - CO Regia Aeronautica

2. -exec-

-exec- FH Consultant

Looks awesome.
    Cuz you show only Luftwaffe's successes.

Could you provide information about aircraft losses? AFAIR R.A.F had to sacrifice citizens one bad day, in favour of reinforcing the defence.

However, I am sure that the BoB scenario without R.A.F. offencive goals is a one side game.

What if Luftwaffe suffer severe losses? Historically it means that Luftwaffe had to cancel their offence. Your BoB-scenario ignore it, as far as I understand your briefings.

I asked about it long ago, when you just published your intentions to make BoB-scenario. But you haven't answered then, and I'm afraid you would not today.

That's why I don't participate BoB-scenario.

------------------
    Luck
    Yedyge aka exec[228] aka Killer Crayon
    mail2duc@stones.com

[This message has been edited by -exec- (edited 29 March 2001).]

3. gladio

gladio Well-Known Member

As maybe you already know, the BoB scenario it's the first one that I've writed.
    The main goal of this project was to understand if people of FH'comunity indeed were interested to participate in organized events.

I agree with you, in RL many factors have contributed to the defeat of the LW and mainly the pilot losses.
    In fact, I had previewed a maximum lives limit for the entire scenario (4) but we had changed this rule due to some problems that we have had during the frames.
    Many of these have been resolved and we'll not have them in the future, mainly thanks to -ivan- and the pilots who have had the patience of help us simply participating to the BoB.

You said what if .... well we can repeat the BoB next summer with new rules and targets, giving to RAF some Lancaster and Blenheim in order to bomb Berlin.
    Howewer, the RAF duty during the BoB was historically and mainly a defensive role.

About the results, I did not have the necessary experience in the analysis of the Host-Log, and I can guarantee to you that it has not been easy.
    However now I have learned the lesson and I have the right tools.

Furthermore, for next scenarios, we'll use the 2 new specific section on this forum (already up) for any discussion.
    I'm sure that it will help.

About your not-partecipation, you have made your choice that I respect but I do not share.
    Hoping howewer to see you in the last frame or at least in the next scenarios.

WBR

------------------

4. -exec-

-exec- FH Consultant

Sigh, RAF's scoring in the current scenario is exactly "lost - not lost". RAF cannot win under the rules of this scenario. [​IMG]
    So as Luftwaffe cannot loose, because it plays "won - not won".[​IMG]

I did not mean RAF bombers at all.
    Saying "RAF offencive goals" I mean just agressive interception of Luftwaffe aircrafts, so that Luftwaffe cannot continue fighting, and nothing more.

I am sure, that you will plan next scenarios concerning this idea. [​IMG]

------------------
    Luck
    Yedyge aka exec[228] aka Killer Crayon
    mail2duc@stones.com

5. gladio

gladio Well-Known Member

Sure, I'll keep your suggestions in the right consideration [​IMG]

------------------

6. grobar

grobar Well-Known Member

the 109 group leader (ramses) sent their scores after each frame to LW addresses. Regretfully i have deleted them.

You can browse through your WBH logs (or anyone else`s).

BTW i`ve published mine (from 2nd frame) on ******

(will be declassified after last frame [​IMG])

7. grobar

grobar Well-Known Member