Welcome in the RCM world

Discussion in 'RC Models' started by Odisseo, Jan 29, 2004.

1. Odisseo

Odisseo Well-Known Member

Thanks a lot to Archer wich opened this forum for us. After i posted some pics of my models i got lot of messages with questions about RC flying models, so i found nice the idea to open a new forum where everybody can follow it an maybe get passionated too.
    I find it a good way to share aquitances and maybe to help who would begin.
    Have Fun! :)

p.s. i ask you to post in english please, if it's not possible would be nice if someone can translate.

Last edited: Jan 29, 2004
  2. -fla--

-fla-- Well-Known Member

Nice idea, I'll pass by from time to time.

3. mosche

mosche Well-Known Member

great idea wtg, me new gast here, i will post, too, regards mosche :cool:

I have a Dream :rose:

[​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 2, 2004
  4. Ricedd_EEB

Ricedd_EEB Well-Known Member

is ti only RC models?
    IMHO should be all kind of modelism...
    there is a lot of peoplo here in FH that makes plastic modelism (like me :D )

what do u think about it?

best regards
    :cheers:

5. vojtas

vojtas Well-Known Member

hmm...

i have some questions to ask :)

1.What is the lowest cost to make a RC flyable model of i.e. Spitfire or somthing from WB arenas? Counting materials , engines and other stuff...

2. Is it hard to do such thing? Is it hard to control a RC plane in flight?

3. Did u think about posting some tutorials or "how to" of planes you've already made?

4. What is the maximum time of building a RC plane ?

P.S. I'm only curiouse about that but maybe i'll try to build something like this if it ain't gonna be too hard for me :D

6. mosche

mosche Well-Known Member

dear vojtas :)

1. plane, engine, rc controlls, servos round about 400-500 euro

2. yes, when u not have learning your plane will live 3-5 sec when u try start/fly allone :D, after the 3-5 sec. you can make nice fire, ok makes good warm ;), i learn flying myself, start with glider at a hang, than take flyer with gummie up in sky, after than bought a electric sailng plane with 2m span, after than trainer/cessna with 2 stroke engine, in my try to learn fly chrash 1 plane total :D, it ist better you have a trainer to show you RC flying

3. i have now 4-5 2 dґtroke palnes (extra 300 s, 1,6 m span, FW 190 1,8 m span, cessna 1,6 m span etc.), my next plane will be a B17 with 2,6 m span :flyer:

4. hmmmm there can not be answer, when you build such a B25 on the photo think you have to build when you daylie work 1/2 - 3/4 - 1 year, have you a KIT it goes faster, make all pieces yourself longer, it give palnes almost rdy to fly, only a little bit glue and take in RC controll, fly in 1 day, you can build planes 2-3 years, you see the hobby is different ;)

i hope you understand all, when have more askґs ask, when need photos stuf ask, too, regards mosche :cool:

7. Odisseo

Imo anyone's free to post about any kind of modellis you want, i do statics too, they are a good way to design construction plans for RC models :)

8. Odisseo

As sayd in the stiky message on this board, nevermind any WB reproduction till you haven't at least 30/40 hours of flight.
    But for reply to your question there are many kind of kits of reproduction, from the ready to fly till the full balsa (cut glue ect, lot of work btw) :)
    To make a Fuel engine model flight you need:

- A remote control (wich usually has already servos and receiver in the kit [even if usually standard servos as futaba, Graupner, picco ect aren't really good) you find Remote controls from 150 Euro till 1500 euro. If you wish to know the difference it will ba my pleasure to show them to you :)
    Btw for begin i council a Futaba FC16, quite easy for programs and it's enought good for any model you wish to program/fly.

- A charge battery if you wish to have your batteryes and power peacks in good healt, a good charger is needed (to charge your remote control and your modell too. Chargers are from manual "Ladder" stile till full automatic for every kind of battery, yon, Lipo, Mhd, Mhc ect. FOr the lower price a Ladder is enought 50 euro till a Infinity II or a Shultze wich cost 250 Euro.

- A starter starter is an 12V electric engine wich you put on the Propeller spinner and make your engine turn.

- A ignite candle this one is needed in order to turn on your engine, the mixture fuel engines (alcool, nitrometan and oil) have a spontaneous combustion and they need the ignite candle to burn the fuel in order to turn it on. usually they do not cost more than 20 Euro (all depend on model you prefer).

- tools kit where you put your tools, the fuel, the 12V battery for your starter ect, the price depend on your fantasy :)

- The model imho take a trainer something like a chessna or a piper for begin, there are ready to fly models (all you need is to put in your servos and your engine) the cost start from 100 Euro till 200 Euro for a ready to fly kit. Full balsa construction cost less.

- The engine there are many kind of engines, i council for begin a OS engine LA model, they have a low cost and are nearly unkillable, good for any novice who do not know exactly how to cure an engine. For a trainer model we usually use from a 5ccm till a 7,5ccm and the cost is around 80/100 euro.

more or less here you have all what's needed.

As moshe well sayd who learn alone usually crash his model after 3/5 seconds :)
    It's not so easy as when you'r in a sim cockpit, just an example, when the model is caming to you, ailerons as rudder controls are the contrary, and that's nothing hard to handle. Imo best thing to do is find someone who already fly his models and ask him to teach you with a linked remote control, that's mean he pilot and he swith the commands to you as he wish.

That was my intention, to take pix of my models during the construction and post them step by step for free questions.

All depend on wich kind of model you'r going to build, i can construct you a ready to fly model in 2 days, but to build my 1:5 P51 i needed more than 2000 hours of work. All depend on the complexity (retractable pneumatic gears, level of reproduction and above all levell of construction).

If you wish to start i can follow you step by step :)

Last edited: Feb 3, 2004
  9. mosche

mosche Well-Known Member

yes riccedd_eeb, odisseo is right, but never, pls never cars and shipґs, they sux :D, regards mosche :cool:

odisseo, you know about ppl of schweizer classic birds? wow nice page, nice ppl, nice prices ;)

www.classicbirds.ch

10. Odisseo

Ja :)
    we meet at most RC reproduction contest, unluky my team isn't really for reproduction, we do mostly F3A and F3A hidro.

check it Gruppo Aereomodellisti Lugano it's in german and italian

p.s. there's not the full pages in german :(

11. Odisseo

Btw that's my F3A competition model.
    It's a Falcon 170cm x 170cm, 15ccm Engine and 3.2kg weight :D
    Even if the model is a little bit old, due to the power x weight (engine pull 5.5kg and model is 3.2 only) i can fly it in 3D stile too :)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

12. mosche

mosche Well-Known Member

nice plane, me like F3A, too, but favorate will be warbirds and the dream ;)

ps: found 3,0 m kit for 400 US$ in USA, this time dollar course is good, that are 320,-- euro, cheap isn it?????

here look: http://www.warbird-kit-cutters.com/

13. Odisseo

You mean Mitchell? modells are nice, sure, but there are not immages of the kit before you construct it. Is the wood cutted by laser? will the cockpit nose and all gunner cupolas be in a good pvc? ect ect..
    From Usa i know Great Planes and Pica (got models already from them) but i never listened about a warbird-kit-cutters..
    Be carefull before to buy it, imo you should first ask them to send you by mail some pictures of the kit and some details of wood cut and pvc details.

14. BarT

BarT Well-Known Member

odisseo nice to hear from you about this forum!!!

ok, so let's get back to topic

is it possible u post best kit to be bought for a real n00b like me?
    exactly kit+servos+radio (is it all i need?) and prices if it's possible
    so we can get FAQ about getting your first flying rc model!!!:)
    OMG i would love to have 2 m wingspan FW190 or 109 :))!! i would kill with it everybody, cutting them to pieces hehehe

15. mosche

mosche Well-Known Member

questionґs are out/dwn odisseo ;)

16. vojtas

vojtas Well-Known Member

Yea, i would add some guns on wings , fill 'em up with nails and shoot to every cat i'll meet :D

Btw i've heard Odi is building Ju52 or Li2 , with the possibility to launch paras :D is that true?

P.S. Bart has a good point , to show lames how to build / buy our own , first flyable plane it would be a good start for us. :)

17. Odisseo

JU52 already done..at least 7 months ago :)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

18. BarT

BarT Well-Known Member

odi u must have a lot of those plains huh? how about u sell me some flying crap?:)

19. BarT

BarT Well-Known Member

planes not plains lol

20. Odisseo

I love them all and i can't sell them, with all the time i spold on them they are unpayable :)