What is wrong with Scorepages?

Discussion in 'Warbirds International' started by ronin, Nov 5, 2007.

1. swanca

swanca Well-Known Member

maybe there is time designate new manager page
    new admin should be more time:)

2. deadmeat

deadmeat Banned

No scorepages is good IMHO. Here's my theory.

Watch that new bunch appeared in the last few months attacking in large hordes without any traditions of civilized warfare, attacking only the weak like the worst animals do, if find themselves against someone who could punch back running, or when being seriously wounded selfkilling (or warping, but lets blame this one on the aliens).
    What could be their motivation?
    Scores, of course. This happens, when a group of uncivilized people suddenly gets the most advanced guns. They've been missing the natural way and time period of advancing, so they aint got the responsibility it normally takes. They just fucking enjoy being the strong and killing and destroying, without taking a look what they really do and who they kill, wemon, children, no matter, just let em bleed. Imagine what would happen, if some African country could somehow purchase a nuke. They sure wouldnt be that farseeing as today's nuclear powers and would use that bomb the first time they have a disagreement with a neighboring country.
    Or a kid who just found daddy's gun and yet doesnt know what it takes to take a life of someone cause a kid is simply not mature enough and thats a biological law.
    Or let's take biology, laws of biology also applies to humans, aint only animals (well yeah, human race is just an animal as well, a mammal, so..) Well there are the dogs. We all love them (okay, most of us, I'm a little scared of them, childhood incident), we feel safer when they're protecting our house and us. We let our kids play with them. We feed them from our hands. Why can we do this? Because a long long time had passed, since human race is accompanied with dogs. During this long time the dogs got used to us (and vice versa) and are able to live together.
    But would anyone take home and release in his backyard a wolf? Wolves are similar to dogs, they are in the same race. But wolves have had a much more different lifestyle for thousands of years, they just cant behave like dogs do, because they didnt learn how to. That time of advancing is missing from their lives.
    Why shouldnt we take wolves home? What's the difference?
    A dog will consider our kids as playmates, a dog will be waiting to greet them after school.
    A wolf will consider our kids as food.

Dogs take this game as a group of playmates, having fun, being the hero they read about as a kid, being a knight etc. Wolves take the others as food for scores, they even cant take what a knight is.
    Most of us have traditions of civilized warfare, most of our nations were involved in WW2 in life too, so we know what it takes, and we know it's not about killing and destroying and earning scores. A few doesnt seem to know, and these few became a lot in the last few months. A bunch of totally talentless, uneducated people, who can only cursing in english and shooting their gun. They dont know what aerial warfare is, they only know what scores are.
    No, I dont want to play with them. I want to play with those who I've played with a year and so ago. Those who left, wonder why. I want to play WW2 air combat pilots, not a bunch of released zoo residents who had just replaced their clubs and stones to Mk108 cannons.

A few will hate me, I know. But twice a lot will agree me, I also know, even if they'll remain in silence. I didn't mention any names or groups by name, so no one can call me racist or anything, cause this is their next step when they feel trapped and have no other ideas to prove their truth.

And how this comes to scorepages? Maybe if they'll see no score for their barbarism, they'll get bored and quit this game, letting it to be what it originally was: a world war two flight sim.

1 person likes this.
  3. rudeboy

rudeboy Well-Known Member

I would like to see no scores, none on the web and none from in-game.
    Kills, yes.
    Deaths, yes.
    Captured, ditched etc, yes. But no scores.
    Scores are artificial, an attempt to quantify what a player is up to.
    Listen, if I only play the game so I can land my plane. If I consider landing a plane at the end of a mission, to be, above all, the highest form of accomplishment in game... and I do this thing and, let's say, uh, okay.... I fly fifty flights and spend all my time right on the deck in a snoopy and I am doing nothing but looking up and pointing out dots for my team-mates, who can't see things as well as I can from down in the weeds. Let's say I been doing that for fifty flights. And I got thingie that says

Kills = 0
    Killed = 0
    Fields captured = 0
    Bomb accuracy = 0
    Guns accuracy =0
    Medals =0
    Captured =0

Total score = 0

Never mind my number of landings. I am trying to prove a point here and putting the number 50 in there just skews the data for stupid people.

How much is a landing worth when there are no points for having done anything else?
    It is worth 0

Which is funny, really.
    How many 'points' is your nose worth? Or a broom? Or a fun cat in the house? Who the fuck knows?
    Wouldn't bug me at all to see the totally Subjective-to-someone-else subjective [tinkering by admins/devs/whatever] 'score' thing gone poof, bye-byes. Let me and other players count our coup the way we wish instead of being categorized according to someone else's version of what a 'good mission' is.

Hell, it wouldn't bother me if NO stats were kept. I played other air combat flight sims for long time and you couldn't find scores of anyone and, if you didn't play much, you didn't know who was deadly or not and it didn't seem to take away anything from the fun. If there are no points, no stats, would this lessen the amount of chute shooting or shooting of ditchers and landers?
    Howsabout this?:
    No message saying who shot down whom. It would be entirely up to the victor to inform the defeated over ch 100....
    Scores shape the tactics and strategy in-game.
    I dunno about stats concerning simple shit like successful landings. But scores sure do.
    I play in order to engage in dogfights mostly. I have some fun flying aerobatics and pointing my plane at opponent and then landing successfully. I can get zero points for flying 50 missions.
    What does that say about the Olympian Gods ABove, who move people around like so many pumpkins? What does it say about those people who wish to be regared as Bosspumpkin 3.7 glakknacck Ormgomment Droro Fibbibbibbible?

Sometimes I love to take a superfast plane to high high and just buzz dogfights without shooting a single round, just so I can watch the people all turn and chase me as I zoom on by. ZERO POINTS.
    Sometime I like to land upside down. ZERO points.
    Yawn.

Last edited: Jan 31, 2008
  4. reuben

reuben Well-Known Member

Deadmeat, rudeboy:

<S>

5. looseleaf

looseleaf Well-Known Member

Scorepages are over rated.

6. yankee

yankee Well-Known Member

No scorepages - no problem...

7. --vipe

--vipe Well-Known Member

rotfl

what r u talking about?

there is no scorepage right now and we still have selfbombers, selfkillers, ppl still shoot to white plane or plane with black smoke. Ppl fly like kamikaze.

IMO now is even worse

Score is good, competition is good is part of human nature.
    If someone doesnt care about score is something like .clear and thats it, and on the end of ToD it will be 0 in every category.

WB without score at all will be like sport without medals....

8. fatale

fatale Well-Known Member

true sport is not about medals, medals are only for exibitionists like me :)

9. Red Ant

Red Ant Well-Known Member

Well, then you just ignore the damned scores. Some people, however, like to use the scores as a measure of their relative success (compared to previous TODs), even though it isn't a particularly accurate method of assessment ... for all the reasons you've brought up. It's not like anyone judges a pilot's skill by his scores anyway

10. demian

demian Well-Known Member

<S> Deadmeat
    <S>Rudeboy
    <2xS>Antred
    it was a real pleasure reading all 3 of U..

But,i will name them.tURKISH ...silver,gold,junior,bronze....
    even their name in caps lock is annoying..no comment for their style,cause
    it is not style...it is chaos playing...take off,spray,run to acks ,die...
    thats it.thats what this game is all about.tURKISH made such an impact on gold side...now many golds do the same...makes me sick flying for golds..
    110 G2,g6r6,zekes..Christ...there was a time ,when nobody wanted to fly g2r6.g6r6...because it is like 110,not many chances for survival in it..
    these days it is common weapon of turks...why not?..they certainly dont want to land after sortie..last tod they started to use 190 a8r8...new 30mm sprayer...not to mention that after flying so much for 1 side,and everytime same planes,their multiplier should be 0...having a green circle in score list should be imperative..who cares if u have 300kills but with 350 deaths?
    i like scores,i can see my improvement..what i dont like is seeing ppl flying at
    200m..we all start to look like turks..this game can be played in serious manner..or it can be played the way it is now..jabo mission at 200m alt is not jabo mission..it is kamikaze mission..turks are only extreme version of everyday players..if u look closer, u can see how many players here fly with one way ticket..why to use buffs when we all can go from f9 to f4 hvy,
    no need to climb, we can always start new sortie after death..
    reset is so fuckin' important that we all should die at least 10 times to make it happen..or? or u not team player...to be team player here is again fuckin' improtant..so i give my <FU> not only to turks,but to 95% of pilots here who use same tactics as turks...and that is,NO tactics at all.

11. Lesiu

Lesiu Well-Known Member

Actually, they improved jabo skills a little. And yes, they fly in numbers. But philosophy is the same - do or die. Sorry for my poor editing skill, but here you go (I could not resist).
    [​IMG]

2 people like this.
  12. fatale

fatale Well-Known Member

:D LMAO!

13. Lesiu

Lesiu Well-Known Member

I killed zeybek, axe, biber, titant, gursah, kemala; everyone crashed or pk. I really can't count turks killed by me, almost 50% of my victims are TGR. But, they still flying.
    Please, bring score back.

14. Red Ant

Red Ant Well-Known Member

Is it official Turk-bashing month again? :D

15. -al---

-al--- Well-Known Member

is it ever not?
    well maybe for the occasional brasil bashing month...
    and then there's the russkies...
    and the gerries...

turks and brasil are still my fav though, can't wait to get back in the saddle :joystick:

16. gursah

gursah Well-Known Member

Good for you Lesiu, you are my favourite, you are the best !:@prayer:

17. gandhi

gandhi Well-Known Member

lol, turks

axe always resets his score when killed iirc

18. ledada

ledada Well-Known Member

where are the elves?

scorepages or not...
    but this hyperdramatic discurs about 'civilized warfare' is just too much!

19. breedr

breedr FH Developer

20. deadmeat

deadmeat Banned

"your 'civilized' warfare looks traumatic"

I've received this at feb 5 about the comment I've made here.

To the sender: can u pls explain ur thoughts? I did mine so I'd be pleased to hear some of your reasons, some principles behind these great hearing but yet not understandable words.

Yeah well I guess I know your principles as well, I bet they'd sound like this: "lucky motherfucker, bastard, fuck" and some more clever things you've heard on TV.

This gets boring, u should at least complicate them, like this: bastard mother lucky fuck, or something. U wouldnt understand what u saying anyway, and I wouldnt be this damn bored of this sort of thing.